CommVault

3.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in February 2014.

It was the first technical interview, and I and bunch of people had to solve some programming questions in a big room. We had 90 minutes to solve 3 algorithm questions. The questions are not that easy or not that hard. But you can use internet freely during the test.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were related to data structure problems such as linked list, tree, etc. You code in a web browser, and it's tricky. It is basically just like using a memo pad.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CommVault

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CommVault in October 2013.

Commvault had visited our campus for the career fair. Some of us got a mail the same night to attend a programming challenge the next day at the University.
    There were three programs with 5,6,7 marks. They instructed us to solve any one first and then attempt the others.
    Question were : Convert a number to binary, Find if a loop exists in a Linked List. Can't recall the third one.
    It was a online compiler type interview. So you had to write, compile execute and pass their tests.

I then got a mail for a telephonic. The guy asked me just one question.
    char *a="something";
    Is this valid or invalid. Give reasons.
    Then what would
    strlen(a) return?

The next question was what is sizeof.

That's it. Simple basic stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Email from manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Had three telephonic with diff teams. Then got an email saying hiring has been stopped.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about js, IIS, datasets, some programming (send code later) directory structure design and traversal and sort two sorted arrays   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in February 2012.

Good interview..Good questions
    Make sure your basics are tight

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on memory allocation in C
      How can you dynamically allocate memory in stack as opposed to malloc which happens in heap ?

Which is faster between stack and heap

Answer Question
    • What is static key word why is it used ?   Answer Question
    • What is a hashmap, it's complecxity for lookup and what is the data structure inside a hashmap and concepts on chaining and collision   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CommVault.

1 online programming round in their compiler
    1 hackathon round

Interview Questions
    • Hackathon round question will be mostly based on heap management   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in July 2012.

45 MCQs (30mins)
    1 coding (on computer) (1.5 hrs)
    Tech Interview 1 ( 1hr ) ( algorithms, data structures and C/C++ )
    Tech interview 2 ( 30mins ) ( pointers & memory management )
    HR ( 30mins )

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in January 2012.

Very Interactive Interview ,Interviewers always tried to check intelligence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CommVault in July 2010.

I got a call through the consultant. Had 2 telephonic interviews one from Hyderabad and one from US. Both were not very difficult. Then called for 1:1. There I had to take a test where I needed to code provided with the System.

Interview Questions
    • This one is from Java Swings. Write a program to display a table with a large size of data from an backed data source. consider pagination and indexing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CommVault in June 2010.

The first part of the interview was a lengthy written test which I have to give even with 5 years of Development experience. Many of my friends wan't able to clear the written test, but I cleared it.

The next portion is debugging test where you have to go to there office, and debug a program in 3 hours and fix it. Initially it will not even be at compilation stage.

I went through the whole process but the main bug I didn't fixed. And I made a fix at wrong place, so the bug is gone and was not reproducible. Even the person who was observing my system, got confused.

Later on he did a stress test on the system, and then the bug was reproduced but I ran out of time.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CommVault in February 2010.

There was a debugging test initially where you would be given code to find faults. There were around 6 bugs in the code. The debuggint test is for 4 hours. After the debugging test, there was a personal interview. Many questions were asked on pointer management in C.

- How do you implement your own malloc function?

- What are buffer overflows how do you avoid them?