CommScope Interview Questions & Reviews

3.4

Firmware Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CommScope in February 2014.

Got a phone call from HR
    Then scheduled a phone interview with the Technical Manager

Interview was good.
    Asked about my projects and work experience
    Asked few basic questions in c and c++

RF/Electrical Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CommScope.

When I applied for the position I got a request for Telephonic Interview the very next day( I think they needed an employee immediately). The telephonic interview had three rounds taken by different persons. Questions were easy but tested your knowledge (If you did not have a work exp you will be trying hard to answer that). I was interviewing for Spectrum Management and Microwave group. Basic questions like
    1. dB and dBm diffrence
    2. Working with a oscilloscpe
    3. Some microwave design questions (Work ex helped)
    4. How industry functions in spectrum management domain
    5. Which frequencies are generally used for a different type of Microwave Links ( for Eg. 11 GHz frequency is not used for very long path because of fading)
    6. Fresnal Zone blockage issues
    7. What is Link availability.
     Interview revolved around these questions.

I got a call after 2 days that I cleared the telephonic Interview and was invited for a on-site interview.

On-site interview was more knowing me whether testing technical knowledge. About what all softwares I know pertaining to the job and how much I know what the group does (white papers on the website of the company helps). The technical questions were the kind of same from the telephonic interview but this time more detailed ( they needed detailed explanations, I you know the answers to above questions you would have no difficulty in going into details)

After a week I got a call that I cleared the interview.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Norman of Catawba, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Norman of Catawba, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CommScope in December 2010.

Go through Manpower to get hired

No negotiation. Until the Union starts

Tool and Die Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at CommScope.

good

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Catawba, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catawba, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CommScope in September 2013.

Initial communication by phone involved HR contractors rather than HR employees, but they were helpful, discrete, & courteous. This was followed by a phone interview which involved several folks. Again, they were easy to work with and very accommodating. This was followed with an on-site interview. They were very flexible & allowed me to drive rather than fly so I could see the area. The interview was all day & involved several people, in person & by video conference. It was a long day, but that is why I was there & I appreciated them taking the time to thoughtfully consider me as well as give me an opportunity to evaluate CommScope. Overall, an excellent interview experience afforded by a professional HR staff & sincere interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the process by which you would accept and issue payment for a contracted assembly machine build.   View Answer
    I declined the 1st offer & was able to negotiate a slightly different offer. They were very accommodating to my hesitation in making a decision.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CommScope.

Screening done by a 3rd party reviewer against criteria set by the hiring manager and hr. Once past that screen it's typically a phone interview with the hiring manager then on to a face to face interview on site. That can be one on one or group setting..

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions. Most are very straight forward asking how you would deal with difficult circumstances or balky customers   View Answer
    not much wiggle room on salary but the potential yrly bonus was substantial and has been paid out for the last two yrs.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CommScope in June 2012.

Phone interview 30 min, face to face interview, 3 additional phone interview (about 45 min each). Then discussion about package through head hunter.

Interview Questions
    • It was surprising for them why I want change my current employer. And make them believe that I will do that.   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CommScope in April 2012.

Ok hiring process. required 4+ phone interviews with different level executives, which was strange. Interviewers did not seem fully prepared or asked very generic questions.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • name a time when you dealt with troublesome co-workers?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CommScope in February 2009.

General background/ past work experience questions

None

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CommScope in June 2011.

Initially, I was contacted by what I believe was a recruiter for the company. He asked me a lot of questions over the phone about my experience, education, and skills. A few weeks later I was contacted to set up an interview. I set up the interview, and proceeded to interview with 3 people. Considering the interview took about 2 hours, I thought it was a little overwhelming. They asked pretty standarad questions, and there were a lot of repeat questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • What would your past manager say about you if I were to contact he or she to talk about you?   Answer Question

Worked for CommScope? Contribute to the Community!