CommVault

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer - NetSuite Interview

Software Developer - NetSuite
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CommVault.

Interview Details – Met CommVault at University Career Fair... Was emailed to set up an interview immediately following the fair... Met them 5 days later at Oceanport Office. Had quick laid-back interview, very conversational. Interviewed with 3 people that I would be working with. Very comfortable, no technical questions asked.

Interview Question – Explain what you are studying at your University.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through university and the process took a day - interviewed via phone in February 2014. It was a technical interview and questions based on C++ were asked. The interviewer didn't really give me an option to choose my computer language preference, he just asked me whether I'm comfortable in C++ or not? When I said I'm comfortable in java he still said he will ask questions in C++!

Interview Question – Find the maximum number of anagrams in a given string of characters.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

Interview Details – It was the first technical interview, and I and bunch of people had to solve some programming questions in a big room. We had 90 minutes to solve 3 algorithm questions. The questions are not that easy or not that hard. But you can use internet freely during the test.

Interview Question – The questions were related to data structure problems such as linked list, tree, etc. You code in a web browser, and it's tricky. It is basically just like using a memo pad.   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Java Software Engineer
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CommVault in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephonic Interviews. Onsite Interview after a test. Onsite interview has a code test 3-4 interviews.

The first onsite-interviewer was extremely rude. He was cutting me short, smiling when I answered wrong, was telling me I was wrong before I could finish writing some code. He left before his time was over. I had a feeling he was not interested in recruiting me, right from the beginning.

Most of the interviewers were asking Threading questions, which I initially claimed I had no experience in.

Interview Question – Have you memorized this answer? (I wanted to swear at him when he went out).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CommVault in August 2012.

Interview Details – Got two rounds of phone interviews. Interviewed for c/c++ but the person asked more of Java questions. Second round of interview completely on C and Unix. After few days they gave a programming assignment. I have sent the working code and documentation. There is no response from commvault after that. I kept on asking them what the feedback for the assignment. After 15 days they sent a template email saying they are considering other similar candidates at this time. Company and people are so unprofessional. Totally it is waste of time.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Oceanport, NJ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at CommVault in August 2011.

Interview Details – Absolutely awful experience. The manager had me over for an interview on site after 2 rounds of phone interviews. After a day long interview followed by a skills test and another phone interview (overall 4 rounds), they wanted to make an offer immediately. That offer came after nearly 30 days even though they promised to send it within 2-3 days. No proper explanation was offered during this time and the manager went off on vacation without informing me. I finally received the offer from HR and accepted it. The next day, the manager returned from vacation and wanted to rescind the offer. Total lack of professionalism.

Interview Question – What are your expectations from a manager?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Edison, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in February 2012.

Interview Details – Good interview..Good questions
Make sure your basics are tight

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on memory allocation in C
    How can you dynamically allocate memory in stack as opposed to malloc which happens in heap ?

Which is faster between stack and heap
      Answer Question
  • What is static key word why is it used ?   Answer Question
  • What is a hashmap, it's complecxity for lookup and what is the data structure inside a hashmap and concepts on chaining and collision   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CommVault in March 2011.

Interview Details – The Director of HR/Recruiting had a difficult time understanding my last job role because it was a start-up and did not have typical quotas nor responsibilities. He asked me to prepare 2 presentations on the fly and gave me 20 minutes to whiteboard it. After the interview he told me he woudl set-up an interview with the hiring manager. He never called me back nor set anything up. I set-up an interview with the hiring manager directly. After meeting with the hiring manager he asked me for references. He never called them. When one of my references reached out ot him via email he did not reply (an it was a customer )and never contacted me back via phone or email.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Java GUI Interview

Java GUI
Oceanport, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CommVault in June 2010.

Interview Details – first phone interview
then onsite: receptionist - > H.R manager -> group IT manager - > skill test on computer
-> lunch -> still test -> finish

causal enviroment, easily get over dressed, since most people wear Jeans, T-shirt, sneakers.

Interview Question – What are some situations where you would make constructors private   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Long Branch, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CommVault in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied at a college job fair and they called me on my mobile for the first interview. The first interview was easy and it lasted for 15 mins. The secong interview I was for 2 hours and it was pretty tough. They said theyw would call me and let me know the outcome of the interview, but I am pretty sure that it is going to be a NO.

Interview Question – They asked some very complex database integration services   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CommVault? Contribute to the Community!

CommVault Videos

CommVault – Why Work for Us?

Take your first step toward joining a diverse and inspiring global team that is rapidly transforming the way companies worldwide manage data and information. As a leading pioneer of innovative technology and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CommVault interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by CommVault employees and interview candidates.