Communispace

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Communispace in March 2012.

Interview Details – Selected for an interview along with over 30 seniors applying for the same position. I was Interviewed by 3 staff members in client services, they were all very nice and asked me fairly straight-forward behavior questions such as tell me about this internship you had and what you learned, how do you deal with competing priorities, how me an instance when you came up with a creative solution to a marketing problem, etc.

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation in any way because it was an internship.

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Communispace in January 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, the process took a little under three months. I was given a 20 minute phone interview and was asked to come in the following week for an in person interview. The second meeting was with three different employees, all at different levels in their career. After this, I was given the chance to move forward and was asked to do a content analysis powerpoint based on data given to me. I had the weekend to complete it and was then asked to come in for my final interview. Again, this step included meeting with three people.
In the end, I was not chosen. In the future I hope they make it clear to potential employees that they are not a good fit before they are led on for almost three months.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Communispace.

Interview Details – I had four interviews over the course of 8 weeks. Phone interview, in-office interview with three employees across the ranks, a content analysis exam, and an in-office Powerpoint presentation.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. They're looking for cultural fits as much as talent and past accomplishments.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Communispace.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a very polite and helpful hiring manager for a 20-30 min phone interview about 2 weeks after I sent in an application. About 10 min was questions about my experience/resume and then there was an overview about the position and their hiring process (they were trying to find people to start ASAP so it was pretty accelerated). At the end of the phone interview we set up an actual interview in their Boston office for the following week. I met with three employees, two upper level managers and one senior associate community manager. All of them were were actually a pleasure to speak with, and their passion was contagious.

Mostly asked questions about my internship experiences, and what they did as a company. A couple of questions repeated through each of the interviews and there were definitely some common themes (like communication with your team). Parts of the interviews were conducted in Spanish, and afterwards there was an hour-long demo project where I had to read a couple of pages of community members' responses to a question and analyze them (all in Spanish).

The only negatives about the process weren't that I didn't get hired (they found some people with more prior research experience) but the fact that I had to harass them to find out if I had been hired or not (they told me they'd get back to me in 48 hours, I called them after a week of hearing nothing). The hiring manager left me a message saying he'd be happy to give me some feedback on my interview (it was nice of them to give feedback), but it took 2 weeks of me leaving messages on his answering machine until I finally got in touch with him and got some feedback.

Moral of the story: Super responsive before the interview, but I was pretty much ignored afterwards. Not a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you knew you would not have enough time to finish your work and how you handled it.   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Communispace in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was originally contacted by HR via phone for a 20 minute phone interview. The following week, I completed a content analysis - which they use to see if you are actually capable of doing the work. Approximately two weeks after that, I had 1 on 1 interviews with four team members. Then, finally, two weeks after the I had to return to give a presentation and Q&A session in front of a panel, which was followed by a 1 on 1 with a CS VP.

Interview Questions

Watertown, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Communispace in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was extensive, but fair. After applying, I was contacted by HR. I went in for three interviews with three different people at various levels. Everyone was very friendly and honest about the expectations and work culture. After this, I had to complete an analysis test. I analyzed data and wrote a report on it. After they reviewed this, then I had to create a business presentation and go back in one more time to present it to a panel of employees. Although the process seemed intimidating at first, it was enjoyable since it allowed me to prove my capabilities aside from talking.

Interview Question – What do you know about Communispace?   Answer Question

Associate Community Manager Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Communispace in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview screening initially. Followed by analysis assessment then if graded high enough, brought in for 1:1 interview with several people.

Interview Question – Pretend I was a student in a classroom and I didn't know anything about the company - teach me about what they do.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Communispace

Worked for Communispace? Contribute to the Community!

Communispace Videos

Communispace – Why Work for Us?

Since the beginning, we’ve been focused on the success of our clients. We redefined customer engagement and insight—forever changing what it means to engage and intimately understand your customers. By partnering with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Communispace Associate Community Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Communispace employees and interview candidates.