Comcast

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in January 2010.

There was an initial phone interview, followed by a "meat market" Open House, where, if you did well in the preliminary screening phase (completing application, basic questions), you were asked to go in the back with a supervisor or recruiter for a brief, one-on-one interview. General questions about your background are asked, along with the requisite "Why should I hire you?" question. All in all, not too bad.

Interview Questions
  • Name an example of you going "above and beyond" for a customer or client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Comcast in June 2009.

It started out with a phone interview and I then went two days later for a meeting with the Hr representative and sales leader. They were very informative and answered every question I had. I was called two days later and have a background check and drug screen to pass.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time a customer had a problem with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast.

The easiest way to start the process is to know a sales rep, however Comcast is always hiring for this position. typically a recruiter will contact you first, they explain the job and ask a few basic question such as are you willing to work Saturdays and why do you want to do sales? then you meet with a manager for the local office you are going to work at. its all basic sales questions they want you to sale yourself to them. Also before you meet with the manger you have to take a personality test. you want to sound as if you always take charge and you are able to think quickly on your feet. This job is what you make of it. Comcast will drop you in a sec if you don't make your numbers. there is a lot of freedom with this job so don't abuse it or you will find yourself short of your quota.

Interview Questions
    • What is the last thing you would do if you were unable to close a sale?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in March 2012.

Talk to the guy on the phone wanted to set an interview up ASAP. Asked mostly on sales experience and allowed me to ask many questions on the position.

Interview Questions
    • what is your past sales experience?   Answer Question
    • would you be able to go business to business and sell comcast with confidence?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Fast, easy.

simple, straightforward

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Comcast in August 2010.

Interview lasted about 20 min. I did most of the talking describing my knowledge and experience. Had Director come in immediately once they figured out I knew the technology. Made me an offer the next day but did not give me a chance to learn more about the job. I had to accept the job before getting any idea about the comp plan. Once on board made it sound like I would be buried in leads. Reality is Sr. position is treated like a beginner position with no opportunity to develop vendor network. 2 conference calls a day required company wide w/ team and manger asking what you are doing today- how many door knocks, leads entered presentations and meetings. Standard is 40+ doors, 20 calls, 3 meetings and at least 1 contract. Big quotas for Sr. level but only 2 months to get funnel filled. High pressure environment, preach consultative but reality is transactional environment. not much assistance w/ CRM/Proposal tool. End up with mistakes that you must clean up in addition to other duties.

Interview Questions
    Not much information given during interview phase. Lots of Koolaid to drink. Make them describe the sales process first in detail. Create churn and burn environment. Good for beginners but they are reluctant with details up front.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Comcast in April 2009.

interview was very easy, interview person had a set of questions from a paper she asked from. Just answer as honest as you can, be truthful and you are good. very easy going. only way you can fail this interview is if you act weird or don't understand english or speak english.

Interview Questions
    • .what was you most irate customer you ever had,   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comcast in February 2009.

to easy they dont care its all about sales ligit or otherwise

none

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast in October 2007.

Group Meeting, Individual interview with a Supervisor, Computer testf for skills, education and personality, background check and drug test. Meet individually w/ HR. Offered position. The people seemed very friendly. Apparently, Comcast regularly needs to hire 50 people to replace the flow of people leaving the company. A commission is offered but they continually chage the goals so it is near impossible to reach the moving arget they set. Additionally, there is almost no support for customer service issues from the management.

Interview Questions
    • How to you respond to a prospect who tells you your price is too high?   View Answer
    Standard $10 per hour for every entry sales position, regardless of experience.