Community College of Philadelphia Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Community College of Philadelphia

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

Interview process just ask some professional math questions, like pre-calculus, calculus and little further complicated math.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not willing to negotiate.

Academic Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

At first, the interview process was professional. I was given thorough details for the interview and waited two weeks for a reply. Then, I interviewed for the position. The process was underdeveloped, in regards to organization and execution. The climate was intimate but aloof for an academic environment.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, that is what worried me. However, there was one unexpected question in regards to external obligations and previous experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate anything. All salary requirements and program coordination was previously arranged, or so I thought.

Faculty Librarian (Full Time, Tenure-track) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Community College of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

For the first hour I was read a series of about 12 standardized questions related to the position, my background as a librarian, and the college community. After that I taught a mock 20 minute class in a computer classroom to the same panel. Bear in mind that about half the panel were other faculty that I either already worked with or had met. My main impression of the process was that it was not very transparent, that little flexibility was given to the search committee on how to elucidate the candidates. When I tried to "go deep" on a few of my answers I got the sense of some of the panel members shutting down. I felt that they had already made a decision not only about me but about the position itself.

Interview Questions

• Our student body is quite diverse in its makeup. How would you or do you handle diversity?   1 Answer