Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Application stage: Completion of online cash counting

First stage: Phone interview by HR Team: questions of how to handle stress, sales experiences, knowledge of company

Second stage: Face to face interview with branch manager: includes role play and several behavioral questions

Final stage: Review by third party for: resume, past work experiences and police checks

Interview Questions
    • Give us me an example of a time where you were put into a situation of great amounts of stress, how did you cope?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Takes 2 rounds. in the past, was fast and simple. as long as you get to the 2nd round, 90 percent is confirmed. Nowadays, with the new hiring manager, all has to be 'Cheap & Good'. interviews many candidates and finally choose the one with lowest asking pay.

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Two weeks after I applied, I received an invitation to do a few SHL tests. Two weeks after that I was scheduled for my first interview two weeks later. I attended 3 case study interviews within two weeks and with various stakeholders. Some questions about my experience were also asked. They got back to me a bit over a week after my last interview. I had a catch up with the manager and was offered a role shortly after.

The case study interviews do not require much preparation but my advice is to maintain composure even if you don't feel in control, clarify any questions you are struggling with and ask for guidance if you need it. There were times I felt not in control and anxiety/pressure to perform. Overall, the people I dealt with were understanding.

Senior Business Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in October 2014.

Applied online, and after two weeks had a call from HR for an interview with two senior managers. Questions included tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, career history, ability to handle difficult situations and communication with stakeholders.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to go to a new country where the bank has acquired a company, and you can't find any person to help you within the business unit you're supposed to gather information from. What would you do?   Answer Question

IT Summer Vac Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Had to go through two online tests and then was invited for a phone interview before progressing to assessment centre. Overall a very positive experience and the recruiters made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to go with your gut rather than with evidence   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Invited for a phone interview after passing an online assessment which consisted of behavioural, mathematical and comprehension tests. Interviewed by two hiring managers who are in the credit department. Questions include why you want this job and what do you know about our bank. Next was presented with a business case study which was a bit tricky to answer over the phone. You will need to use a calculator to answer the questions which are simple calculations of profit, revenue and costs. Outcome of phone interview- did not pass the business case study

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

Test based interview involving money counting test and a series of scenarios. Scenarios were simple, practical examples of how to understand and approach the needs of customers. The testing was generic and banal

Colonial First State Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

online application, online test, phone interview, followed by an assessment centre. The online tests consists of three parts, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Each of the part tool about half an hour to complete. The phone interview was mostly behavioural based, no technical questions asked. It was only about 20 minutes.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

Online application, 2x online tests, phone interview and assessment centre. Very fast to update candidates. My advice is to make sure you show your personality during the process, as well as demonstrating your capability.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was quite longer than they usually are.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

My entire application process only took 4 weeks until I was offered the assessment centre notice. From there they took about 48 hours to call me with an offer- amazing. They kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and all the HR reps I spoke to were really very nice. An added bonus was that we were given a tour of the entire office building!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you were mentored or mentored someone else.   Answer Question