Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in May 2012.

Interview Details – yes

Interview Question – professional development   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was headhunted and the interview was a 1 hour chat over the phone, then next day job was offered.

Interview Question – No questions asked other than describe what you are currently doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate salary. My advise is to negotiate, they will budge!

Systems Engineer Interview

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation

Dealer Interview

Dealer
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in February 2008.

Interview Details – Usual CV and 2 interviews but this was an internal role

Interview Question – What could you bring to the role   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very informal as the role was internal

Graduate Interview

Graduate
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Behavioural questions via internet. Includes english test, IQ and Maths.
2. Phone interview. Basic questions such as why you want to work here and such.
3. Group interview (including a repeat of actual behaviour test on the spot). This includes solving group cases about the typical group discussion question, such as you're stranded in an island and which items you would want to take and why.
4. One on one interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was during the one on one with the hiring manager relating to the future position and how you'll contribute.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in May 2010.

Interview Details – Single 30 minute interview by 2 Programme Managers including eventual supervisor

Interview Question – Is this resume all true?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non existant after the interview

Mobile Banker Interview

Mobile Banker
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in April 2008.

Interview Details – My experience is slightly different to the regular hiring process as I was recommended by a friend already employed in the organisation. Therefore, only one interview with the sales manager was required.

Interview Question – Please outline a 3 month, 6 month and 12 month plan and provide approximate estimates of revenue/profit and outline what actions are required to achieve your stated goal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was available within certain limits

Personal Banking Manager Interview

Personal Banking Manager
Canberra (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in June 2010.

Interview Details – - 1 on 1 Interview.
- Panel Interview
- HR Interview
- Medical/ Drug Test

Interview Question – Why are you willing to move to Australia for work and what about your family back home?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Security Consultant
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in January 2008.

Interview Details – Two interviews and talked mainly about technology and culture.

Referals from trusted peopel so the second interview was over a beer at the pub.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficualt IT situation you have been in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Added 10% to everything and got it.

Change Manager Interview

Change Manager
Sydney (Australia)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in October 2011.

Interview Details – the process was really quick and easy. I enrolled with an agency, and they gave me the interview details with someone from HR and my now boss. There was then a second interview with my now boss, and her colleague. Then an offer was made. Very simple and easy.

Interview Question – Lets do a role play. I am a project manager and you have to sell the benefits of change management to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes I was able to negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth Bank of Australia