Comcast Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief, they mostly asked questions about strong employment history. They asked questions about scenarios in a job such as sales techniques etc . The woman was pleasant and is just attempting to read you personality. so smile as you talk and prepare at least 20 minutes prior to the phone interview. If they call unexpected reschedule. Also have your resume in front of you.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was, how did you offer good when faced with the customers knowledge of a competitiors product?   1 Answer

Negotiation

next step is a in person interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Hiring process slow and not very challenging. Supervisors ask questions from a prepared text. Interviewing for a promotion within the company is even more stupefying. I read in post the company is continually promoting to meet quotas and it was spot on. Supervisors are hired with no background in the department they are about to supervise. It is aggravating beyond words.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was ever posed was "Do you know the difference between a manager and a leader." I guess, since my answer leaned very heavily towards the positive aspects of a leader, they hired a manager. A micro manager. Our managers continually tell us they held the same position as us at one time but no one believes them. If you are looking for advancement in a career and you don't fit a specialized quota, think about getting a job with McDonalds.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. If you get an offer and you aren't working then take the job because it's better than having your house repossessed. Don't expect free cable right away though. Because of Comcast's beauracracy, it will probably take a month before you receive those services.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Very simple, depends on the person really. Detail oriented, one might not be perfect but they look at room for improvement and various qualities that would allow one to fit within the company culture I think.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is always room for more.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Lynnwood, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very pleasant, there were 3 people in the interview. One was shadowing to become an HR rep, one to take notes and one to ask questions and facilitate conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is a conflict that arose at work that you had to solve or how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other job offers

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast (Saint Paul, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Exchanged emails, set a time and did a phone interview

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process started with a recruiter calling you about the opportunity available. Next phone call was to set up a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, they tell you to apply for the job from the website. You are then sent a link to take a skills/personality test. If you pass, the recruiter calls you with a date to do an face to face interview. The interview is usually with two people, supervisor and a manager.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

The management was upbeat but not demanding or stressfull

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work independently in the field?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast (Morgan Hill, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

A staffing firm set this up for me and they said I needed to do Comcast's application as a formality. SO the next morning as I am getting ready for the interview I get a rejection from Comcast for the position. I call the agency and she was not really on the ball at all, and just said to still go it must have been a "mix up". I was reluctant to go as it was almost 45 minutes away. I get there 20 minutes early and sat there for almost an hour and when "Mr. Sam" finally came out he just pointed to me and fingered me to come over , no introduction or nothing, I had to ask him for his name, REALLY unprofessional. They then had me do a mock call selling their products, which took like a minute or two. I mean I could have done that from my dang couch. The other girl who was there interviewing with me said that she didn't even study (and I did) and she got the formal interview (she didn't meet with Mr. Sam) and she mentioned that she had friends that worked there and they said it was an extremely stressful job. Guess things happen for a reason.

Interview Questions

• Customer calls in wanting internet and cable.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast (White Marsh, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

A really rioters called me and asked if I was still interested. There were some basic questions as to my qualifications, and ability to do the job. Once confirmed, I attended a group interview session. The one-on-one interview went through my resume and qualifications, as well as a skills test. Once I finished my personal interview, I was received a letter of acceptance.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you struggle with in the work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

At first I originally interviewed over the phone with comcast, and declined to go any further. About a month or so later I received a call from h.r. again asking if I was still interested. I figured I'd give it a shot. It took about a month for them to set a date for an interview. There were about 25-30 people that showed up. I don't know who they called, but I guess some people don't know what dress professional means.
       So, we had a very brief information session about 20 minutes. The big hype was free cable and internet. Okay, granted a nice perk. But seriously it's only cable, some people need to relax about it.
      They talk about averaging $20 per hour, and making approx. $40k per year. It doesn't add up at their 32 hour work week. What they don't tell you over the phone is that they HIGHLY encourage you to also work Sundays. That's 16 hours Sat, and Sun., for $40k that's ridiculous, and the only mathematical way to make $40k a year at $20 per hour. FYI, the base pay is $5 an hour, that a joke in itself.
       Next I had an interview 1 on 1 with a supervisor. It went very well. I was told to wait about a half hour or so, as I did. I then interviewed with all three supervisors at once. This was kind of a joke. It only lasted about 7 minutes and their big thing was, "sell me a pen" so I did. I was told I would be contacted within a week and be informed of a decision. I never received a call. I am not upset about not getting the job, especially because it won't even really cover my bills, and the hours are kinda ridiculous for that pay. What I didn't like is that the h.r. rep called me almost once a week for about two months to get me interested and stay enticed, and they didn't even have the courtesy to do a follow up phone call or email to say thank you, but we've choose someone else. Instead they did nothing. Very unprofessional. If they called tomorrow I wouldn't take the job if they offered it for more money.
      I have over 10 years experience in sales and have made a decent living at it. The only reason I interviewed with comcast is because the market hasn't been so good in certain industries and am currently seeking employment to pay may bills, I thought this would be an okay temporary job.

Interview Questions

• sell me a pen   1 Answer
    • what type of animal would you consider yourself to be   1 Answer