Comerica

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comerica.

Interview Details – First interview was with HR consultant. The interview was straight forth with basic questions. Second was at actual worksite with hiring manager. Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me a time when__? We also discussed previous work experience. You will be asked to bring your transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Question – There were scenario questions. "Tell me a time when ___ ?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did express concerns over the low pay rate and informed the interviewer of my previous work experience and my current educational status. I was turned down immediately and no effort to negotiate was acknowledged.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred by a current employee and applied online. Received a phone call from the office's manager and was asked mostly about my resume and why Comerica. Was brought into the office to meet with the manager and other employees. Very unstructured. Mostly just went over my resume and transcript again. The manager also tried to gauge what I knew about commercial lending. I was asked to submit a writing sample. Supposed to have a phone call with HR, but the rep missed two scheduled appointments. Was eventually told an offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Question – If I look at your transcript, what am I going to find?
Can you submit a writing sample?
What do you know about credit analysis and commercial lending?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me.

Credit Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comerica.

Interview Details – Phone interview follow by 1 on 1 interview with three different individuals.

Interview Question – What is most important to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comerica in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call was Phone Interview with HR. They go over your resume, experience, college courses (accounting), etc. I was asked about the basic accounting equation (A = L + C) and then some more basic accounting questions.

If you pass, they will schedule an Interview date.

I had one interview with 3 different individuals in the organization. Back to Back to Back.

Then I was called back and I was told I did well and offer me a job offer.

Background check was rigorous and took 2 weeks. A third party does the background check, which includes a drug test. The job offer is contingent on your passing the background check

Interview Question – What was your favorite class and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. In line with what HR tells you in the phone interviews.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in February 2012.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was the typical pre-screening phone interview. The 1:1 face to face interview was a bit more in depth. They really inquired about your accounting knowledge by asking questions about the basic accounting principles. Although I did not receive an offer, it took quite some time after a few follow-up phone calls to get a response.

Interview Questions

Credit Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Comerica.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interviews, and 1 in-person interview. Don't take phone interview for granted, very thorough for 25 min time slot by HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. HR asked approximately 15 questions, so have to be very quick in answering. In person interview, was two one-on-one sessions and 1 panel of (4 people). Very intense, yet professional interview session.

Interview Question – Tell me a little about your self -- 1st question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, but company prefers to promote within which is a plus!

Credit Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Comerica in September 2011.

Interview Details – Simple first interview. Second interview was different. The questions were not what I was used to being asked and it didn't seem like they were well prepared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!