Comerica

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

It took about 2 months to hear from a recruiter. Afterwards had interview with branch manager(s). Only had to do one interview and received and offer letter 2 weeks later. Very easy interview but lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer and what were the results.

What sales experience do you have?

Answer Question
    I told them what I was looking for and they came back with an offer.

Backoffice Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comerica in December 2014.

Brought me into workplace, met with hiring manager. Talked to her for 90 minutes. Good chemistry. She didn't give me a business card, which is an odd new trend that I suppose protects the hiring manager from harassment but is kind of silly. Had a second interview with her boss out in California. Stone cold woman. Haven't heard from Comerica since. Not even the Go Away and Die email telling me I didn't get the job. Nothing in over a month.

Interview Questions
    • "What would your colleagues say is your biggest weakness?" How am I supposed to know? Why do hiring managers ask such stupid questions. I had no trouble answering that about my former manager, because I figure he would have some.   Answer Question

Credit Underwriting Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

The VP emailed to schedule a phone interview two weeks after my application. The phone interview was easy: introduce yourself, what accounting courses have you taken before, why are you interested in this position.

Csr1 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

recruiter/her will call you and ask a few basic questions about your capability. If they see you fot youw ill get a call fro the branch manager and they will set a date for an interview. If you make it through that you will get an offer on the phone which you must accept, then you will have to go through drug test and background check at a facility.

Interview Questions
    little negotiation. some is based on your experience.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

The process took 3 weeks. I was called by the department manager for an interview. There wasn't no set of questions he just wanted to know about my previous work experiences. He was overly joyful about my Microsoft Office skills. He showed me around and introduced me to his boss. He told me that I should know something in a few days. I ended up reaching back out to him to find out that another candidate was selected.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

First, they call you and tell you briefly about the position and set up an interview with the branch manager and asst branch manager. I went to interview at the branch... Very nice people. Next they wanted to set up interview with their district manager.

Interview Questions
    • All very general interview questions you have been asked before... They read off a sheet of paper ...
      Describe a time you had a difficult customer
      Describe a time you dealt with teamwork

Answer Question

Location of bank. Far away from my home and couldn't figure out why they placed a bank in such an inaccessible place.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Very easy process. Apply online. Interview was in the same week. Very specific questions, but mostly common sense. The interview was conducted in a very professional manor. The manager made me feel very comfortable. I was very welcomed, and felt at easy.

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

Applied online. Received an email after three week to schedule a phone interview. After that three 1 on 1 in person interviews. Also had another phone interview with relationship manager. After a week, received a call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate but no counteroffer

Na Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Comerica.

I was referred by a friend and it was a nice easy process, I liked the people immediately. It went quickly and smoothly, they have a good onboarding process.

na

Personal Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

This was a 3 interview process. I first applied online then received an email back from HR that it had been received. I heard back after almost two weeks from an HR consultant and scheduled a phone interview for that week. I spoke with the HR rep for about 30 minutes, then the banking center manager called me about two hours later on the same day to chat. Scheduled an in person meeting with the BC Manager and ABCM. It lasted about 1.5 hours. I scheduled an interview with the District Manager for the next day. Spoke with the DM for about 30 minutes and was advised I should hear back within a week on the decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult coworker
      Role play - Scenario where customer came in to open checking account with $10,000 also with $75,000 to put into a savings, and money in a 401k with another company. "customer" asked about direct deposit, Foreign ATM fees, check card, checks and was interested in Web Bill pay.

View Answer