Comerica

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor

Interviewed at Comerica

Interview Details – Seemed like nice people. Didn't have the decency to notify upon not receiving the job

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Teller/Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to multiple branches. I was initially contacted by an HR rep to set up a phone interview. I'm guessing I passed that because afterwards I received calls from different branches. One branch just asked me to come in for an in-person interview. The other branch called me and asked if I had time to talk and began to interview me on the spot. I was then asked to come in for a branch interview. Both interviews were about 45 mins long.

I received an offer for both positions but accepted a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – Questions are read from a paper. Some questions were...Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time a crisis or panic was caused in the workplace and what you did and how you overcame it? How do you deal with difficult customers/co-workers? What do you know about Comerica? Be prepared to talk about your sales experience and past experience(why you left). It is an easy interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had supervisor experience and wanted something more fitting for my skills. Another opportunity became available so I took that instead.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Comerica in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process is very rigorous to say the least. I had many phone interviews prior to being invited to the office. The process lastest several months before an offer was made. HR seems to slow the process down substantially and after working at the company I can also attest to that.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions that I was not prepared for. This was a specific role within the bank that I applied for and my background and experience aligned with the credentials that were being sought after.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Customer Service Representative II
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in August 2013.

Interview Details – i was actually contacted by a talent scout for the company and advised to apply immediately. i was called back about three days later and had a panel interview. it went very well!! although there were three people only one lead the interview. they all seemed very laid back and not over stressed. (never trust people that take their job to seriously).lol

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions, i have pretty much heard them all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i just found out i could negotiate but i am truly thankful just to have a job.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Comerica in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, unsolicited, and invited to have a phone interview within one day. I did have that interview the next day and went through both my experiences and my approaches, tying them specifically to their environment. I was offered a contract-to-hire position the following day. I was told I would have a 4-month probationary period which actually turned out to be 6 months before I was offered a full-time position with Comerica.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a fixed salary through the contracting agency but later submitted an offer to Comerica which was subsequently negotiated.

Teller/Customer Service Representative Interview

Teller/Customer Service Representative
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Comerica in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and within one week I received a phone from the HR recruiter whose pre-screened me on my experience in cash-handling and cross selling. The next day the asst branch manager of the location called me in for an interview. Then had a second interview with the branch manager (about 45 mins long)

Interview Question – Salary Requirements and explain a time when companies operations wasn't functioning properly how did you handle the customers? (something similar can't remember word for word)   View Answer

Credit Specialist Interview

Credit Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was referred by a current employee and applied online. Received a phone call from the office's manager and was asked mostly about my resume and why Comerica. Was brought into the office to meet with the manager and other employees. Very unstructured. Mostly just went over my resume and transcript again. The manager also tried to gauge what I knew about commercial lending. I was asked to submit a writing sample. Supposed to have a phone call with HR, but the rep missed two scheduled appointments. Was eventually told an offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Question – If I look at your transcript, what am I going to find?
Can you submit a writing sample?
What do you know about credit analysis and commercial lending?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel that it was a good fit for me.

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comerica.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with one or two technical questions about the balance sheet. For the next round I was flown to Houston to meet with the team and go through some more interviews.

Interview Question – What do you know about the credit process   Answer Question

Commercial Loan Officer Interview

Commercial Loan Officer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Comerica in January 2012.

Interview Details – Formal interview process; round robin interviews

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions; usual stuff. What kind of loans do you generate, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate since this is a very formal authority structure. Perhaps, I was just not a good negotiator

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Comerica

Interview Details – phone interview about your past experience with talent recruiter. Then met with branch supervisor who ask you to tell a little about yourself and why you think you would be a good match with the company. Ask what your goals and interest are in the banking sector and where you see yourself in the next five years.

Interview Question – What do you do with your down time at work?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comerica