Comcast Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Littleton, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Comcast in June 2010.

I received an initial phone call from a Comcast recruiter. The recruiter's questions were mostly about career interests, salary expectations, when I would be available, etc. I then received a call from the hiring manager. No technical questions, just questions about what I had on my resume. Next came an on-site interview with two other Senior Software Engineers. One asked almost no technical questions, but the other had put together a list of questions that was about two pages long, mostly pertaining to the Java programming language, APIs, and tools. With about 12 years of Java experience under my belt, I sailed right through these.

Interview Questions
  • I cannot recall a specific question that stood out as being "most difficult or unexpected", but almost all of the questions could be gleaned from The Java Programming Language or the Java Standard Edition API documentation, for example: "describe the java.util.Arrays class".   View Answer
I was able to get the salary and signing bonus up slightly from the original offer, but everything else was standardized and not easily negotiable. For example, I asked for more vacation beyond the standard 10 days that was offered, but was told that such a concession would require the approval of a senior vice-president, and that such approval was rarely given. In hindsight, I think that it would have been possible to get such approval, but it might have taken a long time to get, and who really has the patience to wait for days or weeks once you have an otherwise good offer in hand?

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in August 2010.

Interview was set by the recruiter, and telephonic interview was held for technical screening. It was quite technical, and the interviewer was a Lead Engineer. The depth of interview was quite good. Interview went well, and it was looking like to me that, they might come up with a positive answer, but haven't heard yet.

Interview Questions
    • How can you call a private method of a derived class object by using base pointer?   Answer Question
    • How does an visitor pattern works?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Comcast in January 2008.

phone screening followed by in-person interview with the project lead

Interview Questions
    • Whats the biggest challenge you have had in your last job?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you are faced with problems you cannot solve yourself?   View Answer
    Industry standard salaries - nothing bargained

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!