Comedy Central Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comedy Central in March 2013.

I was essentially hired by email before the interview even happened.

Production Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comedy Central in June 2012.

I had a connection who passed my resume onto a producer in February and was contacted for an interview in June. It was an unexpected interview done on the phone which took a bout half and hour and was pretty normal. They asked about my past experience, a time I had to overcome difficulties, my ability to multi-task, and general things like that. I heard back a little over a month later and my start date was a month after that.

Interview Questions
    The minimum that they require with fall internships is a 2 day commitment. I was given a little over a week to decide how many days a week I would intern. The overall internship is a 4 month period.

Digital Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comedy Central in April 2012.

1. submit resume 2. interview with your prospective boss 3. take home writing test 4. interview with bosses boss 5. if they like you, get offer 6. profit. If you click with the person who will be your boss and do well on the writing assessment, you'll get the job.

No negotiation possible.

Internship- Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Comedy Central in August 2010.

After sending my resume via the MTV Networks database, the interview started with HR emailing me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is very basic. They ask you about what you are interested in in school, and to tell them about some of the classes you are taking and how it interests you. After that, they will tell you 3 openings that are available in various departments. You choose one, and they will email you with the contact information of the manager of that department in order to set up an interview date. The interview can pretty much be anything since there are so many departments. For me, I interviewed at Comedy Central's Finance department so the interview was pretty formal. They really like knowing that you are taking relevant courses, and just ask you about what you do in school. It's pretty lax. Remember to write a thank you letter-- they like that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some of the classes you're taking now?   View Answer
    Yea, since it was an internship I got to chose what days I wanted to work during the week. Yes I would. THey treat you like a real employee. It just sucks you get no pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Comedy Central in July 2010.

You get a very general phone interview with someone from MTV Networks Human Resources, who then offers you three specific internships to apply for. After that you are interviewed by your would be supervisor over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • The Human resources questions were typical questions you should be prepared for. Like what are you interests, strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Programming Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Comedy Central in June 2009.

Submitted my resume through the MTV internship website. HR contacted me and I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The woman discussed with me what type of internship I was looking for. She then told me what channels within MTV were hiring and asked me to rank them based on my preference. She contacted me the next day giving me the contact information of my potential supervisor who I then contacted. I met a few days later with him and two other members of the programming department. After the interview with them I had to submit a writing sample and have a phone interview with the vp of programming.

Marketing Interview

Was brought in to NYC for a one hour interview with the team lead and HR. Interview went really well -- very nice folks. Was personally called by an executive a few weeks later to tell me they were going with another hire. Classy folks, though I did not get the job.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Comedy Central in March 2010.

I was contacted over the phone and asked to describe experiences listed on my resume. I was asked to explain why I thought that I would be a good candidate for the internship.