Commercial Metals Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.7

Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Commercial Metals.

Interview

Solid job interview process with multiple people involved with the interview. In some instances employees are preferred by the plant manager with a fast track to employment absent of the interview process.

Maintenance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seguin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commercial Metals (Seguin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus career fair. I recieved a call within a week from an HR representative who conducted a brief phone screen about my degree and previous employment, and scheduled an interview. After a tour of the plant and the steelmaking process, a panel interview was conducted with 3 reliability engineers representing each process specialty. Just a basic "fitting in" interview asking about background, professional interests, and teamwork. The final 1 on 1 interview with the department manager took place later the same day, and focused on short and long-term professional goals.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commercial Metals.

Interview

Very easy conversational type interview. Almost to the point of being unprofessional. It was basically 2 guys sitting on the other side of the desk describing the position and asking very few if any questions that required any thought.

Negotiation

I priced myself low, because I was afraid to tell them what I really needed to earn. I would recommend being honest. Because if you are a good quality employee this company will pay you what you are worth. I only put 3 stars on the compensation area because of the way I lost my bonus

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at Commercial Metals (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Good interview, knowledgeable about the business. Many locations in the US and international. They have a lot of competition .

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick, seeing as this was an interview for an internship. They looked at my resume and asked me to explain a few things that they had not heard of, for example some organizations and activities that were specific to my college. It was a really fun interview, very laid-back, and it really was just a conversation, not so much of the Q&A you would expect from an interview.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, just going over my resume and why I would be a good fit for this internship.   Answer Question

Software Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Commercial Metals in November 2011.

Interview

This was one of the best interview process. Manager was prepared and very competent. The interview panel included HR, predecessor and Manager. It lasted about one hour and we where all on the same page from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. Clear definition what is required and on point questions about my knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I came on board as a Contractor. No negotiation.

Audit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Commercial Metals (Irving, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

boilerplate by the numbers

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zawiercie (Poland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Commercial Metals (Zawiercie (Poland)) in April 2009.

Interview

It was a regular, face-to-face interview with manager. Questions related mainly to past professional experience and education.