Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation

www.csiro.au
  www.csiro.au

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation

Vacation Student Interview

Submit online application, but I contacted the project supervisor beforehand through email to get him to know me. I wrote detailed motivation and showed my strong interest to the project. Got called for an offer in early October without any interviews. They are not as competitive as internships hosted by companies.

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in August 2012.

Submitted my application online,got the usual automated response.However,it took a very long time for them to take any action. I had given up and thought they had already recruited someone, but then an email said they apologise for delay....and were reviewing applications.It took several weeks,and then I was invited to an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I told them clearly about my strong industry experience credentials and ability to connect the organisation with industry as my forte, rather than actually doing research,since I had stopped doing research and was in industry for several years. Note that in the job description,they had stated that they were prepared to consider both types of candidates (i.e with strong research experience or strong connections with industry,to create linkage with industry). But most of the interview was to give examples of research I had done recently.   View Answer

Worked for Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation? Contribute to the Community!