Community Health Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.4

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Community Health Systems (Franklin, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I did not get the proper protocol and was looked over for a job I was almost guaranteed to fill. I was recommended by my manager to fill the security analyst position. we went out to lunch and they made me feel like I was the proper candidate. then I started to get reached over work wise and never got a explanation.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with threat intelligence tools.   1 Answer

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems.

Interview

Phone call first interview was pretty straight-forward nothing out the ordinary. After phone call second interview is scheduled at the facility with members of department staff and more direct work related questions nothing big out side if windows server questioning and VMWare stuff.

INSURANCE VERIFIER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems.

Interview

You are given a knowledge test. Its consist of medical terminology writing definitions for medical terms and math. It was a panel interview and only one person asks questions. It was awkward.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems (Franklin, TN).

Interview

Overall good experience and very professional. I applied for a couple different titles and had two interviews for two different departments for the company. Took 45 or so days, but it was expected as it was the End of Year and interviews aren't a priority for most departments. Initial phone interview was set up by an HR Recruiter who also did the screening for the position. Phone interview consisted of four people and asked a good amount of questions about past experiences and handling of situations. Second phase was a face-to-face interview that was one week afterwards (due to inclement weather and the office closing). Second interview was scheduled rather for 3 days after the phone interview. Face-to-face interview was a nine person panel consisting of team leaders and members. Deep rooted questions about Security and processes we asked as well as situation type questions. That portion took roughly 45 minutes to complete. Immediately following was an interview with the Director and Manager who had the open vacancy on the team. Again, more rooted questions and "feel out" questions mainly by the Director. Day after the interviews, I received an informal offer due to already having one offer on the table for a different department. They were very understanding of the multiple offer situation and provided non-typical processing to expedite their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a process you'd implement if a facility had a breach of security?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where security has been impacted, negatively or positively, in your previous job and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Community Health Systems.

Interview

quick quick quick. last 15 minutes maybe. Phone interview to hire then you are told that you will get training. Most do not and having sat through the training, it is not helpful at all.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stepped inside a hospital or at least know what one is? Can you start and image from SCCM to a new PC on the network?   1 Answer

Insurance Reimbursement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems (Fort Smith, AR).

Interview

Short phone interview. Panel interview with several managers.Lasted about thirty minutes. Called back for a peer interview with several team members. Background check is extensive and many don't pass. Misdemeanors will keep you from getting hired. Drug test required. Once hired there are random drug tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you couldn't get everything completed.   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker or customer.   Answer Question
    • What does the word trust mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a slightly higher rate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems (Franklin, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took roughly 3 weeks. Had a phone screen with HR recruiter which went very well and was not difficult. Had a phone interview with 3 people a week later. The phone interview was conducted by 2 Directors of Finance and the same HR professional that conducted phone screen. They asked a great deal of detailed questions about my past experience and the position I applied for. Questions were not difficult but if you were not a legitimate candidate then you would be discovered during this interview. 2 weeks later I went to the corporate office in Franklin for a face to face interview with the same 3 people who conducted the phone interview. This interview was really laid back and comfortable. Asked me a few situational questions and then I asked quite a few questions about the role. The face to face interview was about an hour and the phone interview was an hour and a half. Phone screen was 30 mins. The most difficult was definitely the phone interview.

Eligibility Screening Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I believe there was a "personality quiz" immediately after that. I then had a phone interview with my now immediate supervisor, and then an in-person interview a week later with the head of the state. I also met with the hospital's BOD. After the offer, there was a background check and a drug test. The hospital also did a titers test and required proof of vaccinations.

Or RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Community Health Systems.

Interview

Panel interview with 8 people. Two year contract with position if new rn to OR. $20,000 owed to CHS if you quit before 2 years! Pay sucks for contract registered nurses compared to travelers and permanent employees. On call availability also needed for this position.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Contract too expensive. On call schedule too demanding. Not worth the pay.

Director Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Community Health Systems.

Interview

Interviewed scheduled over two days, with 8 interviewers. Two ended up backing out. They paid for all the travel expenses, but I had to pay up front. There were multiple locations for me to go for the interviews. There was basically an online test that was required prior to the interview, which took about 1.5 hours.