CommScope

Relevance Date Difficulty

Firmware Software Engineer Interview

Firmware Software Engineer
Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CommScope in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from HR
Then scheduled a phone interview with the Technical Manager

Interview was good.
Asked about my projects and work experience
Asked few basic questions in c and c++

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

RF/Electrical Engineer Interview

RF/Electrical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CommScope.

Interview Details – When I applied for the position I got a request for Telephonic Interview the very next day( I think they needed an employee immediately). The telephonic interview had three rounds taken by different persons. Questions were easy but tested your knowledge (If you did not have a work exp you will be trying hard to answer that). I was interviewing for Spectrum Management and Microwave group. Basic questions like
1. dB and dBm diffrence
2. Working with a oscilloscpe
3. Some microwave design questions (Work ex helped)
4. How industry functions in spectrum management domain
5. Which frequencies are generally used for a different type of Microwave Links ( for Eg. 11 GHz frequency is not used for very long path because of fading)
6. Fresnal Zone blockage issues
7. What is Link availability.
 Interview revolved around these questions.

I got a call after 2 days that I cleared the telephonic Interview and was invited for a on-site interview.

On-site interview was more knowing me whether testing technical knowledge. About what all softwares I know pertaining to the job and how much I know what the group does (white papers on the website of the company helps). The technical questions were the kind of same from the telephonic interview but this time more detailed ( they needed detailed explanations, I you know the answers to above questions you would have no difficulty in going into details)

After a week I got a call that I cleared the interview.

Interview Question – Fresnal Zone blockage issues   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Anonymous Interview

Lake Norman of Catawba, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CommScope in December 2010.

Interview Details – Go through Manpower to get hired

Interview Question – Would you join a union   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Until the Union starts

Tool and Die Maker Interview

Tool and Die Maker
Joliet, IL

I applied in-person and interviewed at CommScope.

Interview Details – good

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Catawba, NC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CommScope in September 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication by phone involved HR contractors rather than HR employees, but they were helpful, discrete, & courteous. This was followed by a phone interview which involved several folks. Again, they were easy to work with and very accommodating. This was followed with an on-site interview. They were very flexible & allowed me to drive rather than fly so I could see the area. The interview was all day & involved several people, in person & by video conference. It was a long day, but that is why I was there & I appreciated them taking the time to thoughtfully consider me as well as give me an opportunity to evaluate CommScope. Overall, an excellent interview experience afforded by a professional HR staff & sincere interviewers.

Interview Question – What is the process by which you would accept and issue payment for a contracted assembly machine build.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I declined the 1st offer & was able to negotiate a slightly different offer. They were very accommodating to my hesitation in making a decision.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CommScope.

Interview Details – Screening done by a 3rd party reviewer against criteria set by the hiring manager and hr. Once past that screen it's typically a phone interview with the hiring manager then on to a face to face interview on site. That can be one on one or group setting..

Interview Question – Not many unexpected questions. Most are very straight forward asking how you would deal with difficult circumstances or balky customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much wiggle room on salary but the potential yrly bonus was substantial and has been paid out for the last two yrs.

IT Interview

IT
Joliet, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CommScope in February 2009.

Interview Details – General background/ past work experience questions

Negotiation Details – None

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Joliet, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CommScope in June 2011.

Interview Details – Initially, I was contacted by what I believe was a recruiter for the company. He asked me a lot of questions over the phone about my experience, education, and skills. A few weeks later I was contacted to set up an interview. I set up the interview, and proceeded to interview with 3 people. Considering the interview took about 2 hours, I thought it was a little overwhelming. They asked pretty standarad questions, and there were a lot of repeat questions asked.

Interview Question – What would your past manager say about you if I were to contact he or she to talk about you?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CommScope in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview 30 min, face to face interview, 3 additional phone interview (about 45 min each). Then discussion about package through head hunter.

Interview Question – It was surprising for them why I want change my current employer. And make them believe that I will do that.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Entry Level Engineer

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CommScope in April 2012.

Interview Details – Ok hiring process. required 4+ phone interviews with different level executives, which was strange. Interviewers did not seem fully prepared or asked very generic questions.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CommScope interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by CommScope employees and interview candidates.