Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
csiro.au Canberra, Australia 5000+ Employees

Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vacation Student Interview

Vacation Student

Interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation

Interview Details – Submit online application, but I contacted the project supervisor beforehand through email to get him to know me. I wrote detailed motivation and showed my strong interest to the project. Got called for an offer in early October without any interviews. They are not as competitive as internships hosted by companies.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Research Director Interview

Research Director
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online - interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online,got the usual automated response.However,it took a very long time for them to take any action. I had given up and thought they had already recruited someone, but then an email said they apologise for delay....and were reviewing applications.It took several weeks,and then I was invited to an interview.

Interview Question – I told them clearly about my strong industry experience credentials and ability to connect the organisation with industry as my forte, rather than actually doing research,since I had stopped doing research and was in industry for several years. Note that in the job description,they had stated that they were prepared to consider both types of candidates (i.e with strong research experience or strong connections with industry,to create linkage with industry). But most of the interview was to give examples of research I had done recently.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation employees and interview candidates.