CommVault

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

Round 1 - aptitude and c output/debugging (1.5 hrs - 45 questions)
Round 2 - writing c programs (1.5 hrs - 5 questions)

Other Interview Reviews for CommVault

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanport, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CommVault in August 2012.

Got two rounds of phone interviews. Interviewed for c/c++ but the person asked more of Java questions. Second round of interview completely on C and Unix. After few days they gave a programming assignment. I have sent the working code and documentation. There is no response from commvault after that. I kept on asking them what the feedback for the assignment. After 15 days they sent a template email saying they are considering other similar candidates at this time. Company and people are so unprofessional. Totally it is waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Branch, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Branch, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CommVault in February 2009.

I applied at a college job fair and they called me on my mobile for the first interview. The first interview was easy and it lasted for 15 mins. The secong interview I was for 2 hours and it was pretty tough. They said theyw would call me and let me know the outcome of the interview, but I am pretty sure that it is going to be a NO.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some very complex database integration services   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

They took one snippet coding round which had 6 questions to be done in 75 minutes. It was easy, just required you to complete the functions.
    The second round was a coding round that required you to implement a basic filesystem in C.
    Some small codebase was also given.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't qualify this round.

Interview Questions
    • The difficulty in second round was that 5 functions had to be implemented , each in a given amount of time. You could proceed to the next function only if you complete the previous function in given time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CommVault in August 2013.

45 questions(Aptitude+Technical)-90 minutes.
    mainly based on the pointers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CommVault in August 2013.

There was a minimum cut-off that the candidates had to clear for being eligible to participate in the placement process. There was an online test which involved mainly c programming snippets on the concepts of data structures, Algorithms involving a lot of pointers understanding.After that there was a long 4 hour C++ programming involving real-life problems.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was involving Approximation techniques used in Mathematics like Bisection method for finding roots of polynomials.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in September 2012.

they had totally 3 rounds.
    1) Online test with had C and C++ questions
    2) coding round where we were given a code template with all the return types of the functions to be void. and they had specified the number of parameters for each function. It was just the liked list addition and subtraction of integers but the restrictions made it little hard.
    3) Technical and HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Restriction on the number of parameter for each function, return type to be void and the memory allocation to be done only through one specific function was wat was asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in August 2012.

(This whole procedure is only for s/w developers not for s/w testers. Their selection procedure and questions in each round were totally different.)

The selection process consisted of total 3 round: first was online pure technical 45 MCQs with -ve marking in 75 mins in which 40 were shortlisted out of 300, 2nd was a problem to code on computer(the time they mentioned in ppt was 90 mins for this, but because of the complexity of the problem, it was extended to 5 hrs 30 mins) and last round was technical which was a bit like formality after almost 6 hrs of coding in which they selected only 3 students out of 40 who could complete the program without any errors. And fortunately I was among those 3 lucky students.

1st round consisted of only 45 C++ questions in which code was given and we need to find the output. One's concept of volatile, virtual functions, enum, templates should be clear to qualify this round.

In 2nd round, the coding question was quite tough. The problem was: We are given a heap memory of 512 x 4 bytes size with it's starting address. We had to implement our own malloc, remalloc and free functions named as mymalloc, myremalloc and myfree functions rptly. We need to use some data structure to keep track of all allocated blocks and perform requested operation and den to display the memory address, it's size and print whether it's free or busy(allocated).
    After this round, the technical interview was just for formality in which he asked about projects, program to print mirror image of a tree and OS, c++ questions.

Interview Questions
    The offer was pretty decent. So, there was no point in negotiating.