CommScope

www.commscope.com

CommScope Interview Questions

3.1

PLM Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CommScope in February 2008.

this was an internal interview
    my position was eliminated upon acquisition by COmmscope
    and I interviewed and offered a job, but have needed to relocate to TX

offer was fair compensatiuon-wise, but relo to TX was a deal-breaker

I think company was poorly organized during teh transition to assess value of employees from 1-2 even horizon, too much focus on reducing budget/costs

interviwed with cross-funcitononal team memebs presenting sales, manuf, marketing, PLM, GM

relo

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CommScope in February 2008.

All applicants are required to post on-line. There may be screening questions attached to the job you are posting for. A recruiter does phone screen and passes it to Hiring Manager (HM). HM asks recruiter to schedule interview. Interview lasted about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict with management that didn't go well. What did you do wrong? What did you learn? How did you employ what you learned to a different situation where you were successful?   Answer Question
    Was not able to get additional vacation. Company is strict about vacation policy.

Security Guard Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CommScope in April 2010.

interview in person then recieve a phone call if you got hired

Firmware Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CommScope in February 2014.

Got a phone call from HR
    Then scheduled a phone interview with the Technical Manager

Interview was good.
    Asked about my projects and work experience
    Asked few basic questions in c and c++

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommScope in June 2011.

Initially, I was contacted by what I believe was a recruiter for the company. He asked me a lot of questions over the phone about my experience, education, and skills. A few weeks later I was contacted to set up an interview. I set up the interview, and proceeded to interview with 3 people. Considering the interview took about 2 hours, I thought it was a little overwhelming. They asked pretty standarad questions, and there were a lot of repeat questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • What would your past manager say about you if I were to contact he or she to talk about you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CommScope in February 2009.

General background/ past work experience questions

None

Entry Level Engineer Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CommScope in April 2012.

Ok hiring process. required 4+ phone interviews with different level executives, which was strange. Interviewers did not seem fully prepared or asked very generic questions.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • name a time when you dealt with troublesome co-workers?   Answer Question

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CommScope in April 2008.

i did not think i would ever get a chance to get a job in this company but when i saw in an ad that they are offering a chance to become product line manager so first i thought i would never get a chance but when i thought that i have experience to do this job so i can get a chance so i talked with my friend about it, he said i,ll talk about it to the owner of the company.then they arranged an interview for me and they checked my personality skills and i successed in my interview.i would thank them with the company future and may god give success to the company.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CommScope in June 2012.

Phone interview 30 min, face to face interview, 3 additional phone interview (about 45 min each). Then discussion about package through head hunter.

Interview Questions
    • It was surprising for them why I want change my current employer. And make them believe that I will do that.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CommScope.

Screening done by a 3rd party reviewer against criteria set by the hiring manager and hr. Once past that screen it's typically a phone interview with the hiring manager then on to a face to face interview on site. That can be one on one or group setting..

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions. Most are very straight forward asking how you would deal with difficult circumstances or balky customers   View Answer
    not much wiggle room on salary but the potential yrly bonus was substantial and has been paid out for the last two yrs.