Comerica Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Investment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Comerica in March 2015.

Group interview was with six team members in a rather unstructured Q & A session. Interview did not appear to be a well organized and seemed to jump from topic to topic based on who was asking the question. It was difficult interacting with so many people at once and therefore much of my eye contact and interpersonal focus was with the two senior team members who will ultimately make the hiring decision. The interview lasted two hours and the best part was at the end when I was able to talk one-on-one with the senior team member who conducted the preliminary phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you want to join the bank given your own RIA practice?   View Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Comerica in March 2015.

I met comerica at the career fair and applied through the university career center. The whole process took about 7 days. During the interview they ask 50 percent behavioral questions and 50 percent technical questions. They want to know how good you are with the financial statements and of you can analyze them and knowing which statements affect if you are borrowing or lending money!

Customer Service Representative I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

It took about 2 months to hear from a recruiter. Afterwards had interview with branch manager(s). Only had to do one interview and received and offer letter 2 weeks later. Very easy interview but lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation with a customer and what were the results.

What sales experience do you have?

Answer Question
    I told them what I was looking for and they came back with an offer.

Backoffice Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comerica in December 2014.

Brought me into workplace, met with hiring manager. Talked to her for 90 minutes. Good chemistry. She didn't give me a business card, which is an odd new trend that I suppose protects the hiring manager from harassment but is kind of silly. Had a second interview with her boss out in California. Stone cold woman. Haven't heard from Comerica since. Not even the Go Away and Die email telling me I didn't get the job. Nothing in over a month.

Interview Questions
    • "What would your colleagues say is your biggest weakness?" How am I supposed to know? Why do hiring managers ask such stupid questions. I had no trouble answering that about my former manager, because I figure he would have some.   Answer Question

Credit Underwriting Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

The VP emailed to schedule a phone interview two weeks after my application. The phone interview was easy: introduce yourself, what accounting courses have you taken before, why are you interested in this position.

Csr1 Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

recruiter/her will call you and ask a few basic questions about your capability. If they see you fot youw ill get a call fro the branch manager and they will set a date for an interview. If you make it through that you will get an offer on the phone which you must accept, then you will have to go through drug test and background check at a facility.

Interview Questions
    little negotiation. some is based on your experience.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

The process took 3 weeks. I was called by the department manager for an interview. There wasn't no set of questions he just wanted to know about my previous work experiences. He was overly joyful about my Microsoft Office skills. He showed me around and introduced me to his boss. He told me that I should know something in a few days. I ended up reaching back out to him to find out that another candidate was selected.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

First, they call you and tell you briefly about the position and set up an interview with the branch manager and asst branch manager. I went to interview at the branch... Very nice people. Next they wanted to set up interview with their district manager.

Interview Questions
    • All very general interview questions you have been asked before... They read off a sheet of paper ...
      Describe a time you had a difficult customer
      Describe a time you dealt with teamwork

Answer Question

Location of bank. Far away from my home and couldn't figure out why they placed a bank in such an inaccessible place.

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Very easy process. Apply online. Interview was in the same week. Very specific questions, but mostly common sense. The interview was conducted in a very professional manor. The manager made me feel very comfortable. I was very welcomed, and felt at easy.

Credit Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

Applied online. Received an email after three week to schedule a phone interview. After that three 1 on 1 in person interviews. Also had another phone interview with relationship manager. After a week, received a call from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    Tried to negotiate but no counteroffer