Comcast Spotlight

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Comcast Spotlight in October 2014.

I submitted an online application and then was invited to a phone interview with the recruiter, Meagan. She called from east coast, so remember the time difference if you are in a non-EST time zone. Meagan was very nice and she asked me about my prior internship experience, especially my vendor experience. The phone interview last about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Salary. When asked about the expectation of salary, I provided a range but had no idea whether it's reasonable   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Excellent hiring process. Very clear about what the job would entail and the expectations for measuring success. Once I accepted, a recruiter guided me through the process of hiring, which was also excellent. However, know that this is your chance to state your intentions upfront -- if you want to get ahead here, start saying so in the interview, because at a large company it will take time, even if you're a super-star.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time when the data analysis you created made an impact on sales (or recruitment or some other measurement).   Answer Question

Local Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fall River, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Interview with HR. Then interview with hiring manager -- who kept me waiting fifteen minutes before the interview. He was brusque and rude. Told me he had people with twenty years experience and that I didn't match up to that even though I have the same.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years? Really? Does anyone ask this anymore?   Answer Question

Advertising Account Executive (Local Sales) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

Met employers at job fair during senior year of college. Initial interview at job fair, followed by phone interview followed by final in-person interview. 3 interviews total.

Digital Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast Spotlight in March 2014.

I applied online (referred through LinkedIn) and received a request to set up a phone interview with a recruiter about 4 days later. The phone interview was set up for about a week later.

Before the phone interview with the recruiter, I received a call from the hiring manager (at the location that would be hiring). I talked with her on the phone and answered the typical "interview" type questions. I was asked to come in for an in person interview in 2 weeks. They asked that I prepare a 5 minute presentation on any topic of my choice.

Following that call, I spoke with the recruiter who asked more standard/generic interview questions but was really nice, super encouraging and helpful in explaining more about the position. She also gave me some tips for the presentation.

I did the in-person interview and met with 4 people in the office. Did the presentation twice.

I was asked to come back in again to meet with a few more team members and to have a conference call with a remote team in a different state. From there I sent over my references.

They extended the offer the following day. The whole process took about 3 weeks from beginning to them making an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are 5 words your previous managers would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    Not much ability to negotiate.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comcast Spotlight in March 2014.

Got called from hiring manager THEN got call from human resources to fill application. Had phone interview with hiring manager, who said he was in the process of interviewing. It has now been THREE months and a) he has still not hired anyone and b) the human resource person does not know either. Then I was told they were revamping the department and they might start interviewing again. It's a waste of time. I should have billed them for my gasoline.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comcast Spotlight.

I was called for a first interview with two of the traffic managers. It was straight-forward- all situational and behavioral based questions. About a week after I was called for a second interview with the two managers from the first interview and their regional manager. From there (if they want to hire you) reference check (which they do!), background check and urine sample drug screen. Process took about 3-4 weeks- still haven't heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were late for work/meeting- what did you do?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Comcast Spotlight in February 2014.

Applied online, received an email the next day asking when I was available for an interview. Interview was conducted over the phone by a regional recruiter. Asked standard interview questions with a few experience questions mixed in. Interviewer also went over my resume with me asking questions along the way to try and understand how experience relates to the position. Overall very standard interview that lasted about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What single project or task would you consider your most significant accomplishment in your career to date?   Answer Question

Advertising Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

You will receive a phone interview first. They are looking for outgoing go-getter personalities that can go out and close new business. After the phone interview is the face to face and you must give examples of your selling, closing, presentation and interpersonal skills. Prepare to give examples.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to deal with a difficult personality and how you overcame and closed them.   Answer Question

Local Account Executive Interview

Meet with Managers and Director and discuss ability to cold call, which is a must in this position. Internet advertising is becoming more important, so you should know about banner advertising. Also, knwledge of sports is important

Interview Questions
    • Is your friends were in a room and you weren't there, what is something negative they might say about you?   View Answer