Comcast Spotlight

Average Difficulty
40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fall River, MA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview Details – Interview with HR. Then interview with hiring manager -- who kept me waiting fifteen minutes before the interview. He was brusque and rude. Told me he had people with twenty years experience and that I didn't match up to that even though I have the same.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years? Really? Does anyone ask this anymore?   Answer Question

Local Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in July 2011.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews with recruiters. One online assessment. Personality test. One personal interview with the manger. One personal interview with a senior manager. One assessment after interviews. Background check. Drug screen.

Interview Question – How will you be able to sell advertising without media sales experience?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Elizabethtown, KY

I interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in January 2010.

Interview Details – AWESOME COMPANY -VERY PROFESSIONAL - Be prepared to know the Sales process and stay positive

Interview Question – What are your professional goals and why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Advertising Account Executive (Local Sales) Interview

Advertising Account Executive (Local Sales)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview Details – Met employers at job fair during senior year of college. Initial interview at job fair, followed by phone interview followed by final in-person interview. 3 interviews total.

Digital Account Executive Interview

Digital Account Executive
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online (referred through LinkedIn) and received a request to set up a phone interview with a recruiter about 4 days later. The phone interview was set up for about a week later.

Before the phone interview with the recruiter, I received a call from the hiring manager (at the location that would be hiring). I talked with her on the phone and answered the typical "interview" type questions. I was asked to come in for an in person interview in 2 weeks. They asked that I prepare a 5 minute presentation on any topic of my choice.

Following that call, I spoke with the recruiter who asked more standard/generic interview questions but was really nice, super encouraging and helpful in explaining more about the position. She also gave me some tips for the presentation.

I did the in-person interview and met with 4 people in the office. Did the presentation twice.

I was asked to come back in again to meet with a few more team members and to have a conference call with a remote team in a different state. From there I sent over my references.

They extended the offer the following day. The whole process took about 3 weeks from beginning to them making an offer.

Interview Question – What are 5 words your previous managers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much ability to negotiate.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in February 2013.

Interview Details – I found the application and interview process interesting but frustrating. HR is essential in getting to an interview and while the HR people that I worked with were nice with good and quick follow up, don't expect much follow up from HR or the hiring manger after the interview, if you are not the perfect fit. In one sense Comcast Spotlight seems open to people with varied sales backgrounds, ages, and who are either men or women; but my sense after my interview for one job and a phone interview with an HR person in another state, is that unless someone is super experienced with lots of current contacts at agencies, a good looking woman in her late 20s to mid to late 30's is the profile they are seeking. The hiring manager with who I interviewed, said openly that most of his staff were women in their 30's and early 40's. The second HR person said to me regarding my experience, "this job is really for someone who is earlier in their career." None of this is unexpected but, all the other skills and experience that someone brings to the table, just seems unimportant.

Interview Question – HR was insistent that I answer what kind of salary and pay package I expected.   View Answer

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Traffic Coordinator
Bingham Farms, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview took an hour and was with several managers all asking different questions. It seemed a bit like a panel interview and felt a bit uncomfortable.

Interview Question – Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I received a call from someone in HR with an offer and they asked if I accepted or declined. I accepted.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Traffic Coordinator
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview Details – I was called for a first interview with two of the traffic managers. It was straight-forward- all situational and behavioral based questions. About a week after I was called for a second interview with the two managers from the first interview and their regional manager. From there (if they want to hire you) reference check (which they do!), background check and urine sample drug screen. Process took about 3-4 weeks- still haven't heard back.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were late for work/meeting- what did you do?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email the next day asking when I was available for an interview. Interview was conducted over the phone by a regional recruiter. Asked standard interview questions with a few experience questions mixed in. Interviewer also went over my resume with me asking questions along the way to try and understand how experience relates to the position. Overall very standard interview that lasted about 35 minutes.

Interview Question – What single project or task would you consider your most significant accomplishment in your career to date?   Answer Question

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Advertising Account Executive
Chattanooga, TN

Interviewed at Comcast Spotlight

Interview Details – You will receive a phone interview first. They are looking for outgoing go-getter personalities that can go out and close new business. After the phone interview is the face to face and you must give examples of your selling, closing, presentation and interpersonal skills. Prepare to give examples.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you had to deal with a difficult personality and how you overcame and closed them.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comcast Spotlight

Worked for Comcast Spotlight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast Spotlight interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comcast Spotlight employees and interview candidates.