Comcast Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast.

Interview

Straight forward & transparent process.
Applied online.
Initial connect call with HR. check on your goals and what are you looking for in this position and basically discuss benefits of being a Comcast employee.
Phone Screen and on-site.

I had to follow-up for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Typical. Mostly what is .... type of questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Comcast

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I don't have any issues with the interview process, it was
    professional. My problem is with the hiring decision process.
    Both my references from my past employer were out of reach due to
    Spring Break, I had to risk contacting a PM that I worked with at my
    current company. Though I knew he was trustworthy, there is a chance
    of him being friends with my current PM and jeopardizing my current
    job.
    Checking for references should be the last step, only after they are
    sure that they want to hire me. Comcast, be sensitive to the
    predicaments of the interviewees.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast (Phila, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Just awful and absolutely zero information given. Interviewer had no interest in actually conducting the interview which I found highly insulting. Needless to say, I didn't get the job nor did I want it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comcast (Littleton, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

I received an initial phone call from a Comcast recruiter. The recruiter's questions were mostly about career interests, salary expectations, when I would be available, etc. I then received a call from the hiring manager. No technical questions, just questions about what I had on my resume. Next came an on-site interview with two other Senior Software Engineers. One asked almost no technical questions, but the other had put together a list of questions that was about two pages long, mostly pertaining to the Java programming language, APIs, and tools. With about 12 years of Java experience under my belt, I sailed right through these.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall a specific question that stood out as being "most difficult or unexpected", but almost all of the questions could be gleaned from The Java Programming Language or the Java Standard Edition API documentation, for example: "describe the java.util.Arrays class".   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to get the salary and signing bonus up slightly from the original offer, but everything else was standardized and not easily negotiable. For example, I asked for more vacation beyond the standard 10 days that was offered, but was told that such a concession would require the approval of a senior vice-president, and that such approval was rarely given. In hindsight, I think that it would have been possible to get such approval, but it might have taken a long time to get, and who really has the patience to wait for days or weeks once you have an otherwise good offer in hand?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Comcast in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was set by the recruiter, and telephonic interview was held for technical screening. It was quite technical, and the interviewer was a Lead Engineer. The depth of interview was quite good. Interview went well, and it was looking like to me that, they might come up with a positive answer, but haven't heard yet.

Interview Questions

• How can you call a private method of a derived class object by using base pointer?   1 Answer
    • How does an visitor pattern works?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Comcast in January 2008.

Interview

phone screening followed by in-person interview with the project lead

Interview Questions

• Whats the biggest challenge you have had in your last job?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you are faced with problems you cannot solve yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Industry standard salaries - nothing bargained