Communities In Schools

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Site Coordinator Interview

Site Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Communities In Schools.

Interview Details – It's easy & all one does is go over the resume.

Interview Question – What's your experience ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. The pay is/ was low.

Very Easy Interview

REC STAFF TEAM-UP Interview

REC STAFF TEAM-UP
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Communities In Schools in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked me what area of town was most convenient, if I had any previous experience with youth care, If I could provide my own transportation, and if there was any concern or worries when background screening is processed. I was contacted within 1-1/2 to 2 weeks and informed of the school that I would be working at. I was to be expecting a call from my school Project manager before within the waiting period. Met the school project manager and the Project manager would give an explanation on how the program works and what I was going to be doing within a regular school day. Very quick interview and quick turnaround.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was just told how much I would be making ($10.00/hr) and the hours I would work in the day (3hrs)

Site Coordinator Interview

Site Coordinator

Interview Details – You must send a cover letter and resume, you usually need to have a four year degree to qualify for a Site Coordinator.You are first interviewed over the phone by the executive director. Then you are interviewed by both the principal and director together in person. The qualities desired is one that is adaptable, organized, pleasant, upbeat and friendly. You have to be able to please, work with and connect with a wide range of people constantly.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Director of Development Interview

Associate Director of Development
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Communities In Schools in September 2008.

Interview Details – Had to fill out a stack of paperwork before being interviewed.
Easy interview. Brought in a Power Point presentation highlighting my professional experience and education.

I felt their mind was made up before I set foot in the door though.

Interview Question – What is your asking salary?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Youth Services Coordinator Interview

Youth Services Coordinator
Conroe, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Communities In Schools in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, consisted of basic questions about availability, work history and why you would be good for the position. In person interview involved a panel interview with principal and program coordinator. Interview consisted of basic interview questions plus what ideas you had for the campus and youth you would serve.

Interview Question – Name one program you would try to implement on campus.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor
Waco, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Communities In Schools in August 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very formal, but not too uptight and intimidating. It was actually quite a pleasant process. I applied by checking out their site online and then submitting the necessary forms and paperwork. The application is actually quite lengthy and tedious because it is for a tutoring job, and you'll be working with kids which require that you submit background checks and all this other info to make sure you aren't a child abuser, etc. A few days later, got the call for interview. Went in, and the lady who interviewed me was very nice, but firm. She was looking for someone who would be dedicated and passionate about educating children and helping them stay motivated and in school. After that interview, a day or two later, got an e-mail saying I got the job and the date for training/orientation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to get a girl to read books, but she hates reading?   Answer Question
  • How would you help out a student who struggles in math?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be very confident and passionate about education, especially since the students you'll be dealing with are at high-risk of dropout. They are looking for tutors who have qualities like patience, outgoing personality, and creativity in planning activities and education.

Development Officer Interview

Development Officer
Ardmore, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Communities In Schools in June 2008.

Interview Details – One-on-one interview with Executive Director followed by a panel interview.

Interview Question – Why work for us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was set by available grant funding. Grant writing is not for the meek at heart.

Student Advocate Interview

Student Advocate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Communities In Schools in February 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with senior management and then potential direct supervisor. everyone seemed friendly and they gave me time to shadow an employee for 1-2 days to see if the work was something i'd enjoy. I'd recommend that you be yourself and be honest about your experience. They aren;t always lookijng for someone with a lot of experience but rather someone who loves kids and will complete their job tasks. We often go above and beyond if we have the time.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Worked for Communities In Schools? Contribute to the Community!