Comerica Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.7

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica.

Interview

They wanted to know about previous sales goals from current jobs. They wanted to know if you have any cash handling skills. They wanted to know if you have a problem with meeting your sales goals. They basely read from a script provided by human resources. They wanted to know if you are a posed to opening a teller window when the lines become long.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Comerica in June 2015.

Interview

They asked about previous sales goal and best practices. I answered all questions , and they tried to set up a second interview however because of medical reasons I was unable to travel that week. They never called me back and they still have that position posted and others in that job family. It's been two months and they have yet to return my phone calls or emails. I feel discriminated at this point. Especially since I exceed the qualifications they ask for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to discipline an employee and how you turned it into a positive experience?   Answer Question

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Comerica (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy. Greeted at the bank branch with a friendly smile by employees as I walked through the bank doors. The interviewers were excited and upbeat about the company. It got me excited about the possibilities with Comerica. Had a interview with a Branch Manager who walked me through the branch explaining the daily routine.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of Comerica Bank.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Richardson, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was ushered to the back conference room by the two managers, and we sat down and started talking. Before we sat down they introduced themselves and we got acquainted. They were very friendly and made the butterflies in my stomach calm down almost immediately. They didn't treat me like i was beneath them. They were very personable and i was very impressed by their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why i chose Comerica as a place i wanted to apply at.   1 Answer

Senior Investment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview was with six team members in a rather unstructured Q & A session. Interview did not appear to be a well organized and seemed to jump from topic to topic based on who was asking the question. It was difficult interacting with so many people at once and therefore much of my eye contact and interpersonal focus was with the two senior team members who will ultimately make the hiring decision. The interview lasted two hours and the best part was at the end when I was able to talk one-on-one with the senior team member who conducted the preliminary phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to join the bank given your own RIA practice?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a supervisor. It was very relaxed and informative. I was given a break down of a typical day of work for a customer service representative. I was made aware of the great benefit package and all of the team building activities done in the office. I was then told I would be meeting with the supervisor's boss. After briefly meeting with her I was told I should hear back in regards to the outcome of the interview within 2 weeks either way. I was contacted the next day and offered the positon.

Technical Professional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Auburn Hills, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on the Comerica Bank website after talking with the people that they had at the career fair. Had a short phone interview with someone from HR, which mostly consisted of questions about school projects and previous experience. After, I was invited to a hiring event at their campus. Hiring event was ran very well, and there was a group of us there for the interviews. It began with us introducing our selves, and then an introduction of the people conducting the interviews. After, there was information provided about the company and the position. After that, there were three 1:1 interviews with different people in management team. Interviews were entirely behavioral questions, and then there was a little extra time to ask questions to the interviewer. The interviewers had the questions on a sheet of paper, and all the interviewers asked different questions, but all applicants received the same set of questions. The interviewers were all very friendly, and enthusiastic when talking about their own careers at Comerica. Questions asked were fair and not anything unexpected. A couple of weeks later, was offered the job. They conduct a background check, drug test, and fingerprinting, which is pretty standard for banks. Offer was competitive with other similar entry-level positions.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Comerica (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I met comerica at the career fair and applied through the university career center. The whole process took about 7 days. During the interview they ask 50 percent behavioral questions and 50 percent technical questions. They want to know how good you are with the financial statements and of you can analyze them and knowing which statements affect if you are borrowing or lending money!

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Comerica (Livonia, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 3 phone interview with the hiring manager and 2 face to face panel style interview with HR, hiring manager and 2 team members. I guess HR did not like my name, because they rejected my application 3 times even though the hiring manager wanted to bring me in for face to face interview. They did not even have courtesy to notify me that I was not selected for the position after 5 round of interviews. I found out when I checked status of my application on Comerica career website.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Comerica (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

The process began with a setting up a time to have a phone interview. After completing the phone interview, I was contacted again to schedule an in-office interview. There were four rounds of interviews, which lasted about an hour each. The interviewers were all involved with the Internal Audit Department, and they all were of different positions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interviewing for a position in Internal Audit?   Answer Question