Commonwealth Financial Network

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Specialist Interview

Help Desk Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in November 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting resume and cover letter I never heard back for four months. HR calls me up out of the blue one day asking technical questions then wanting to set up an interview for later this week. I did not even remember who they were or that I had applied for a position there (over 4 months ago...).
I go in and first thing they have me do is fill out half a dozen sheets of personal information followed by a psych-eval[aka Personality exam). It gave me a headache.
Then HR rep interviewed me to see what kind of person I was. Then I interviewed with two IT guys regarding job skills.
I never heard back from them after the interview. Ever.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network

Interview Details – In general the interview process was average. I met with the hiring manager and HR.

Where things went awry is when the hiring manager asked me to e-mail additional creative samples, but failed to tell me what the e-mail data transfer limit was. I promptly sent my "thank you" e-mails and attached the samples to it.

Several weeks went by and I get a distressed call from the recruiter who got me the interview; I was told to the effect of: "HR is getting annoyed and feels that I am holding up the process because I haven't sent the materials." I explained that I had. So, with a sense of urgency I hustled and printed out the samples then sped overt the offices and hand delivered it.

Long story short, they look into it and it turns out that the attachment was filtered out, but it did show that I sent it. I didn't get an offer, nor did I get an apology from their end.

Document Services Interview

Document Services
Waltham, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network.

Interview Details – I started out as a part time temporary worker. Enjoyed the environment and corporate philosophy. Eventually applied for permanent full time employment within the department. Had one group interview (to evaluate team work potential), one in person interview with department supervisor and manager and another interview with H.R.

Interview Question – So long ago that I don't recall. Sorry.   Answer Question

Service Center Associate Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in January 2012.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview and then had an onsite interview with two managers of the call center. The questions were to the point and allowed me ample opportunity to show how I could fit the position. The company seems oriented towards younger workers. I am in my 50's and no one I spoke to, met with or saw at the jobsite appeared to be over their 20's or 30's. It took me six weeks to get an answer as to where I stood in the hiring process. They said that they went with another candidate although the job posting is still online (as it has been since July 2011, when I first noticed it!!)

Interview Question – Why should we choose you over the two other candidates?   View Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Commonwealth Financial Network in February 2008.

Interview Details – The process was typical, meet with the head of HR, and go through a traditional interview process, which included a behavioral assessment. Second, meet with the hiring managers, analyst, and senior team to discuss my background, strategy, investment methodology, MPT, VAR, and other metrics on managing money and minimizing risk.

Interview Question – How do you view MPT( Modern Portfolio Theory) and its application?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Commonwealth Financial Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commonwealth Financial Network interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Commonwealth Financial Network employees and interview candidates.