Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

3.1

Financial Advice Assessor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

I searched the job on its website and applied for it. After 1 month, HR sent me an email to book an phone interview. After the interview, they send me a SHL test link and asked me to finish it within 72 hours. Got a call from HR said I did well in SHL test and invited me to attend the Assessment Centre.

Interview Questions

• Any industry related work experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I was directly contacted by the HR at CBA and was after a brief conversation regarding previous experience/skill sets was assigned a date for the next phone interview. The phone interview was quite straight forward (mostly behavioural) and a positive experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Application stage: Completion of online cash counting

First stage: Phone interview by HR Team: questions of how to handle stress, sales experiences, knowledge of company

Second stage: Face to face interview with branch manager: includes role play and several behavioral questions

Final stage: Review by third party for: resume, past work experiences and police checks

Interview Questions

• Give us me an example of a time where you were put into a situation of great amounts of stress, how did you cope?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume directly to the branch manager from the branch and got the chance to be interview. Still they started from introduce yourself questions, then asked your strength and weakness, these kind of general questions. The payed lots of attention to your understanding of excellent customer service and sales skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weakness? What is exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for the Graduate Lawyer position. Started with a 15 min phone interview that consisted of behavioural type questions. The next stage was a 1 hour interview in their CBD office. Basically just used the STAR interview model. The last step was a final interview that focused on my legal drafting experience.

Interview Questions

• When have you overcome a difficult situation and what skills did you use to achieve this.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. The first interview was focused on technical skills and personality. Second interview was with Executive Manager. The process was fairly simple and lasted for about 3 weeks. After second Interview, I was offered a job and couple of weeks to join the team.

Interview Questions

• How I responded when my project was in critical situations?   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

1. Find Job Vac from website posted by CBA directly, filled online application form and sent e-CV to CBA HR websystem

2. more than 2 weeks, the first phone call coming in from HR, background profile check

3. 2 hrs online technical testing

4. 2 round of technical interview

5. 1 round of manager interview

6. after roughly 1.5 weeks interview process(step 3 - step 5), got HR oral offer

Interview Questions

• subjective questions from manager interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer they given me is fair compare my previous income level, so accept it, then plan to use my real performance to gain more

MT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in December 2014.

Interview

Initial communications: calls then email confirmation
    Documents preparation: normal but on the stricter side--diploma, transcript, ID
    Number of interviews: several stages, 2 in the 1st stage--written test, then verbal interview
    Perception of the people: high strung and hostile resulting in an electric ambiance but covered with smiling artifice
    Office: comfortable facilities and amenities as only prestigious MNCs. bias to hip and chic, trendy feel
    Work culture: team work emphasis, so God help you if you don't get along with one

Interview Questions

• None, but pay attention to the nonverbal cues that accompany the questions. The questions were politely worded, but the gestures that accompany them can be quite disrespectful.   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Takes 2 rounds. in the past, was fast and simple. as long as you get to the 2nd round, 90 percent is confirmed. Nowadays, with the new hiring manager, all has to be 'Cheap & Good'. interviews many candidates and finally choose the one with lowest asking pay.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I received an invitation to do a few SHL tests. Two weeks after that I was scheduled for my first interview two weeks later. I attended 3 case study interviews within two weeks and with various stakeholders. Some questions about my experience were also asked. They got back to me a bit over a week after my last interview. I had a catch up with the manager and was offered a role shortly after.

The case study interviews do not require much preparation but my advice is to maintain composure even if you don't feel in control, clarify any questions you are struggling with and ask for guidance if you need it. There were times I felt not in control and anxiety/pressure to perform. Overall, the people I dealt with were understanding.