CommScope Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.8

Sales Director Italy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommScope (Milan (Italy)) in March 2009.

Interview

the interview has been a success and I was valued very positevely
    then without any explanation I was sent an envelope saying they are not going to proceed.
    I didnt get any feedback of any type that is very frustrating

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CommScope in May 2009.

Interview

Great HR staff to work with. well organized and timely on interview. Intervbiewers we well preperaed before hand on behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CommScope.

Interview

When I applied for the position I got a request for Telephonic Interview the very next day( I think they needed an employee immediately). The telephonic interview had three rounds taken by different persons. Questions were easy but tested your knowledge (If you did not have a work exp you will be trying hard to answer that). I was interviewing for Spectrum Management and Microwave group. Basic questions like
    1. dB and dBm diffrence
    2. Working with a oscilloscpe
    3. Some microwave design questions (Work ex helped)
    4. How industry functions in spectrum management domain
    5. Which frequencies are generally used for a different type of Microwave Links ( for Eg. 11 GHz frequency is not used for very long path because of fading)
    6. Fresnal Zone blockage issues
    7. What is Link availability.
     Interview revolved around these questions.

I got a call after 2 days that I cleared the telephonic Interview and was invited for a on-site interview.

On-site interview was more knowing me whether testing technical knowledge. About what all softwares I know pertaining to the job and how much I know what the group does (white papers on the website of the company helps). The technical questions were the kind of same from the telephonic interview but this time more detailed ( they needed detailed explanations, I you know the answers to above questions you would have no difficulty in going into details)

After a week I got a call that I cleared the interview.

Firmware Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CommScope (Fremont, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR
    Then scheduled a phone interview with the Technical Manager

Interview was good.
    Asked about my projects and work experience
    Asked few basic questions in c and c++

IT Manager Interview

Interview

A telephonic interview followed by a Skype interview and then a face-to-face interview.
    All through the process the focus was on project management concepts and previous experience in management.
    A lot of questions were asked about risk management and handling communications between teams spread across different time zones.

Interview Questions

• About risk management. Was asked to give examples from my past experience where a risk was predicted in advance and nullified.   Answer Question

Pay offered was very less compared to market standards.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommScope (Joliet, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by what I believe was a recruiter for the company. He asked me a lot of questions over the phone about my experience, education, and skills. A few weeks later I was contacted to set up an interview. I set up the interview, and proceeded to interview with 3 people. Considering the interview took about 2 hours, I thought it was a little overwhelming. They asked pretty standarad questions, and there were a lot of repeat questions asked.

Interview Questions

• What would your past manager say about you if I were to contact he or she to talk about you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CommScope (Joliet, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

General background/ past work experience questions

Negotiation

None

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CommScope in April 2012.

Interview

Ok hiring process. required 4+ phone interviews with different level executives, which was strange. Interviewers did not seem fully prepared or asked very generic questions.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • name a time when you dealt with troublesome co-workers?   Answer Question

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CommScope (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2008.

Interview

i did not think i would ever get a chance to get a job in this company but when i saw in an ad that they are offering a chance to become product line manager so first i thought i would never get a chance but when i thought that i have experience to do this job so i can get a chance so i talked with my friend about it, he said i,ll talk about it to the owner of the company.then they arranged an interview for me and they checked my personality skills and i successed in my interview.i would thank them with the company future and may god give success to the company.

Interview Questions

• how much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CommScope in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview 30 min, face to face interview, 3 additional phone interview (about 45 min each). Then discussion about package through head hunter.

Interview Questions

• It was surprising for them why I want change my current employer. And make them believe that I will do that.   Answer Question