Commonwealth Financial Network Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth Financial Network

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network.

The process itself was very easy. There was a phone screening with the company recruiter. I was then invited for an on-site interview. Everyone was extremely friendly and the company is rated very high by its employees. It would have been a great opportunity, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. I have a couple of complaints about my experience. First, they asked for my date of birth right before I interviewed which I declined to give for obvious reasons.They made some lame excuse about needing it for my background check because they are an advisory firm. I have never had to provide this information prior to being hired and I have been in the securities industry my whole career. I am still in shock about that one. The other complaint that I have is that I never heard another word from them about the job after the interview (not even a robot reject email). I followed up with everyone that I met with the very next day to thank them for their time. I find this to be inconsiderate and a bit classless. There is no excuse for such rudeness and it totally negated my initial impression of what a great group of people they were. It takes two minutes to fire off a rejection email or make a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Basic assessment questions related to the job itself. I appreciated not having to answer all those behavior questions like, "what is your greatest weakness?" They do have you fill out a psychometric test just prior to going into the interview.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

In general the interview process was average. I met with the hiring manager and HR.

Where things went awry is when the hiring manager asked me to e-mail additional creative samples, but failed to tell me what the e-mail data transfer limit was. I promptly sent my "thank you" e-mails and attached the samples to it.

Several weeks went by and I get a distressed call from the recruiter who got me the interview; I was told to the effect of: "HR is getting annoyed and feels that I am holding up the process because I haven't sent the materials." I explained that I had. So, with a sense of urgency I hustled and printed out the samples then sped overt the offices and hand delivered it.

Long story short, they look into it and it turns out that the attachment was filtered out, but it did show that I sent it. I didn't get an offer, nor did I get an apology from their end.

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in November 2013.

After submitting resume and cover letter I never heard back for four months. HR calls me up out of the blue one day asking technical questions then wanting to set up an interview for later this week. I did not even remember who they were or that I had applied for a position there (over 4 months ago...).
    I go in and first thing they have me do is fill out half a dozen sheets of personal information followed by a psych-eval[aka Personality exam). It gave me a headache.
    Then HR rep interviewed me to see what kind of person I was. Then I interviewed with two IT guys regarding job skills.
    I never heard back from them after the interview. Ever.

Document Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network.

I started out as a part time temporary worker. Enjoyed the environment and corporate philosophy. Eventually applied for permanent full time employment within the department. Had one group interview (to evaluate team work potential), one in person interview with department supervisor and manager and another interview with H.R.

Service Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in January 2012.

Did a phone interview and then had an onsite interview with two managers of the call center. The questions were to the point and allowed me ample opportunity to show how I could fit the position. The company seems oriented towards younger workers. I am in my 50's and no one I spoke to, met with or saw at the jobsite appeared to be over their 20's or 30's. It took me six weeks to get an answer as to where I stood in the hiring process. They said that they went with another candidate although the job posting is still online (as it has been since July 2011, when I first noticed it!!)

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over the two other candidates?   View Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in February 2008.

The process was typical, meet with the head of HR, and go through a traditional interview process, which included a behavioral assessment. Second, meet with the hiring managers, analyst, and senior team to discuss my background, strategy, investment methodology, MPT, VAR, and other metrics on managing money and minimizing risk.

Interview Questions
    • How do you view MPT( Modern Portfolio Theory) and its application?   Answer Question