Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Policy Coordinator Interview

Policy Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in commonwealth website, soon later I was contacted via email to set up and appointment. After they appointment they asked that I submit a writing sample. It's only been a day or two since the interview and I was told to expect a call or email for either a second interview or a job offer two weeks from now because they are still interviewing people. The interviewers were really professional and easy to talk to and the questions were fair. Hope I get the job. At one point during the interview I got a two thumbs up from the chief of staff. Seems like a good sign to me.

Interview Question – What aspect of your current job do you enjoy the most and then are you a fast learner   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview Details – Usually you get an email or a call to arrange an interview after you have applied. Typically weeks later. Occasionally less. Often there is only one interview with a group of people. There are no special tests but you will need to pass a CORI.

Interview Question – They do ask the same questions of every candidate and then rate you.   Answer Question

Worcester Dining Commons Assistant Interview

Worcester Dining Commons Assistant
Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in October 2012.

Interview Details – They hired students with work-study, since it was one of UMass Amherst's Dining Commons. Basically if you aren't allergic to anything or have a criminal history they hire you if they have positions open.

Interview Question – When are you available to work?   Answer Question

Victim Advocate Interview

Victim Advocate
Springfield, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interned for a semester and applied when I graduated. Interviewed two times with middle management. Personality interview.

Interview Question – Who is the District Attorney?   Answer Question

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview Details – Called in and sat for several interviews. Sat with a panel that ranged from 3 to as many as 10 people from the agency that asked about 10 questions. Questions were about disabilities, importance of diversity, getting along with co-workers, job placement and development and rehab counseling. Some questions were behavioral and you were given a scenario and asked to discuss what would you do. Interviewers are matter of fact and generally unfriendly. I was told to expect this coming into it because it was done to minimize bias.

Interview Question – May be asked about protocol, policy and procedure. If you lack professional work experience these may be hard questions to answer off the cuff.   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in March 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy and needlessly drawn out. Grueling experience. Several different types - individual 7 panel. Process took several months.

Interview Question – Nothing extraordinary given the job, requirements, and research.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview Details – Online application (cover letter, resume, recommendations). Phone interview with intern coordinator, followed a few days later by a phone interview with the department head. Both lasted about 30 minutes and were friendly and conversational - questions were fairly standard (resume questions, career future, etc.) - nothing unexpected or very surprising.

Interview Question – What part of the Governor's policy agenda are you most interested in?   Answer Question

PC Deployment Specialist Interview

PC Deployment Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick. I received a phone call from an agency asking if I was available to start on a project. I was then advised to show up a neutral location in Boston to sign my paperwork.

Interview Question – There was none. I showed up where they told me to, filled out my paperwork and I was to ready to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The agency told me the amount of money the job paid and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and was requested an interview within the same week. I went to the interview and got to meet the Inspector General and answer questions. I received the job by the end of the day. Just be very friendly. You were not expected to know everything the office does but you should look like you are very interested in sharing.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told compensation on the spot. Nonnegotiable

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Interview Details – This process is very lengthy. Most of the time you never get a return call to notify you of the status. You have to be persistent by calling daily.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. The people interviewing don't know how to interview a candidate. They can only ask 3 questions each. It is a pretty archaic process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. It is what it is.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Commonwealth of Massachusetts

Worked for Commonwealth of Massachusetts? Contribute to the Community!