CommVault

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Marketing Interview

Director Marketing
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CommVault in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Marketing and Product Management personnel including Peers, management and senior management (to CMO level)
3 levels of interviews over a three week period, some by phone, some in person
HR coordinator scheduled all meetings

Interview Question – Interview Test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Dealt with HR
Countered with 10% higher salary and vacation time
Accepted counter

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CommVault.

Interview Details – Applied at college career fair. Got an email that evening asking me to appear for a coding test at college the next day. It was a tough test...3 programs in 30 minutes. I did really horribly.

A month later I get a call saying they want an interview. I scheduled it for the week after. I got no details from them regarding what position they were interviewing for or what type of questions they would ask..even when i specifically asked for these details in an email.

first round was a phone interview. 45 minutes long. i was asked basic questions on my prior experience and my resume. i clearly mentioned that i have no testing knowledge and no software background. interviewer was very friendly and asked me to develop test cases for an atm machine. he explained exactly what he wanted and told me what specifics my answer should cover. after this I was told they would get back within 2 weeks but i heard absolutely nothing from them for around one and a half months.

next phone interview session of about one and a half hour. 4 different people called and spoke to me. each of them asked me how much i knew about testing. i again told them i had no knowledge of testing and i have no software background. so they asked me questions on my resume, a few basic technical questions on sql. I had taken up cloud computing as a course during that semester. so concepts on that like what hadoop was and how AWS works, virtual memory etc. questions on operating systems..certain DOS commands..easy stuff...then one guy asked me to develop test cases for software recovery and backup system. I said whatever i could think of. then other people asked me questions on why i want this position and some questions on latest trends in technology. Overall it was a great interview. again i heard nothing from them for more than a month. then i wrote an email asking for an update. two weeks after that i get another call.

Half an hour interview with questions purely contained to my resume and my grad projects. Nothing more or less.

Interview Question – Testing a software recovery system   Answer Question

Software Developer - NetSuite Interview

Software Developer - NetSuite
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CommVault.

Interview Details – Met CommVault at University Career Fair... Was emailed to set up an interview immediately following the fair... Met them 5 days later at Oceanport Office. Had quick laid-back interview, very conversational. Interviewed with 3 people that I would be working with. Very comfortable, no technical questions asked.

Interview Question – Explain what you are studying at your University.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through university and the process took a day - interviewed via phone in February 2014. It was a technical interview and questions based on C++ were asked. The interviewer didn't really give me an option to choose my computer language preference, he just asked me whether I'm comfortable in C++ or not? When I said I'm comfortable in java he still said he will ask questions in C++!

Interview Question – Find the maximum number of anagrams in a given string of characters.   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interview Details – It was the first technical interview, and I and bunch of people had to solve some programming questions in a big room. We had 90 minutes to solve 3 algorithm questions. The questions are not that easy or not that hard. But you can use internet freely during the test.

Interview Question – The questions were related to data structure problems such as linked list, tree, etc. You code in a web browser, and it's tricky. It is basically just like using a memo pad.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

Interviewed at CommVault

Interview Details – Met the at career booth, asked me about difference between Java and C++. Then I got a 30min coding testing the next day with bunch of other candidates. The test involve 3 problem, kinda like leetcode, one about linklist, one tree and one string manipulation.Really time intensive, only did two.

Interview Question – give you the preorder and postorder print of tree nodes, reconstruct the tree.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CommVault in October 2013.

Interview Details – Commvault had visited our campus for the career fair. Some of us got a mail the same night to attend a programming challenge the next day at the University.
There were three programs with 5,6,7 marks. They instructed us to solve any one first and then attempt the others.
Question were : Convert a number to binary, Find if a loop exists in a Linked List. Can't recall the third one.
It was a online compiler type interview. So you had to write, compile execute and pass their tests.

I then got a mail for a telephonic. The guy asked me just one question.
char *a="something";
Is this valid or invalid. Give reasons.
Then what would
strlen(a) return?

The next question was what is sizeof.

That's it. Simple basic stuff.

Interview Question – char *a="something"; Valid / Invalid.   View Answer

Sales Engineering Manager Interview

Sales Engineering Manager

Interviewed at CommVault

Interview Details – 6 rounds of interviews and managed through 100% contractors. Even salary negotiation was done via contractor.

Interview Question – Why commvault?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Odd, handled 100% contractors.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at CommVault

Interview Details – Round 1 - aptitude and c output/debugging (1.5 hrs - 45 questions)
Round 2 - writing c programs (1.5 hrs - 5 questions)

Interview Question – bit level manipulation programs   Answer Question

Interviewed at CommVault

Interview Details – Email from manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Had three telephonic with diff teams. Then got an email saying hiring has been stopped.

Interview Question – Was asked about js, IIS, datasets, some programming (send code later) directory structure design and traversal and sort two sorted arrays   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CommVault

Worked for CommVault? Contribute to the Community!

CommVault Videos

CommVault – Why Work for Us?

Take your first step toward joining a diverse and inspiring global team that is rapidly transforming the way companies worldwide manage data and information. As a leading pioneer of innovative technology and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CommVault interview questions and advice. All 41 interview reviews posted anonymously by CommVault employees and interview candidates.