Commerce Bank

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Trainee Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview Details – Interviewed at corporate location in MO. First interview was with HR representative. Got a call back for another interview date. This time I had to interview with three different people. The first interview was with two women from the Credit department who asked general behavior questions. The third person was a commercial loan department manager. He asked more technical questions. There was also a skills test to calculate ratios such as current ratio and other applicable commercial lending ratios

Interview Question – How do you evaluate if a company should be considered for a loan?   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview Details – Standard quo

Negotiation Details – There is some room for negotiation in salary not valcation days.

Teller Interview

Teller

Interviewed at Commerce Bank

Interview Details – I think that the interview was extremely professional and thorough. I was interviewed in a panel of three interviewers for about 1 hour. I was asked many behavioral questions and work related questions. The interviewers were laid back and down to earth. It was a great experience overall.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me is always what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Commerce Bank.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR person and asked to set up and interview after she explained the job, it's duties, and compensation range. Formal interview with HR was performed at main branch location and was called later that afternoon by branch manager to set up interview at his branch (the one hiring). This interview was conducted by himself and the area district manager where they asked the typical questions read from a script. "Describe a time when..." questions were used the most. Company is amazing however besides average pay scales and overall great people and management.

Interview Question – I always find that the question and/or description request "Describe your biggest weakness or what you need to improve on the most". It is difficult to find a happy medium to where you are being honest yet your fault isn't near as big a deal and wouldn't ever discontinue your chances of getting the job.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – You have a pretty good idea about the compensation ranges if you ask or get this info from the HR person. Therefore you can shoot for the stars when they are in the job offering stage but I was offered the highest possible rate so negotiations were simple.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Commerce Bank in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview in person inner office after phone interview .I think it should be based on experience of employee and employee allowed to be trained instead of going with someone who can just do the skill test. Being a people person is a learned skill. More important i think.

Interview Question – No questions skills test   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Commerce Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commerce Bank interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Commerce Bank employees and interview candidates.