Comerica Credit Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Comerica.

Applied online. Received an email after three week to schedule a phone interview. After that three 1 on 1 in person interviews. Also had another phone interview with relationship manager. After a week, received a call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
Tried to negotiate but no counteroffer

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comerica.

First interview was with HR consultant. The interview was straight forth with basic questions. Second was at actual worksite with hiring manager. Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me a time when__? We also discussed previous work experience. You will be asked to bring your transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were scenario questions. "Tell me a time when ___ ?"   Answer Question
    I did express concerns over the low pay rate and informed the interviewer of my previous work experience and my current educational status. I was turned down immediately and no effort to negotiate was acknowledged.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in April 2013.

Was referred by a current employee and applied online. Received a phone call from the office's manager and was asked mostly about my resume and why Comerica. Was brought into the office to meet with the manager and other employees. Very unstructured. Mostly just went over my resume and transcript again. The manager also tried to gauge what I knew about commercial lending. I was asked to submit a writing sample. Supposed to have a phone call with HR, but the rep missed two scheduled appointments. Was eventually told an offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Questions
    • If I look at your transcript, what am I going to find?
      Can you submit a writing sample?
      What do you know about credit analysis and commercial lending?
        View Answer

I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me.

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comerica.

Phone interview follow by 1 on 1 interview with three different individuals.

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Comerica in July 2012.

Initial call was Phone Interview with HR. They go over your resume, experience, college courses (accounting), etc. I was asked about the basic accounting equation (A = L + C) and then some more basic accounting questions.

If you pass, they will schedule an Interview date.

I had one interview with 3 different individuals in the organization. Back to Back to Back.

Then I was called back and I was told I did well and offer me a job offer.

Background check was rigorous and took 2 weeks. A third party does the background check, which includes a drug test. The job offer is contingent on your passing the background check

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable. In line with what HR tells you in the phone interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in February 2012.

The initial phone interview was the typical pre-screening phone interview. The 1:1 face to face interview was a bit more in depth. They really inquired about your accounting knowledge by asking questions about the basic accounting principles. Although I did not receive an offer, it took quite some time after a few follow-up phone calls to get a response.

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Comerica.

I had 2 phone interviews, and 1 in-person interview. Don't take phone interview for granted, very thorough for 25 min time slot by HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. HR asked approximately 15 questions, so have to be very quick in answering. In person interview, was two one-on-one sessions and 1 panel of (4 people). Very intense, yet professional interview session.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about your self -- 1st question   View Answer
    no negotiation, but company prefers to promote within which is a plus!

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Comerica in September 2011.

Simple first interview. Second interview was different. The questions were not what I was used to being asked and it didn't seem like they were well prepared.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!