Commonwealth Edison Interview Questions

2.8

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth Edison in October 2013.

I met the human resources team at the internship fair that was held at Northern Illinois University. The team offered me an interview same day . after the interview the team processed my application and made the decision by offering me a full time internship position. the process was very smooth and I felt comfortable working with the hiring team.

N/A

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Commonwealth Edison in November 2011.

I am a undergraduate college student and met Com Ed at an internship fair on campus. After I gave them my resume and talked to a representative they asked me if I wanted an interview that evening. Of course I accepted and it was not like any other interview I have ever had. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and they never once asked me about myself, interests, or qualifications. The interview consisted of 4 questions that were like a personality test. One of the questions i remember them asking me was "When was a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker, boss, or employee. What did you disagree about and what did you do to resolve it?" This may seem like a standard interview question, but they have a certain format for how you have to respond to the question. I cant remember what they called it but i think it was called a STAR format. Basically, you need to start my stating what the problem was, I cant remember what the second part was, Then you need to describe what action YOU took in resolving the problem, and finally what the result was from the action that you took. They score your answers out of 5 points and I guess if you get a high enough score they call you back. After the question they tell you about the company and position for about a half hour then ask you f you have any question. I asked them when I would find out if i got the internship and they said that regardless if I got it or not they would call me and let me know before Christmas. I never heard back from them. Guess I didn't answer their questions well enough. Maybe you will.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker, boss, or employee. What did you do to resolve it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Commonwealth Edison in October 2010.

There is an initial test, then an interview. Later you are required to due a drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer that called you a derogatory name?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Commonwealth Edison in September 2009.

I had a friend's dad refer me to the company and when I attended the career fair at my university I was asked a few quick questions, took my resume and ask me to come in for an interview the next day. The next day I went in for the interview and there were a lot of people for the same interview. The actually interview was pretty ordinary and took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Worked for Commonwealth Edison? Contribute to the Community!