Commerce Bancshares

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Vice President Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares.

Interview Details – I was approached by a "head hunter" to consider coming to work for Commerce Bank, and decided to take the position based upon the financial strength of the company, 146-year track record of success, company culture, fair compensation program, and opportunities for growth. Overall, I have not been disappointed.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase took about 6 weeks after interviews with several members of senior management.

Risk Analyst Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process lasted about 4 hours.

Interview Question – There were just a lot of the same questions, by different people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not bad at all.

Account Executive Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in June 2012.

Interview Details – The process is typical however, very lengthy. You have at least 3 - 4 interviews with your immediate supervisor, then with his boss and then with his boss's boss. The process will take 60-90 days. You will need to put together a comprehensive 90 day ramp up plan.

Interview Question – Specific examples of cold call techniques used   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it - no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Transaction Specialist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares.

Interview Details – Received the usual email when I post for a position with Commerce Bank. They are impressed with my resume, but they are going with a different candidate. Usually takes a month from the time when I post for the position to the time I get a response from Commerce Bank.

Interview Question – They repeat their questions, just ask in different ways if you do get an interview.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

Interviewed at Commerce Bancshares

Interview Details – The interview is quick and simple for a teller. Make sure you some some laws about banking and am able to add/ subtract

Interview Question – Give an example of an unhappy customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Terrible. They won't move on pay hardly...Easy to find tellers

Business Line Data Analyst Interview

Business Line Data Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview is by phone with human resources which included a lot of general human resource type questions. Second interview was not very challenging, a lot of tell me about yourself or tell me about a time when. Last interview was more detailed and job specific to how one would analyze certain data sets.

Interview Question – What is your dream job? These are always difficult as you do not want to insult or threaten the interviewer.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the HR rep. It was followed by in-person interviews about a week later. In one day I met with that rep, then with the hiring manager (my boss), and then with other managers of the same department.
From what I am told, the difference that set me apart from other candidates was my preparation for the interviews. I had a lot of questions for them.

Interview Question – It was pretty conversational.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The HR rep sent me an offer along with pre-employment criteria I needed to complete. I didn't try to negotiate, because I badly needed the job and didn't want to mess with it.

Senior Teller Interview

Senior Teller
Saint Charles, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares.

Interview Details – Interview with Human Resources, Interview with Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor, Human Resources will call you if offered a position

Interview Question – Most interview questions are scenario based.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller
Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in May 2012.

Interview Details – Met with the recruiters at a job fair and gave them my resume. They sent me an email asking me to come in and interview for a position. Interview was with two people and asked mostly behavioral based interview questions. Questions weren't out of the ordinary, mostly wanted to see that you had some kind of cash handling experience and/or customer service experience.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had to deliver bad news to someone and how you chose to deliver that message.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, my experience is that tellers have a more difficult time negotiating than FSR's.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in July 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job on Career Builder and submitted my resume. A recruiter contacted me and I had a phone interview with her. A few days later I had one phone interview with the hiring manager. I drove to Kansas City the following week on my own dime and visited with the recruiter and the hiring manager. The interview went well, I wore a suit and time. I negotiated my position from a Developer II to a Developer III which included an increase in salary. I got my own new laptop at my request.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. Most questions were technical in nature regarding Visual Foxpro language syntax.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested an increase in salary based on my experience and current salary. The management had to go back and request the position be approved for a Developer III instead of a Developer II which only took a couple of days and they accepted my counter-offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Commerce Bancshares? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commerce Bancshares interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Commerce Bancshares employees and interview candidates.