Comcast Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2014

2.3

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast.

Very simple, depends on the person really. Detail oriented, one might not be perfect but they look at room for improvement and various qualities that would allow one to fit within the company culture I think.

Interview Questions
there is always room for more.

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in April 2014.

It was very pleasant, there were 3 people in the interview. One was shadowing to become an HR rep, one to take notes and one to ask questions and facilitate conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What is a conflict that arose at work that you had to solve or how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other job offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast in July 2013.

Exchanged emails, set a time and did a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in April 2013.

The process started with a recruiter calling you about the opportunity available. Next phone call was to set up a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview, they tell you to apply for the job from the website. You are then sent a link to take a skills/personality test. If you pass, the recruiter calls you with a date to do an face to face interview. The interview is usually with two people, supervisor and a manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in July 2012.

The management was upbeat but not demanding or stressfull

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work independently in the field?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in June 2011.

A staffing firm set this up for me and they said I needed to do Comcast's application as a formality. SO the next morning as I am getting ready for the interview I get a rejection from Comcast for the position. I call the agency and she was not really on the ball at all, and just said to still go it must have been a "mix up". I was reluctant to go as it was almost 45 minutes away. I get there 20 minutes early and sat there for almost an hour and when "Mr. Sam" finally came out he just pointed to me and fingered me to come over , no introduction or nothing, I had to ask him for his name, REALLY unprofessional. They then had me do a mock call selling their products, which took like a minute or two. I mean I could have done that from my dang couch. The other girl who was there interviewing with me said that she didn't even study (and I did) and she got the formal interview (she didn't meet with Mr. Sam) and she mentioned that she had friends that worked there and they said it was an extremely stressful job. Guess things happen for a reason.

Interview Questions
    • Customer calls in wanting internet and cable.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Marsh, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in April 2011.

A really rioters called me and asked if I was still interested. There were some basic questions as to my qualifications, and ability to do the job. Once confirmed, I attended a group interview session. The one-on-one interview went through my resume and qualifications, as well as a skills test. Once I finished my personal interview, I was received a letter of acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you struggle with in the work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in January 2011.

At first I originally interviewed over the phone with comcast, and declined to go any further. About a month or so later I received a call from h.r. again asking if I was still interested. I figured I'd give it a shot. It took about a month for them to set a date for an interview. There were about 25-30 people that showed up. I don't know who they called, but I guess some people don't know what dress professional means.
       So, we had a very brief information session about 20 minutes. The big hype was free cable and internet. Okay, granted a nice perk. But seriously it's only cable, some people need to relax about it.
      They talk about averaging $20 per hour, and making approx. $40k per year. It doesn't add up at their 32 hour work week. What they don't tell you over the phone is that they HIGHLY encourage you to also work Sundays. That's 16 hours Sat, and Sun., for $40k that's ridiculous, and the only mathematical way to make $40k a year at $20 per hour. FYI, the base pay is $5 an hour, that a joke in itself.
       Next I had an interview 1 on 1 with a supervisor. It went very well. I was told to wait about a half hour or so, as I did. I then interviewed with all three supervisors at once. This was kind of a joke. It only lasted about 7 minutes and their big thing was, "sell me a pen" so I did. I was told I would be contacted within a week and be informed of a decision. I never received a call. I am not upset about not getting the job, especially because it won't even really cover my bills, and the hours are kinda ridiculous for that pay. What I didn't like is that the h.r. rep called me almost once a week for about two months to get me interested and stay enticed, and they didn't even have the courtesy to do a follow up phone call or email to say thank you, but we've choose someone else. Instead they did nothing. Very unprofessional. If they called tomorrow I wouldn't take the job if they offered it for more money.
      I have over 10 years experience in sales and have made a decent living at it. The only reason I interviewed with comcast is because the market hasn't been so good in certain industries and am currently seeking employment to pay may bills, I thought this would be an okay temporary job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Comcast in March 2010.

They bring you in an sit you down to talk about you! They want to know what kind of person you are and actually take an interest! This is something that very very few companies do these days. A half hour interview took 1 1/2 hours and am pleased with the interview process. I am just waiting on the call saying that i am hired. Very impressive company so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in January 2010.

There was an initial phone interview, followed by a "meat market" Open House, where, if you did well in the preliminary screening phase (completing application, basic questions), you were asked to go in the back with a supervisor or recruiter for a brief, one-on-one interview. General questions about your background are asked, along with the requisite "Why should I hire you?" question. All in all, not too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example of you going "above and beyond" for a customer or client.   Answer Question