Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.9

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

Test based interview involving money counting test and a series of scenarios. Scenarios were simple, practical examples of how to understand and approach the needs of customers. The testing was generic and banal

Colonial First State Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

online application, online test, phone interview, followed by an assessment centre. The online tests consists of three parts, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Each of the part tool about half an hour to complete. The phone interview was mostly behavioural based, no technical questions asked. It was only about 20 minutes.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

Online application, 2x online tests, phone interview and assessment centre. Very fast to update candidates. My advice is to make sure you show your personality during the process, as well as demonstrating your capability.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was quite longer than they usually are.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

My entire application process only took 4 weeks until I was offered the assessment centre notice. From there they took about 48 hours to call me with an offer- amazing. They kept me in the loop throughout the entire process and all the HR reps I spoke to were really very nice. An added bonus was that we were given a tour of the entire office building!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you were mentored or mentored someone else.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

3 Interview rounds:
    1. Phone interview
    2. Psychometric testing / Group Assessment
    3. 1:1 interview w/ HR

Not much in terms of 'difficult' questions, no google-esque brainteasers. Talk about yourself and what you've done and you should be OK.

Mostly the questions were behavioural style, e.g. "tell me about a difficult situation that you needed to overcome", "tell me about a time when...." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions, probably do the STAR technique (situation, task, action, result) for all the behavioural type questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    Unable to really negotiate as a grad.

Summer Intern Interview

Work culture and people involved within the interview process were great, they were all very helpful. HR was probably one of the nicest and friendliest teams I've come across. It was fairly straight forward involving a group task (case study and presentation) then individual interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The individual interview is very unstructured and they may ask unexpected questions about your resume or choices   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I was approached and offered the role

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2013.

Really good communication throughout the process from the recruiters.
    3 x interviews before offer + 2 coffees.
    Moved quite quickly but that was OK, then offer process took a little while due to visa.
    Met relevant stakeholders before hand.
    Make sure you go with lots of questions to ask and do your research.

Interview Questions
    • How do you come up with good ideas?
      What is the best idea you have ever had?

Answer Question
    They aim to pay market rate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2013.

3 rounds of interviews, first round phone with standard HR questions and second round is a networking events. Final round is assessment day which includes behavior interviews and group activities.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too extraordinary, some of the behavior questions can be very detailed and grilling   Answer Question

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

One on one interview with divisional director and senior manager. Very friendly interview process.