Comerica

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Comerica.

Phone interview with basic questions. Next an interview with the regional and district managers. Very sales driven, so a role play during the interview is standard. Showing enthusiasm and having a confident attitude will really go far during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all. Mostly behavior based questions. Study the STAR format.   Answer Question
    Very nice offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Comerica.

First met Comerica at my school's career fair. Got called later that week for an on-campus interview. The individual was in his mid-to-late 20's and was super laid back. He had to ask the "protocol" questions and liked me. The second interview was in their Long Beach office. Multiple candidates were called in that day and we had a quick info session about what the credit analyst position was about. All candidates rotated between 3 people. Behavioral questions were asked by one person; another asked about accounting questions/scenarios; last asked about my experience and personal questions. The environment there was unique. Large floor, but really quiet. As a 22 yr-old, I (personally) wouldn't feel motivated there. It had this dead feeling with huge generation gaps. I guess that's how the corporate banking world is? Not that Comerica is even that big of a bank. The part that told me Comerica wouldn't have been the place for me was when HR (in San Jose) told me I would be informed in several weeks. About a month and a half went by without word. I finally reached back and they called me the next day and informed me I wouldn't go through. The closure was there, but I then realized that for a corporation to drop the ball on simple but important stuff like that was probably not what I was looking for.

Interview Questions
    • The person asking accounting questions. I saw a prior Glassdoor comment about being asked accounting questions and it's true. The position states they want any business major, but this is heavy on accounting (with finance being a must obviously). Don't remember the details, but I remember being asked something like this: if company XYZ does blah-blah for a business and we are to provide them a loan, what are some things we would be concerned about if they bankrupt? Regarding accounting, if we make a change on blah-blah part of the balance sheet, how does that affect the income statement and P&L?

Basically, it was more about accounting than finance and the risk associated on the bank's behalf. I thought it was deceiving for the post to encourage all business majors to apply when you need to have a decent background in accounting. Anyone with no experience in finance or accounting would obviously have a more difficult time versus someone who did.

Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

Two step process. First a phone screening then in a office interview. Fairly laid back with mostly behavioral type questions and basic accounting principals.

No negotiation.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

This process took about three weeks. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, very simple questions. They will forward the information to the ABCM and BCM if they liked you. Next process would be an in person interview with the ABCM or BCM of the branch you applied to. If they liked you, they will forward your application to the DM. The interview with the DM is a little more complex and more time consuming. If they like you the process will end here. If they are still uncertain, you may even have a fourth interview with the Regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember most of the questions, but be prepaired. Some of the questions are pretty difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

First interview was with HR consultant. The interview was straight forth with basic questions. Second was at actual worksite with hiring manager. Why do you want to work for our company? Tell me a time when__? We also discussed previous work experience. You will be asked to bring your transcripts to the first interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were scenario questions. "Tell me a time when ___ ?"   Answer Question
    I did express concerns over the low pay rate and informed the interviewer of my previous work experience and my current educational status. I was turned down immediately and no effort to negotiate was acknowledged.

Internal Auditor Interview

Seemed like nice people. Didn't have the decency to notify upon not receiving the job

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in October 2013.

I applied to multiple branches. I was initially contacted by an HR rep to set up a phone interview. I'm guessing I passed that because afterwards I received calls from different branches. One branch just asked me to come in for an in-person interview. The other branch called me and asked if I had time to talk and began to interview me on the spot. I was then asked to come in for a branch interview. Both interviews were about 45 mins long.

I received an offer for both positions but accepted a job elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are read from a paper. Some questions were...Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time a crisis or panic was caused in the workplace and what you did and how you overcame it? How do you deal with difficult customers/co-workers? What do you know about Comerica? Be prepared to talk about your sales experience and past experience(why you left). It is an easy interview   Answer Question

I had supervisor experience and wanted something more fitting for my skills. Another opportunity became available so I took that instead.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in September 2013.

Was very well organized with a lot of relevant discussion.

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

Initial phone interview with one or two technical questions about the balance sheet. For the next round I was flown to Houston to meet with the team and go through some more interviews.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in August 2013.

i was actually contacted by a talent scout for the company and advised to apply immediately. i was called back about three days later and had a panel interview. it went very well!! although there were three people only one lead the interview. they all seemed very laid back and not over stressed. (never trust people that take their job to seriously).lol

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, i have pretty much heard them all.   Answer Question
    i just found out i could negotiate but i am truly thankful just to have a job.