Comerica Personal Banker Interview Questions

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Comerica.

First, they call you and tell you briefly about the position and set up an interview with the branch manager and asst branch manager. I went to interview at the branch... Very nice people. Next they wanted to set up interview with their district manager.

Interview Questions
  • All very general interview questions you have been asked before... They read off a sheet of paper ...
    Describe a time you had a difficult customer
    Describe a time you dealt with teamwork
      Answer Question

Location of bank. Far away from my home and couldn't figure out why they placed a bank in such an inaccessible place.

Other Interview Reviews for Comerica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica.

This process took about three weeks. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, very simple questions. They will forward the information to the ABCM and BCM if they liked you. Next process would be an in person interview with the ABCM or BCM of the branch you applied to. If they liked you, they will forward your application to the DM. The interview with the DM is a little more complex and more time consuming. If they like you the process will end here. If they are still uncertain, you may even have a fourth interview with the Regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember most of the questions, but be prepaired. Some of the questions are pretty difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in November 2012.

I submitted an online application and a brief assessment. Regional Manager called me 10 days later and set up an interview the next day. After an interview with a Regional Manager and a Branch Manager together, I interviewed 2 more times with a different RM, DM and Branch Manager in the following weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No sales role play was required. This is always the most challenging and awkward part of the interview for personal banker positions. All other questions were general Q&A you can find by googling interview questions.   View Answer
    HR called and offered salary more than expected and researched, so the position was accepted with no negotiation. G

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in June 2012.

phone interview from hr rcruiter
    passed and scheduled 1 on 1 interview for branch manager
    met bm and interview lasted for 2 hrs due to alot of icebreaking.
    bm told me i would be informed about status of job.
    called a week later and bm said he was not done interviewing candidates.
    called another week later and said job was still open and no decisions were made.
    another week passes with no response, so i call again and bm says same thing, no one was selected for the position and hr recruiter would contact me.
    i called the same hr recruiter to check the status and she informed me the same bm i spoke to within an hour had already selected a candidate..no particular reason why, just straight forward and she would keep my resume on file for future openings.....will not bank with or refer anyone to comerica after disloyalty, being lied to..
    for comerica bank acquiring sterling bank with tons of jobs open, they are in no rush to hire people...same jobs on their site exist now from april and this is august!! the bm went on to tell me during the interview, many people from sterling bank chose not to transition over to comerica, which should have been m first red flag not to consider the job. i also think that my past experience overqualified me, being a manager and being paid 60k+ and downgrading to a 32k salary in an entry level position :/

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in February 2011.

Easy process. First an interview with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager which takes about an hour or more. They ask a ton of questions like why should be choice you over others and tell us about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle. A lot of personality questions which you can google and prepare for. They also ask a lot of questions about sales skills and what you bring to the table. After this interview you have a one and one with a regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a team member was not putting enough effort into their sales and causing the team as a whole to not meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Too far to drive and the pay is a lot less then I thought

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Comerica in June 2010.

Start off by asking your background information. Basically questioning you about your past experience and how it affect the way your are today. In addition they ask you what do you know about the company. Prior job experience and future goals and plans. Theposition I interview for you did not match the descriptions the human resources recruiter describe.

Interview Questions
    • What past work experiences that prepare you for this career?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Comerica in January 2010.

Process was basic questions about qualifications. And what you could do for them.

Interview Questions
    • How would be at motivated the tellers to help you sell products?   View Answer