Commonwealth Bank of Australia Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Colonial First State Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

online application, online test, phone interview, followed by an assessment centre. The online tests consists of three parts, verbal, numerical and logical reasoning. Each of the part tool about half an hour to complete. The phone interview was mostly behavioural based, no technical questions asked. It was only about 20 minutes.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2014.

Online application, 2x online tests, phone interview and assessment centre. Very fast to update candidates. My advice is to make sure you show your personality during the process, as well as demonstrating your capability.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was quite longer than they usually are.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

3 Interview rounds:
    1. Phone interview
    2. Psychometric testing / Group Assessment
    3. 1:1 interview w/ HR

Not much in terms of 'difficult' questions, no google-esque brainteasers. Talk about yourself and what you've done and you should be OK.

Mostly the questions were behavioural style, e.g. "tell me about a difficult situation that you needed to overcome", "tell me about a time when...." etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not many unexpected questions, probably do the STAR technique (situation, task, action, result) for all the behavioural type questions and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    Unable to really negotiate as a grad.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2013.

Really good communication throughout the process from the recruiters.
    3 x interviews before offer + 2 coffees.
    Moved quite quickly but that was OK, then offer process took a little while due to visa.
    Met relevant stakeholders before hand.
    Make sure you go with lots of questions to ask and do your research.

Interview Questions
    • How do you come up with good ideas?
      What is the best idea you have ever had?
        Answer Question
    They aim to pay market rate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2013.

3 rounds of interviews, first round phone with standard HR questions and second round is a networking events. Final round is assessment day which includes behavior interviews and group activities.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too extraordinary, some of the behavior questions can be very detailed and grilling   Answer Question

Operational Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

One on one interview with divisional director and senior manager. Very friendly interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in August 2012.

I was headhunted and the interview was a 1 hour chat over the phone, then next day job was offered.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked other than describe what you are currently doing?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate salary. My advise is to negotiate, they will budge!

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in June 2012.

Pretty quick, it toook all of aout 2 weeks from start to finish.
    Just a phone screen, then meeting the hiring manager and a final meeting with your Manager and their Manager.
    Once they decide, the contracts are sent out quite quickly. All in all its a decent and fair process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you delivered exceptional Customer service   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online – interviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in May 2012.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Commonwealth Bank of Australia in October 2011.

the process was really quick and easy. I enrolled with an agency, and they gave me the interview details with someone from HR and my now boss. There was then a second interview with my now boss, and her colleague. Then an offer was made. Very simple and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Lets do a role play. I am a project manager and you have to sell the benefits of change management to me.   Answer Question
    yes I was able to negotiate.