Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

3 Interview rounds:
    1. Phone interview
    2. Psychometric testing / Group Assessment
    3. 1:1 interview w/ HR

Not much in terms of 'difficult' questions, no google-esque brainteasers. Talk about yourself and what you've done and you should be OK.

Mostly the questions were behavioural style, e.g. "tell me about a difficult situation that you needed to overcome", "tell me about a time when...." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions, probably do the STAR technique (situation, task, action, result) for all the behavioural type questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    Unable to really negotiate as a grad.

Summer Intern Interview

Work culture and people involved within the interview process were great, they were all very helpful. HR was probably one of the nicest and friendliest teams I've come across. It was fairly straight forward involving a group task (case study and presentation) then individual interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The individual interview is very unstructured and they may ask unexpected questions about your resume or choices   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I was approached and offered the role

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2013.

Really good communication throughout the process from the recruiters.
    3 x interviews before offer + 2 coffees.
    Moved quite quickly but that was OK, then offer process took a little while due to visa.
    Met relevant stakeholders before hand.
    Make sure you go with lots of questions to ask and do your research.

Interview Questions
    • How do you come up with good ideas?
      What is the best idea you have ever had?

Answer Question
    They aim to pay market rate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2013.

3 rounds of interviews, first round phone with standard HR questions and second round is a networking events. Final round is assessment day which includes behavior interviews and group activities.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too extraordinary, some of the behavior questions can be very detailed and grilling   Answer Question

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

One on one interview with divisional director and senior manager. Very friendly interview process.

Systems Engineer Interview

technical questions mainly

Salary negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2012.

I was headhunted and the interview was a 1 hour chat over the phone, then next day job was offered.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked other than describe what you are currently doing?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate salary. My advise is to negotiate, they will budge!

Visual Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2012.

I applied through a recruiter and had an online portfolio. The main person interviewing me was really late and I go chatting to the guy that was there instead. The main guy asked me if I could work nights as it was a startup culture and he was concerned that i had children and wouldn't be able to work late if needed. Luckily I had talented work that got me through the interview and secure me a role.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in June 2012.

Pretty quick, it toook all of aout 2 weeks from start to finish.
    Just a phone screen, then meeting the hiring manager and a final meeting with your Manager and their Manager.
    Once they decide, the contracts are sent out quite quickly. All in all its a decent and fair process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you delivered exceptional Customer service   Answer Question