Comerica Credit Specialist Interview Questions

2.9

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email after three week to schedule a phone interview. After that three 1 on 1 in person interviews. Also had another phone interview with relationship manager. After a week, received a call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but no counteroffer

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX).

Interview

First interview was with HR consultant. The interview was straight forth with basic questions. Second was at actual worksite with hiring manager. Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me a time when__? We also discussed previous work experience. You will be asked to bring your transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions

• There were scenario questions. "Tell me a time when ___ ?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did express concerns over the low pay rate and informed the interviewer of my previous work experience and my current educational status. I was turned down immediately and no effort to negotiate was acknowledged.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comerica (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee and applied online. Received a phone call from the office's manager and was asked mostly about my resume and why Comerica. Was brought into the office to meet with the manager and other employees. Very unstructured. Mostly just went over my resume and transcript again. The manager also tried to gauge what I knew about commercial lending. I was asked to submit a writing sample. Supposed to have a phone call with HR, but the rep missed two scheduled appointments. Was eventually told an offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• If I look at your transcript, what am I going to find?
      Can you submit a writing sample?
      What do you know about credit analysis and commercial lending?

1 Answer

I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

Interview

Phone interview follow by 1 on 1 interview with three different individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comerica (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Initial call was Phone Interview with HR. They go over your resume, experience, college courses (accounting), etc. I was asked about the basic accounting equation (A = L + C) and then some more basic accounting questions.

If you pass, they will schedule an Interview date.

I had one interview with 3 different individuals in the organization. Back to Back to Back.

Then I was called back and I was told I did well and offer me a job offer.

Background check was rigorous and took 2 weeks. A third party does the background check, which includes a drug test. The job offer is contingent on your passing the background check

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable. In line with what HR tells you in the phone interviews.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Comerica (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The initial phone interview was the typical pre-screening phone interview. The 1:1 face to face interview was a bit more in depth. They really inquired about your accounting knowledge by asking questions about the basic accounting principles. Although I did not receive an offer, it took quite some time after a few follow-up phone calls to get a response.

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comerica.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, and 1 in-person interview. Don't take phone interview for granted, very thorough for 25 min time slot by HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. HR asked approximately 15 questions, so have to be very quick in answering. In person interview, was two one-on-one sessions and 1 panel of (4 people). Very intense, yet professional interview session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your self -- 1st question   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, but company prefers to promote within which is a plus!

Credit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Comerica in September 2011.

Interview

Simple first interview. Second interview was different. The questions were not what I was used to being asked and it didn't seem like they were well prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.