Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in July 2015.

Interview

Just recently invited to the in person group and 1 on 1 interview. First step of application process was the normal details and then a money counting test. They would give you a monetary value and you would select the correct notes/coins required to total the amount given. Next step was a phone interview/screening. Followed by an online personality test. Last step is the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond to help a customer? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I didn't make it through, but the interviewers were nice, and the talent acquisition team was responsive and kept me in loop while they were making their decision. I didn't have the right background for the job, so the outcome did not seem unfair to me.

Interview Questions

• General background, one technical problem related to Machine Learning and Optimization. It was an open ended problem.   1 Answer

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

HR interview/screening over the phone. I then Interviewed with 2 General Manager's. I was then asked to complete Online testing. The online testing was behavioral as well as skills based. I was then asked to interview with 2 more General Manager's.

Interview Questions

• Why this role? There are heaps of other jobs out there ... why THIS role?   Answer Question

Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an initial meeting with HR person who had approached me via LinkedIn, then two-person interview about my background with a simple exercise, then there was a capability interview where I had to prepare in 3 hours (in my own time) some stuff which was presented in interview. Also had to present a bit of a portfolio of previous work.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tricky stakeholders   1 Answer

Technology Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews for me. The first one was very technical and the second one was more around who I am and my cultural fit. My advice is to really study your references before the technical interview. Overall, the experience was very pleasant and the interviewers made me feel very valued.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Application: The online application process was very straight forward. Interview: Prior to the interview I was given comprehensive information as well as additional material to review. This really helped me prepare for the interview. The talent acquisition team contacted me regularly to keep me informed of my progress throughout the recruitment process. They also gave me useful information prior to my interview and let me know they were contactable should I have any questions. This was a very friendly and welcoming first impression that was later reaffirmed during my interviews. I had two interviews, both with warm and friendly staff who were interested in not only what I could bring to CBA but also what I was looking for and what motivated me. Overall: Overall this was an easy and quick process. The talent acquisition team were always on hand, ready to help and offer guidance through the entire process. The warm and friendly staff were a true example of the wonderful culture CBA has built and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were typical behavioural based questions that related to the key skills required for the role.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

First an online assessment consists of two parts: multiple choice behavioral based questions focused on customer services, and money counting. Then after telephone screening regarding general employment status, another online personality questionnaire requires rating like ten statements presented in different ways over and over again. Final stage is a group interview section doing retail banking customer service scenario role play, and followed by a short one on one interview with branch managers. If successful a background check is also needed.

Interview Questions

• What is the differentiating strength you could bring into the team?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Great interview process, was thoroughly impressed with the technical knowledge of my interviewers. Great HR staff too, provided good feedback. Unfortunately missed out on the role due to lack of experience in certain areas, which I'm working on improving before applying again.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you see arising from transitioning from academia to a bank environment.   Answer Question

Financial Advice Assessment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online and 3 weeks later receive email to arrange preferred time to phone interview. Very nice lady to interview about behavioral questions. it start with any conflict of interest with this role and answer situation question. It took around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your previous manager say about you   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online Application: -Standard questions Online Testing: -Standard 3 part-test Phone Interview: -What was the best advice you ever received? Assessment Centre -Interview with line manager -Varies greatly depending on who you get as interviewer. -Protip: "financial services" encompasses a vast range of divisions which are all very different from each other. Find out what they are, what they do and perhaps which one(s) you're interested in -Group case study Overall process was not too bad. If they promise to get back to you by a certain date don't be alarmed if you hear nothing from them. They're sometimes late. But they will call you whether or not you were successful (at least after the assessment centre. To give you some feedback on how you might improve. Which is nice of them)

Interview Questions

• What was the best advice you ever received?   1 Answer