Commerce Bancshares

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Commerce Bancshares

Interview Details – The interview is quick and simple for a teller. Make sure you some some laws about banking and am able to add/ subtract

Interview Question – Give an example of an unhappy customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Terrible. They won't move on pay hardly...Easy to find tellers

Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in May 2012.

Interview Details – Met with the recruiters at a job fair and gave them my resume. They sent me an email asking me to come in and interview for a position. Interview was with two people and asked mostly behavioral based interview questions. Questions weren't out of the ordinary, mostly wanted to see that you had some kind of cash handling experience and/or customer service experience.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had to deliver bad news to someone and how you chose to deliver that message.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, my experience is that tellers have a more difficult time negotiating than FSR's.

Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Commerce Bancshares in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a 1:1 chat with questions about what I did in certain experiences with my most recent two jobs. They seemed to want someone who could be persuasive to sell their accounts and also very honest. The interview started in their downtown office and then the branch manager called me for a second interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something.   Answer Question

Worked for Commerce Bancshares? Contribute to the Community!