Communispace

Relevance Date Difficulty

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Watertown, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Communispace in April 2009.

Interview Details – Straightforward behavioral interview, along with a written case study. The hiring process was very smooth and fast.

Interview Question – The written case study involved a few hours of work.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager
Watertown, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Communispace in January 2011.

Interview Details – I recently applied for a Community Manager position at Communispace. The process was demanding but thorough. It also gives you a clear idea about the company’s expectations and the kind of work you’ll be doing.

In my case, I had to go through three rounds. The first was a set of three half-hour interviews. The second involved a take-home test (a content analysis). And the third was a live presentation on a business topic.

We’ve all been told we are under-qualified or “don’t have enough experience” for a job when, in reality, we know we could do it quite well. This decision is usually—and somewhat arbitrarily—based on the dates of employment on a resume. Communispace, though, makes prospective employees do the job before actually getting hired.

It’s a tough process, but it’s truly best for everyone. You get a fair chance to prove yourself, and the company can base its choice on valid criteria.

If it weren’t for the content analysis or the presentation, I honestly don’t think I would have been hired. Sure, I have marketing experience, but my resume doesn’t scream consumer insight. But I was offered the chance to prove that my aptitudes make up for my experience.

Interview questions were definitely fair. They don’t try to trick you or throw you off—they just want to see how you think and solve problems. I was never asked, “Try to sell this pen to me.” That’s just awkward and generally unnecessary.

Apparently, a lot of prospects drop out when they hear about steps two and three. This weeds out the people who aren’t willing to go above and beyond.

Last but not least, HR is always in touch with you. They aren’t cryptic about the process. When I got the results for my test, they gave me constructive feedback. I then applied this feedback to my presentation (the third and final step).

Bottom line: The interview process is not easy but I found it to be a welcome challenge. They actually let you prove yourself. And, if you’re not up for an intense interview process, that’s probably a sign.

Interview Question – Completing a content analysis on data I had never seen in four hours.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Communispace

Worked for Communispace? Contribute to the Community!

Communispace Videos

Communispace – Why Work for Us?

Since the beginning, we’ve been focused on the success of our clients. We redefined customer engagement and insight—forever changing what it means to engage and intimately understand your customers. By partnering with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Communispace Community Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Communispace employees and interview candidates.