Commonwealth of Virginia

Commonwealth of Virginia Interview Questions

2.9

Business Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in February 2013.

- Got a call after submitting the resume. You need to fill out all the detail. My resume was all shining , however I just attached it to the online application and did not fill out the experience columns in the online application. Just said see my resume. HR called me and said that I will be interviewed only if I fill out experience columns in the online application. I did fill out and then called HR again.
    - Got called for in person interview
    - It was a panel interview
    - Interview time : 1 hour

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in November 2012.

After the closing date, HR Analyst called to set up the interview. It was a panel with 3 people, including the hiring manager. I was also asked to provide a writing sample after the interview, as the position occasionally has to write grant proposals.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. There was nothing unexpected. I did receive the interview questions a head of time while waiting for the panel to assemble.   View Answer
    Know your worth. VDH will only offer up to 10% increase. Nothing more. So just know that going into the interview. If you are looking for more than that, its not going to happen.

Economic Service Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinsville, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in September 2011.

The company website screened my application and found that I qualified for an interview. I received a letter that gave me a pre-set interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people with interview questions that I was told would be asked of all interviewee's and the panel would be writing down my answers. The intervew lasted about 25 minutes and their were 10-15 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Could I calculate food stamp benefits for a household of 2 people with their personal information provided? I did not know the Virginia rules and was told them so I could calculate this families benefits.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Compliance and Information Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in May 2011.

Interview with a panel of 3

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to DMAS that will have a positive result while addressing the mandated requirements in place.   View Answer
    Be prepared to discuss how you will address problems, how you will bring a positive attitude

Direct Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burkeville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burkeville, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in November 2010.

Very simple interview, you'll sit down with 2 or 3 human resource people, they'll hand you a piece of paper with 10 questions on it. its the same for pretty much everyone. they are your very average questions. why do you want to work here, why should we hire you, after a few days i got a call from their office offering me a job.

Interview Questions
    • What is VCBR?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work at VCBR?   View Answer
    • Why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to turn in an employee if you knew they were doing something wrong?   Answer Question
    • if resident A was arguing with resident B and seemed as if they were going to become violent, what would you do?   Answer Question
    everyone gets the same 10 questions so its not an individual interview. and in all honesty a crack head could brush their teeth and pass the interview.

Executive Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

interviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in April 2010.

Initial communication made via personal note to company president. Interviewed over two meeting periods, very thorough. Bulk of interview related to background experience and what the candidate could bring to the company in professional expertise. Interview discussion was not overly detailed technically, focused on potential company growth and strategy execution.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question related to how the candidate would execute the company growth strategy, given most likely scenario over the next several years. Much discussion about this topic, driving interview length to well over an hour. The question was well-placed, and the discussion was not only interesting but telling as to what was experienced over coming years.   Answer Question

ISO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in March 2010.

The interview turnaround after filling out the application was 2 days.

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in March 2012.

The process was overall good. The panel asked the usual interview questions and situation questions that applied to the job.

Water Permit Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Commonwealth of Virginia in June 2010.

Applied for the job online and was contacted by the Hiring Manager within 1 week. Was invited for a panel interview which focused on my technical skills. I was informed that out of 77 applicants I was 1 of 6 selected to interview.Aced the interview and was called within a week and invited for a 2nd interview. I was informed that it was between me and another candidate. This interview was more behavioral and also went well, I expected to be offered the position. A week later I recieved an email informing e I had not been selected.I was disappointed and requested feedback from the manager. he informed me that my qualifications were impressive however the other candidate seemed to better understand the position and also had glowing professional references. Overall it was a fair and positive experience, and I believe I would have enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions
    • What skills would you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with controversy. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question