Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

HR interview/screening over the phone. I then Interviewed with 2 General Manager's. I was then asked to complete Online testing. The online testing was behavioral as well as skills based. I was then asked to interview with 2 more General Manager's.

Interview Questions

• Why this role? There are heaps of other jobs out there ... why THIS role?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Three 30 minute interviews. 1st interview - with Manager and Analyst of the team. Background, skills, culture fit. 2nd interview - with Executive Manager. Estimation & more technical questions. Probed into answers. 3rd interview - with General Manager. More informal, culture fit interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the number of lamp poles between Random Location X and Random Location Y. Explain your thought process.   Answer Question

Design Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an initial meeting with HR person who had approached me via LinkedIn, then two-person interview about my background with a simple exercise, then there was a capability interview where I had to prepare in 3 hours (in my own time) some stuff which was presented in interview. Also had to present a bit of a portfolio of previous work.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tricky stakeholders   1 Answer

Technology Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews for me. The first one was very technical and the second one was more around who I am and my cultural fit. My advice is to really study your references before the technical interview. Overall, the experience was very pleasant and the interviewers made me feel very valued.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Application: The online application process was very straight forward. Interview: Prior to the interview I was given comprehensive information as well as additional material to review. This really helped me prepare for the interview. The talent acquisition team contacted me regularly to keep me informed of my progress throughout the recruitment process. They also gave me useful information prior to my interview and let me know they were contactable should I have any questions. This was a very friendly and welcoming first impression that was later reaffirmed during my interviews. I had two interviews, both with warm and friendly staff who were interested in not only what I could bring to CBA but also what I was looking for and what motivated me. Overall: Overall this was an easy and quick process. The talent acquisition team were always on hand, ready to help and offer guidance through the entire process. The warm and friendly staff were a true example of the wonderful culture CBA has built and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were typical behavioural based questions that related to the key skills required for the role.   Answer Question

Financial Advice Assessment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online and 3 weeks later receive email to arrange preferred time to phone interview. Very nice lady to interview about behavioral questions. it start with any conflict of interest with this role and answer situation question. It took around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your previous manager say about you   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online Application: -Standard questions Online Testing: -Standard 3 part-test Phone Interview: -What was the best advice you ever received? Assessment Centre -Interview with line manager -Varies greatly depending on who you get as interviewer. -Protip: "financial services" encompasses a vast range of divisions which are all very different from each other. Find out what they are, what they do and perhaps which one(s) you're interested in -Group case study Overall process was not too bad. If they promise to get back to you by a certain date don't be alarmed if you hear nothing from them. They're sometimes late. But they will call you whether or not you were successful (at least after the assessment centre. To give you some feedback on how you might improve. Which is nice of them)

Interview Questions

• What was the best advice you ever received?   1 Answer

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

3 panel interview. Always with at least 1 female. I had 2 General Managers and a female HR Manager. After successfully completing the interview I was invited to complete an online psychometric assessment. Which covered personality, reading, listening, numerical and pattern problem solving. This was very challenging. I felt the process was very thorough and I encourage all applicant to ensure they prepare and get to know as much as possible about the role and company beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Customer centricity is very important to the bank. What is something you have done that demonstrated customer centricity.   1 Answer
    • The bank focuses on core values and capabilities, including: Customer focus, delivering results, integrity, collaboration, team work. Most of the questions focuses on these topics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward. They put a very competitor offer in front of me. No need for negotiation.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then after 3 weeks I got an email with the link of interview questioner. It was online test and I had a limited time to answer each question. Pass mark was 80+% and I got 85%. However after more 2 weeks they rejected my application.

Interview Questions

• Detail question(80questions) about oop which is not usful in real world application   1 Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position, had a phone interview with someone from the HR team who sent me for an interview with 2 other PA's the following week. The next day I had an interview with the GM and was offered the job on the spot. It took a week to get me set up in the system but within 2 weeks I had applied, gone through the interview process and commenced employment.