Commerzbank Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the position. Met with local CCO, who was more than 15 minutes late to the meeting. Learned that the open headcount was due to a current team member leaving for Morgan Stanley. Conversation covered standard questions - what do you do, why do you want to pursue a career in Compliance - and CCO spent bit of time discussing the current makeup of the team and expectations of the open role.

Conversation went well until subject turned towards compensation, at which point CCO explained that although Commerzbank does not pay as well as other banks, one would get gain more subject matter expertise because scope is greater here than at other shops. Admitted that this role would be a "springboard" to larger roles elsewhere, and that salary would be equal to what I was already making.

I was advised that the next round would entail returning to meet with others from his team. I told recruiter later that day that I would not be interested in pursuing and did not hear from Commerzbank again.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult thing you worked on related to Dodd-Frank?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

First they asked me about my backgroud. Then, they asked me general finance questions, something about the Greeks (delta, gamma...), to talk about my master thesis and questions regarding excel functions like vlookup.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Organized but getting a chance to be interviewed is tough.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commerzbank (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

standard hiring and interview process.

Negotiation

very little room to negotiate.

Duales Studium Interview

Interview

Zunächst wurde ein Assessment durch einen Test vorgenommen. Anschließend gab es ein persönliches Gespräch, bei dem auch das Verkaufstalent geprüft wurde. Dabei wurde die Situation folgendermaßen dargelegt: Stellen Sie sich vor, dass ein Neukunde in die Bank kommt. Wie gehen Sie damit um, welche Fragen stellen Sie ihm, wie leiten Sie das Gespräch ein und wie kommen sie zu einem erfolgreichen Abschluss des Gesprächs?
    Obwohl die Atmosphäre während der Gespräche angenehm war, mussten alle Teilnehmer über 60 Minuten in der Empfangshalle warten, bevor es losging.

Interview Questions

• Stellen Sie sich vor, ein Neukunde kommt zu Ihnen in die Filiale...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

Was contacted by a member of the team to go down for an interview and to expect technical and fit questions. Sat down for an hour long technical test on financial concepts and excel proficiency.

Interview Questions

• Technical test was highly unexpected. Was supposed to draw financial graphs and write down excel codes.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Directly contacted a manager by sending my resume. Called me back during the week and asked directly some brain teasers related to the pricing of structured derivatives.
    Then he presented the jop et the team in which I would be working.

Interview Questions

• A client has got £10M now. His son is 13. He wants to give him 10M£ in 5 years guaranteed. So the bank suggest him to enter a simple structured product with a ZCB and digital option.

Which would be the amount of the binary option coupon?

risk free interest rate = 1%
      Commission = 1%

1 Answer

Praktikant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Commerzbank (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Online beworben, wurde von der Personalabteilung zu einem Telefoninterview eingeladen, Interview mit zwei Beratern, allgemeine Fragen, eine kleine Fallstudie, ein paar Tage später das Angebot. Dem Einstellungsprozess nach, könnte man annehmen, dass es keine gute Stelle ist, weil sie mir ein Angebot machten, ohne mich persönlich getroffen zu haben. Ich schließe daraus, dass sie den Bewerber nicht schätzen und dass ich nur ein billiger Praktikant für sie war. Leider war das am Schluss auch der Fall.

applied online, contacted by HR for a telephone interview, interview with 2 consultants, general questions, a small case, couple days later the offer. From the hiring process one could deduce that the position is bad, because they send me the offer even without seeing me in personal. That means for me, that they do not value the candidate, and I was a cheap intern for them. At end, it was unfortunately the case.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The Interview was very technical in nature. Although the office building and interview room feels cold and unfriendly which can be intimidating, the interviewer was friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected as the job spec was very clear in terms of what skills and knowledge they were looking for.   Answer Question

IRD Sales/Vizepräsident Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Commerzbank in December 2013.

Interview

Der Kontakt ging über Vitamin B und war daher sehr einfach und unkompliziert. Die Abteilung suchte eigentlich eher mich als umgekehrt. Die Bewerbungsunterlagen waren sogar unvollständig und ich konnte sie nachträglich vervollständigen. Im Interview ging es recht freundlich aber bestimmt zu. Es wurde erklärt, dass das Erfüllen der Zielvereinbarung ein fester Bestandteil der Erfolges darstellt. Genauso wichtig war, dass man die Produkte der Bank kennt und deren Eigenschaften skizzieren konnte.

Interview Questions

• Bilanzposition *Loan Loss Provisions" und Regulatorik "Performance Messung" nach Basel III.   Answer Question