CommVault

CommVault Interview Questions in New York City, NY

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer - NetSuite Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CommVault.

Met CommVault at University Career Fair... Was emailed to set up an interview immediately following the fair... Met them 5 days later at Oceanport Office. Had quick laid-back interview, very conversational. Interviewed with 3 people that I would be working with. Very comfortable, no technical questions asked.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in February 2014.

It was the first technical interview, and I and bunch of people had to solve some programming questions in a big room. We had 90 minutes to solve 3 algorithm questions. The questions are not that easy or not that hard. But you can use internet freely during the test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were related to data structure problems such as linked list, tree, etc. You code in a web browser, and it's tricky. It is basically just like using a memo pad.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

I applied through university and the process took a day - interviewed via phone in February 2014. It was a technical interview and questions based on C++ were asked. The interviewer didn't really give me an option to choose my computer language preference, he just asked me whether I'm comfortable in C++ or not? When I said I'm comfortable in java he still said he will ask questions in C++!

Interview Questions
    • Find the maximum number of anagrams in a given string of characters.   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CommVault in March 2013.

2 Telephonic Interviews. Onsite Interview after a test. Onsite interview has a code test 3-4 interviews.

The first onsite-interviewer was extremely rude. He was cutting me short, smiling when I answered wrong, was telling me I was wrong before I could finish writing some code. He left before his time was over. I had a feeling he was not interested in recruiting me, right from the beginning.

Most of the interviewers were asking Threading questions, which I initially claimed I had no experience in.

Interview Questions
    • Have you memorized this answer? (I wanted to swear at him when he went out).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CommVault in August 2012.

Got two rounds of phone interviews. Interviewed for c/c++ but the person asked more of Java questions. Second round of interview completely on C and Unix. After few days they gave a programming assignment. I have sent the working code and documentation. There is no response from commvault after that. I kept on asking them what the feedback for the assignment. After 15 days they sent a template email saying they are considering other similar candidates at this time. Company and people are so unprofessional. Totally it is waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in February 2012.

Good interview..Good questions
    Make sure your basics are tight

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on memory allocation in C
      How can you dynamically allocate memory in stack as opposed to malloc which happens in heap ?

Which is faster between stack and heap

Answer Question
    • What is static key word why is it used ?   Answer Question
    • What is a hashmap, it's complecxity for lookup and what is the data structure inside a hashmap and concepts on chaining and collision   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at CommVault in August 2011.

Absolutely awful experience. The manager had me over for an interview on site after 2 rounds of phone interviews. After a day long interview followed by a skills test and another phone interview (overall 4 rounds), they wanted to make an offer immediately. That offer came after nearly 30 days even though they promised to send it within 2-3 days. No proper explanation was offered during this time and the manager went off on vacation without informing me. I finally received the offer from HR and accepted it. The next day, the manager returned from vacation and wanted to rescind the offer. Total lack of professionalism.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CommVault in March 2011.

The Director of HR/Recruiting had a difficult time understanding my last job role because it was a start-up and did not have typical quotas nor responsibilities. He asked me to prepare 2 presentations on the fly and gave me 20 minutes to whiteboard it. After the interview he told me he woudl set-up an interview with the hiring manager. He never called me back nor set anything up. I set-up an interview with the hiring manager directly. After meeting with the hiring manager he asked me for references. He never called them. When one of my references reached out ot him via email he did not reply (an it was a customer )and never contacted me back via phone or email.

Java GUI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CommVault in June 2010.

first phone interview
    then onsite: receptionist - > H.R manager -> group IT manager - > skill test on computer
    -> lunch -> still test -> finish

causal enviroment, easily get over dressed, since most people wear Jeans, T-shirt, sneakers.

Interview Questions
    • What are some situations where you would make constructors private   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Branch, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Branch, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CommVault in February 2009.

I applied at a college job fair and they called me on my mobile for the first interview. The first interview was easy and it lasted for 15 mins. The secong interview I was for 2 hours and it was pretty tough. They said theyw would call me and let me know the outcome of the interview, but I am pretty sure that it is going to be a NO.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some very complex database integration services   View Answer