Commerce Bank

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.7

Sales Interview

Recruiter contact, phone interview, in-person interview, offer made. Fairly quick process; less than 60 days from start to finish. All questions about the organization answered promptly and satisfactorily. Realistic portrayal of job responsibilities, company culture and expectations. Professional process overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing about yourself that you would not want anyone to know?   Answer Question
    Set salary and benefits, non-negotiable. No consideration given to varied marketplace cost of living.

Bank Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Commerce Bank.

I applied online and received phone call to schedule interview a few days later. I got really nervous and choked and did not make it to second round of interviews so I can not say how that goes. The HR rep was nice, but late meeting with me and was also writing down responses to questions which was distracting and impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included: What motivates you? Why Commerce? What other areas are you interested in?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Commerce Bank.

I was approached by a "head hunter" to consider coming to work for Commerce Bank, and decided to take the position based upon the financial strength of the company, 146-year track record of success, company culture, fair compensation program, and opportunities for growth. Overall, I have not been disappointed.

The negotiation phase took about 6 weeks after interviews with several members of senior management.

Mortgage Servicer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commerce Bank in April 2014.

I applied online 4 days later was scheduled an interview with HR. That same day I interviewed with HR I interviewed with my direct supervisor. A week later I interviewed with my supervisor's supervisor. I got a phone call the next day and was offered the position

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really one at all.

Transaction Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commerce Bank.

Received the usual email when I post for a position with Commerce Bank. They are impressed with my resume, but they are going with a different candidate. Usually takes a month from the time when I post for the position to the time I get a response from Commerce Bank.

Interview Questions
    • They repeat their questions, just ask in different ways if you do get an interview.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The interview is quick and simple for a teller. Make sure you some some laws about banking and am able to add/ subtract

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of an unhappy customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    Terrible. They won't move on pay hardly...Easy to find tellers

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview with Human Resources, Interview with Branch Manager and Teller Supervisor, Human Resources will call you if offered a position

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Standard quo

There is some room for negotiation in salary not valcation days.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Commerce Bank in August 2012.

I had a phone interview with the HR rep. It was followed by in-person interviews about a week later. In one day I met with that rep, then with the hiring manager (my boss), and then with other managers of the same department.
    From what I am told, the difference that set me apart from other candidates was my preparation for the interviews. I had a lot of questions for them.

Interview Questions
    The HR rep sent me an offer along with pre-employment criteria I needed to complete. I didn't try to negotiate, because I badly needed the job and didn't want to mess with it.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Commerce Bank in June 2012.

The process is typical however, very lengthy. You have at least 3 - 4 interviews with your immediate supervisor, then with his boss and then with his boss's boss. The process will take 60-90 days. You will need to put together a comprehensive 90 day ramp up plan.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it - no negotiation.