Comcast

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Comcast in June 2009.

Interview Details – It started out with a phone interview and I then went two days later for a meeting with the Hr representative and sales leader. They were very informative and answered every question I had. I was called two days later and have a background check and drug screen to pass.

Interview Question – What was one time a customer had a problem with you and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast.

Interview Details – The easiest way to start the process is to know a sales rep, however Comcast is always hiring for this position. typically a recruiter will contact you first, they explain the job and ask a few basic question such as are you willing to work Saturdays and why do you want to do sales? then you meet with a manager for the local office you are going to work at. its all basic sales questions they want you to sale yourself to them. Also before you meet with the manger you have to take a personality test. you want to sound as if you always take charge and you are able to think quickly on your feet. This job is what you make of it. Comcast will drop you in a sec if you don't make your numbers. there is a lot of freedom with this job so don't abuse it or you will find yourself short of your quota.

Interview Question – What is the last thing you would do if you were unable to close a sale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in March 2012.

Interview Details – Talk to the guy on the phone wanted to set an interview up ASAP. Asked mostly on sales experience and allowed me to ask many questions on the position.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in October 2011.

Interview Details – Fast, easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – simple, straightforward

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Comcast in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview lasted about 20 min. I did most of the talking describing my knowledge and experience. Had Director come in immediately once they figured out I knew the technology. Made me an offer the next day but did not give me a chance to learn more about the job. I had to accept the job before getting any idea about the comp plan. Once on board made it sound like I would be buried in leads. Reality is Sr. position is treated like a beginner position with no opportunity to develop vendor network. 2 conference calls a day required company wide w/ team and manger asking what you are doing today- how many door knocks, leads entered presentations and meetings. Standard is 40+ doors, 20 calls, 3 meetings and at least 1 contract. Big quotas for Sr. level but only 2 months to get funnel filled. High pressure environment, preach consultative but reality is transactional environment. not much assistance w/ CRM/Proposal tool. End up with mistakes that you must clean up in addition to other duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not much information given during interview phase. Lots of Koolaid to drink. Make them describe the sales process first in detail. Create churn and burn environment. Good for beginners but they are reluctant with details up front.

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Comcast in April 2009.

Interview Details – interview was very easy, interview person had a set of questions from a paper she asked from. Just answer as honest as you can, be truthful and you are good. very easy going. only way you can fail this interview is if you act weird or don't understand english or speak english.

Interview Question – .what was you most irate customer you ever had,   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in February 2009.

Interview Details – to easy they dont care its all about sales ligit or otherwise

Interview Question – can you sell   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast in October 2007.

Interview Details – Group Meeting, Individual interview with a Supervisor, Computer testf for skills, education and personality, background check and drug test. Meet individually w/ HR. Offered position. The people seemed very friendly. Apparently, Comcast regularly needs to hire 50 people to replace the flow of people leaving the company. A commission is offered but they continually chage the goals so it is near impossible to reach the moving arget they set. Additionally, there is almost no support for customer service issues from the management.

Interview Question – How to you respond to a prospect who tells you your price is too high?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard $10 per hour for every entry sales position, regardless of experience.