Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Commvault
- Software Engineer (11)
- Software Developer (9)
- Member of Technical Staff (4)
- Associate Member of Technical Staff (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Intern (2)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (1)
- Director Marketing (1)
- Pre-Sales Systems Engineer (1)
- Research and Development Engineer (1)
- Marketing Manager (1)
- Account Executive (1)
- Finance (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Sales Director (1)
- Sales Engineering Manager (1)
- Associate Member Technical Staff (1)
- Java Software Engineer (1)
- Software Test Engineer (1)
- Technical Support Engineer (1)
- Support (1)
- Pre Sales Engineer (1)
- C/C++ Developer (1)
- Java GUI (1)
- Associate Member Technical Staff - Developer (1)
- Software Developer - NetSuite (1)
- Customer Support Engineer - Media Management Team (1)
- Software Engineer - Full Time (1)
Member of Technical Staff Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Commvault.
Started with a debugging test which included fixing a C program which had bugs in it (stack overflow, memory corruption). One telephonic interview and 3 on site interviews, all of them based on c++ and data strucutres.
- If you are good in programming then you should be able to crack it. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Commvault
Member of Technical Staff InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at Commvault (Oceanport, NJ) in August 2011.
Absolutely awful experience. The manager had me over for an interview on site after 2 rounds of phone interviews. After a day long interview followed by a skills test and another phone interview (overall 4 rounds), they wanted to make an offer immediately. That offer came after nearly 30 days even though they promised to send it within 2-3 days. No proper explanation was offered during this time and the manager went off on vacation without informing me. I finally received the offer from HR and accepted it. The next day, the manager returned from vacation and wanted to rescind the offer. Total lack of professionalism.
- What are your expectations from a manager? Answer Question
Member of Technical Staff InterviewNo Offer
Round 1 Written Test consisting of very easy questions of aptitude and question on C and C++.
Round 2 - Programming test , Duration 4-5 hours To develop a search Engine
Round 3 Interview
They focused on one thing during the entire presentation - PERFORMANCE
- Developing a Search Engine 1 Answer
Member of Technical Staff InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Commvault (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2012.
Initially there was a technical written test where one descriptive question on linked list and 45 MCQs were asked. I was in the 5 shortlisted students among 120 students. Then there were three interview rounds. The 1st round is a technical round where technical questions on C , Data structures, Networking were asked. The 2nd round is a puzzle round in which a puzzle was given which is to be solved ASAP. I took 20 minutes to solve it. 3rd round is again technical round on pointers concept in C and some other basics of C. Totally it was 3.5 hrs interview. I felt extremely happy after receiving the offer. The staff was very good at all technical concepts and were very professional. Actually their way of interview made me focus instead of worrying and being tension about the offer.
As it is a on campus placements it is a fixed amount.