CommVault Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

3.7

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CommVault.

Interview

Started with a debugging test which included fixing a C program which had bugs in it (stack overflow, memory corruption). One telephonic interview and 3 on site interviews, all of them based on c++ and data strucutres.

Interview Questions

• If you are good in programming then you should be able to crack it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CommVault

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at CommVault (Oceanport, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Absolutely awful experience. The manager had me over for an interview on site after 2 rounds of phone interviews. After a day long interview followed by a skills test and another phone interview (overall 4 rounds), they wanted to make an offer immediately. That offer came after nearly 30 days even though they promised to send it within 2-3 days. No proper explanation was offered during this time and the manager went off on vacation without informing me. I finally received the offer from HR and accepted it. The next day, the manager returned from vacation and wanted to rescind the offer. Total lack of professionalism.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Development
     Round 1 Written Test consisting of very easy questions of aptitude and question on C and C++.
    Round 2 - Programming test , Duration 4-5 hours To develop a search Engine

Round 3 Interview

They focused on one thing during the entire presentation - PERFORMANCE

Interview Questions

• Developing a Search Engine   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially there was a technical written test where one descriptive question on linked list and 45 MCQs were asked. I was in the 5 shortlisted students among 120 students. Then there were three interview rounds. The 1st round is a technical round where technical questions on C , Data structures, Networking were asked. The 2nd round is a puzzle round in which a puzzle was given which is to be solved ASAP. I took 20 minutes to solve it. 3rd round is again technical round on pointers concept in C and some other basics of C. Totally it was 3.5 hrs interview. I felt extremely happy after receiving the offer. The staff was very good at all technical concepts and were very professional. Actually their way of interview made me focus instead of worrying and being tension about the offer.

Interview Questions

• A question on structures with networking concept included.   Answer Question
    • Puzzle was about finding a poisoned bottle among 13 bottles using 4 Lab rats.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As it is a on campus placements it is a fixed amount.