Comerica

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comerica.

Interview Details – This process took about three weeks. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, very simple questions. They will forward the information to the ABCM and BCM if they liked you. Next process would be an in person interview with the ABCM or BCM of the branch you applied to. If they liked you, they will forward your application to the DM. The interview with the DM is a little more complex and more time consuming. If they like you the process will end here. If they are still uncertain, you may even have a fourth interview with the Regional manager.

Interview Question – I don't remember most of the questions, but be prepaired. Some of the questions are pretty difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in November 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and a brief assessment. Regional Manager called me 10 days later and set up an interview the next day. After an interview with a Regional Manager and a Branch Manager together, I interviewed 2 more times with a different RM, DM and Branch Manager in the following weeks.

Interview Question – No sales role play was required. This is always the most challenging and awkward part of the interview for personal banker positions. All other questions were general Q&A you can find by googling interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR called and offered salary more than expected and researched, so the position was accepted with no negotiation. G

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in June 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview from hr rcruiter
passed and scheduled 1 on 1 interview for branch manager
met bm and interview lasted for 2 hrs due to alot of icebreaking.
bm told me i would be informed about status of job.
called a week later and bm said he was not done interviewing candidates.
called another week later and said job was still open and no decisions were made.
another week passes with no response, so i call again and bm says same thing, no one was selected for the position and hr recruiter would contact me.
i called the same hr recruiter to check the status and she informed me the same bm i spoke to within an hour had already selected a candidate..no particular reason why, just straight forward and she would keep my resume on file for future openings.....will not bank with or refer anyone to comerica after disloyalty, being lied to..
for comerica bank acquiring sterling bank with tons of jobs open, they are in no rush to hire people...same jobs on their site exist now from april and this is august!! the bm went on to tell me during the interview, many people from sterling bank chose not to transition over to comerica, which should have been m first red flag not to consider the job. i also think that my past experience overqualified me, being a manager and being paid 60k+ and downgrading to a 32k salary in an entry level position :/

Ann Arbor, MI

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in February 2011.

Interview Details – Easy process. First an interview with the branch manager and the assistant branch manager which takes about an hour or more. They ask a ton of questions like why should be choice you over others and tell us about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle. A lot of personality questions which you can google and prepare for. They also ask a lot of questions about sales skills and what you bring to the table. After this interview you have a one and one with a regional manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if a team member was not putting enough effort into their sales and causing the team as a whole to not meet their sales goals?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too far to drive and the pay is a lot less then I thought

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Comerica in June 2010.

Interview Details – Start off by asking your background information. Basically questioning you about your past experience and how it affect the way your are today. In addition they ask you what do you know about the company. Prior job experience and future goals and plans. Theposition I interview for you did not match the descriptions the human resources recruiter describe.

Interview Question – What past work experiences that prepare you for this career?   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Comerica in January 2010.

Interview Details – Process was basic questions about qualifications. And what you could do for them.

Interview Question – How would be at motivated the tellers to help you sell products?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Comerica

Worked for Comerica? Contribute to the Community!

Comerica – Why Work for Us?

​​Why Comerica Bank?​​ Extraordinary people. Exciting possibilities. Your success is what's next with Comerica. In the highly competitive world of financial services, there's one thing that sets a company apart-its… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comerica Personal Banker interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Comerica employees and interview candidates.