Commerzbank Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 9, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with the people from the sales team: Basic questions regarding the CV -with a high focus on how i got interested in finance. Basic brain teaser and basic mental math skills for calculation on different products payoffs. Basic option theory skills are required. Interview with the coordinator: more focus on my personality and soft skills.

Interview Questions

• basic brain teaser, then describe and calculate different scenarios of given products   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank.

Interview

The phone interview lasted for 50 min and was mainly about maths and numerical computation, like conditional expectation, Brownian motion, Monte-Carlo etc. Also there were some softer questions like 'Walk me through your CV', 'Why are you applying this position" etc. Nothing too tricky in the soft questions and some were meant to warm you up.

Interview Questions

• How do you generate two random number with a given correlation?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Directly contacted a manager by sending my resume. Called me back during the week and asked directly some brain teasers related to the pricing of structured derivatives. Then he presented the jop et the team in which I would be working.

Interview Questions

• A client has got £10M now. His son is 13. He wants to give him 10M£ in 5 years guaranteed. So the bank suggest him to enter a simple structured product with a ZCB and digital option. Which would be the amount of the binary option coupon? risk free interest rate = 1% Commission = 1%   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

The Interview was very technical in nature. Although the office building and interview room feels cold and unfriendly which can be intimidating, the interviewer was friendly and personable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected as the job spec was very clear in terms of what skills and knowledge they were looking for.   Answer Question

Senior Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews very well conducted and uninformal

Negotiation

rather rigid in remuneration package fixing

Equity Derivatives Flow Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied through refferal. Was contacted by email 1 month later. Very slow process. Expect to meet around 15 persones.

Word atmosphere.

Interest Rate Structuring Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Have met four guys lasting 2 hours. First two guys barely asked any questions but just made a short introduction about the program. 1st guy asked if I've learned any exotic interest rate products, such as the Bermudan Swaption... 2nd guy asked what the discount factor is with the fixed rate of IRS is given. 3rd guy asked why FIC, why structuring and what my goal is. 4th guy asked some competency questions, like my experience working with difficult people.

Interview Questions

• exotic interest rate products.. I haven't learned any of these during my master's program   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

I've got an offer for trading position in exotic equity derivatives from ancient students of my university. A phone interview was arranged by mail. The guy phoned in time and asked my to tell about me, why this position and enterprise. Than there were few probability questions, some simple math and mental calculations which followed by talking about basic options theory and some exotics. It took 30 minutes. The guy was very nice.

Interview Questions

• How to hedge an at-the-money digital call by vanilla options?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Commerzbank (City of London, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

6 interviews, where 3 were on the phone, 2 meetings with the team and the last with the head of trading

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not existing

Fixed Income Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commerzbank (London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview for graduate training position began with online application together. As well as stating why you would like to work for the company and answering a couple of technical questions, a verbal test and maths test was administered. Next stage interviews were conducted by senior members of the staff at their company offices

Interview Questions

• In the current economic climate, where would you invest?   Answer Question