Community Education Centers Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.8

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Community Education Centers.

Interview

What they do is try to look for the ones who have schooled in this field and also have experience. Sometimes they do hire those without experience. They usually call within a couple months to a couple weeks. They are always hiring officers.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question I face is why is the inmate in here and the family is so upset and I can't tell them the reason.   Answer Question

Program Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Community Education Centers in December 2014.

Interview

I was called and asked to interview a few days later. Not really hard questions just asked about experience within the prison system and working with inmates. Also about counseling experience. Talk about experience with handling high profile clients or crisis situations. Also be prepared to discuss your counseling theories. The main thing they want to know is if you can handle the inmates.

I didn't feel it was for me.

Program Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Community Education Centers (Kearny, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was divided into two stages: 1. An initial interview with several members of the facility. 2. A demonstration of counseling skills, lecture skills, and clinical note taking.

The staff is very friendly and is very knowledgeable in the field.

Interview Questions

• How would you utilize Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in working with a resident that has intentions of doing deviant behavior.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was of no pressure. There was a discussion of benefits and how your salary could be increased.

Director, Employee Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Community Education Centers (Roseland, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed and offered the job on the same day based upon my experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There weren't any negotiations, they recruited me.

Medical Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Community Education Centers.

Interview

Interview was panel form including corporate officials

Interview Questions

• How do entend to keep your professional values   1 Answer

Better offer

Operations Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Community Education Centers (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. I applied on line with virtually no standard "prison guard" qualifications but a military background.

I received a call within 48 hours asking me if I could come in for an interview and if I could start their "new hire training" a week or two later.

I came in and interviewed with one of the assistant directors. It was obvious from the start that they needed bodies and that the job would be easy to get.

Everyone I spoke with was friendly and easy to communicate with. Once I passed the interview I was told I'd need to complete a physical and a drug test prior to my training.

Interview Questions

• You don't have any formal corrections training. What skills can you bring to the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay is $12.02 an hour and they haven't given a raise in 5 years.