Commonwealth of Massachusetts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2014

2.6

Policy Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in July 2014.

Applied in commonwealth website, soon later I was contacted via email to set up and appointment. After they appointment they asked that I submit a writing sample. It's only been a day or two since the interview and I was told to expect a call or email for either a second interview or a job offer two weeks from now because they are still interviewing people. The interviewers were really professional and easy to talk to and the questions were fair. Hope I get the job. At one point during the interview I got a two thumbs up from the chief of staff. Seems like a good sign to me.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of your current job do you enjoy the most and then are you a fast learner   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Usually you get an email or a call to arrange an interview after you have applied. Typically weeks later. Occasionally less. Often there is only one interview with a group of people. There are no special tests but you will need to pass a CORI.

Interview Questions
    • They do ask the same questions of every candidate and then rate you.   Answer Question

Worcester Dining Commons Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amherst, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in October 2012.

They hired students with work-study, since it was one of UMass Amherst's Dining Commons. Basically if you aren't allergic to anything or have a criminal history they hire you if they have positions open.

Victim Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in May 2013.

Interned for a semester and applied when I graduated. Interviewed two times with middle management. Personality interview.

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Called in and sat for several interviews. Sat with a panel that ranged from 3 to as many as 10 people from the agency that asked about 10 questions. Questions were about disabilities, importance of diversity, getting along with co-workers, job placement and development and rehab counseling. Some questions were behavioral and you were given a scenario and asked to discuss what would you do. Interviewers are matter of fact and generally unfriendly. I was told to expect this coming into it because it was done to minimize bias.

Interview Questions
    • May be asked about protocol, policy and procedure. If you lack professional work experience these may be hard questions to answer off the cuff.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in March 2013.

Lengthy and needlessly drawn out. Grueling experience. Several different types - individual 7 panel. Process took several months.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing extraordinary given the job, requirements, and research.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Online application (cover letter, resume, recommendations). Phone interview with intern coordinator, followed a few days later by a phone interview with the department head. Both lasted about 30 minutes and were friendly and conversational - questions were fairly standard (resume questions, career future, etc.) - nothing unexpected or very surprising.

Interview Questions
    • What part of the Governor's policy agenda are you most interested in?   Answer Question

PC Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in September 2013.

The hiring process was quick. I received a phone call from an agency asking if I was available to start on a project. I was then advised to show up a neutral location in Boston to sign my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There was none. I showed up where they told me to, filled out my paperwork and I was to ready to go.   Answer Question
    The agency told me the amount of money the job paid and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Submitted resume and was requested an interview within the same week. I went to the interview and got to meet the Inspector General and answer questions. I received the job by the end of the day. Just be very friendly. You were not expected to know everything the office does but you should look like you are very interested in sharing.

Interview Questions
    I was told compensation on the spot. Nonnegotiable

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

This process is very lengthy. Most of the time you never get a return call to notify you of the status. You have to be persistent by calling daily.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one. The people interviewing don't know how to interview a candidate. They can only ask 3 questions each. It is a pretty archaic process.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is what it is.

Worked for Commonwealth of Massachusetts? Contribute to the Community!