Commerzbank

Updated Nov 13, 2014

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Commerzbank.

Directly contacted a manager by sending my resume. Called me back during the week and asked directly some brain teasers related to the pricing of structured derivatives.
    Then he presented the jop et the team in which I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • A client has got £10M now. His son is 13. He wants to give him 10M£ in 5 years guaranteed. So the bank suggest him to enter a simple structured product with a ZCB and digital option.

Which would be the amount of the binary option coupon?

risk free interest rate = 1%
      Commission = 1%
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commerzbank in February 2014.

The Interview was very technical in nature. Although the office building and interview room feels cold and unfriendly which can be intimidating, the interviewer was friendly and personable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected as the job spec was very clear in terms of what skills and knowledge they were looking for.   Answer Question

Senior Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Commerzbank.

2 interviews very well conducted and uninformal

rather rigid in remuneration package fixing

Equity Derivatives Flow Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Commerzbank in July 2013.

Applied through refferal. Was contacted by email 1 month later. Very slow process. Expect to meet around 15 persones.

Word atmosphere.

Interest Rate Structuring Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commerzbank in September 2012.

Have met four guys lasting 2 hours.
    First two guys barely asked any questions but just made a short introduction about the program.
    1st guy asked if I've learned any exotic interest rate products, such as the Bermudan Swaption...
    2nd guy asked what the discount factor is with the fixed rate of IRS is given.
    3rd guy asked why FIC, why structuring and what my goal is.
    4th guy asked some competency questions, like my experience working with difficult people.

Interview Questions
    • exotic interest rate products..
      I haven't learned any of these during my master's program
        Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commerzbank in March 2012.

I've got an offer for trading position in exotic equity derivatives from ancient students of my university. A phone interview was arranged by mail. The guy phoned in time and asked my to tell about me, why this position and enterprise. Than there were few probability questions, some simple math and mental calculations which followed by talking about basic options theory and some exotics. It took 30 minutes. The guy was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Commerzbank in August 2011.

6 interviews, where 3 were on the phone, 2 meetings with the team and the last with the head of trading

not existing

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commerzbank in February 2011.

One hour written technical test on core Java in a room with a dozen other candidates. Company never bothered to let me know if I passed the test so I assume that meant I didn´t pass. It doesn´t take much effort to send candidates an email so not impressed with the company (although the offices are very nice).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commerzbank in September 2008.

First got contacted by a headhunter for the position. Then had a first 30 min call with someone from HR to discuss my background, degrees and motivation for this position. Subsequently I was invited to their office for sort of big day: I had interviews with a director and with one MD. Interviews a long and complicated case study (quite technical). Then I had to do modelling test (cash flow) and also went through a numerical test. I was invited for another round of interviews which consisted mainly of meeting the different members of the team. On overall the process took 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If you had £100 million to spend right now what would you do with them and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.