CommVault

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was the first technical interview, and I and bunch of people had to solve some programming questions in a big room. We had 90 minutes to solve 3 algorithm questions. The questions are not that easy or not that hard. But you can use internet freely during the test.

Interview Question – The questions were related to data structure problems such as linked list, tree, etc. You code in a web browser, and it's tricky. It is basically just like using a memo pad.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CommVault in October 2013.

Interview Details – Commvault had visited our campus for the career fair. Some of us got a mail the same night to attend a programming challenge the next day at the University.
There were three programs with 5,6,7 marks. They instructed us to solve any one first and then attempt the others.
Question were : Convert a number to binary, Find if a loop exists in a Linked List. Can't recall the third one.
It was a online compiler type interview. So you had to write, compile execute and pass their tests.

I then got a mail for a telephonic. The guy asked me just one question.
char *a="something";
Is this valid or invalid. Give reasons.
Then what would
strlen(a) return?

The next question was what is sizeof.

That's it. Simple basic stuff.

Interview Question – char *a="something"; Valid / Invalid.   View Answer

Interviewed at CommVault

Interview Details – Email from manager. Scheduled a phone interview. Had three telephonic with diff teams. Then got an email saying hiring has been stopped.

Interview Question – Was asked about js, IIS, datasets, some programming (send code later) directory structure design and traversal and sort two sorted arrays   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Edison, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in February 2012.

Interview Details – Good interview..Good questions
Make sure your basics are tight

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on memory allocation in C
    How can you dynamically allocate memory in stack as opposed to malloc which happens in heap ?

Which is faster between stack and heap
      Answer Question
  • What is static key word why is it used ?   Answer Question
  • What is a hashmap, it's complecxity for lookup and what is the data structure inside a hashmap and concepts on chaining and collision   Answer Question

Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CommVault.

Interview Details – 1 online programming round in their compiler
1 hackathon round

Interview Question – Hackathon round question will be mostly based on heap management   Answer Question

Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in July 2012.

Interview Details – 45 MCQs (30mins)
1 coding (on computer) (1.5 hrs)
Tech Interview 1 ( 1hr ) ( algorithms, data structures and C/C++ )
Tech interview 2 ( 30mins ) ( pointers & memory management )
HR ( 30mins )

Interview Question – Tech Interview 2   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CommVault in June 2010.

Interview Details – The first part of the interview was a lengthy written test which I have to give even with 5 years of Development experience. Many of my friends wan't able to clear the written test, but I cleared it.

The next portion is debugging test where you have to go to there office, and debug a program in 3 hours and fix it. Initially it will not even be at compilation stage.

I went through the whole process but the main bug I didn't fixed. And I made a fix at wrong place, so the bug is gone and was not reproducible. Even the person who was observing my system, got confused.

Later on he did a stress test on the system, and then the bug was reproduced but I ran out of time.

Interview Question – debug a program   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very Interactive Interview ,Interviewers always tried to check intelligence

Interview Question – How multi-threading works(in detail) ?   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CommVault in July 2010.

Interview Details – I got a call through the consultant. Had 2 telephonic interviews one from Hyderabad and one from US. Both were not very difficult. Then called for 1:1. There I had to take a test where I needed to code provided with the System.

Interview Question – This one is from Java Swings. Write a program to display a table with a large size of data from an backed data source. consider pagination and indexing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CommVault in February 2010.

Interview Details – There was a debugging test initially where you would be given code to find faults. There were around 6 bugs in the code. The debuggint test is for 4 hours. After the debugging test, there was a personal interview. Many questions were asked on pointer management in C.

- How do you implement your own malloc function?

- What are buffer overflows how do you avoid them?

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at CommVault

Worked for CommVault? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CommVault Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by CommVault employees and interview candidates.