CompUSA Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2015
Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Easy interview, just stay confident and positive and you will have a shot. The stores main goal is to have people that can genuinely assist customers and want to make some money. The technical stuff can be learned but at least research what a cat 5 cable is, you don't want to be completely blank.

Never talk about money first, the first person to speak dollars loses.

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at CompUSA.

Worked here in the year 2000 - 2001
    Great Work Environment
    Fun Atmosphere
    Difficult Interview but manageable. Many prices were beat by online stores.
    Quizes and tests online to test product knowledge
    Technology shows

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CompUSA.

applied online got an interview within a week.

overal the interview was very simple just questions about my job experience and about how comfortable i am with working long hours and in a full commission enviroment.

Interview Questions
    • how comfortable are you with working full commission with no guarantee or certainty of a wage.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at CompUSA in January 2013.

Basic questions and some out from left field ones

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at CompUSA in July 2012.

Submitted application online and they called me after about a week. Met with sales manager (a great guy) and was told i might be called for a follow up interview. Next day the store manager asked me to come in to fill out paperwork and that an offer would be pending (drug and backround check). Started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Gerneralized sales and retail questions about interacting with clients and co-workers. I used to be in a fairly high level corporate sales position, so the interview was typical weeding out for non serious sales guys.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. 100% commissioned sales. After a couple months without much training my numbers are in the top third of the big earners at my store.

Computer Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CompUSA in January 2012.

I got one interview with one of the manager and the manager from the technical department. They couldnt believe that I was so prepared for it. Then that I answered all their question, they show what to do and not to do and their expectation on the floor

they offered 9 and I asked for 11

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CompUSA in January 2011.

Pretty simple, submit app online then phone interview and in person interview. Asked about sales history, if ever been on full commission sales, computer and electronics knowledge, sales training, basic customer service commen sense questions. Must know how to build a computer from scratch for this position. Must know how to set up a wireless network. Offered position on the spot.

No negotiation, full commission.

Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompUSA in January 2011.

The interview was pretty basic and was with one General Manger for about 15 minuets. I was even told later that I was the only person in recent memory to wear a full suit to an interview. They were basically just looking for a competent person who wasn't afraid to speak to strangers.

Interview Questions
    • What type of computer do I have at home? What were the specs and why did I choose to buy that one?   Answer Question
    No negations. Flat rate.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CompUSA in June 2010.

The interview process was conducted over a two-day, Sunday-Monday period. Interviewing on only one weekday (Monday) providing you with a sense of a typical weekday ad weekend schedule. On Sunday evening I met with management in an informal setting over the evening meal. During this Sunday evening gathering management will also interview candidates. On Monday they provided an overview of the store. We were finished with this process by 1500 on Monday afternoon.

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CompUSA in January 2010.

They'll claim you will make 50k+ your first year and over 100k by your second. You'll barely break 20k the first year if you're lucky and dont get fired first. They'll ask you for a drug test, but they'll hire pretty much anyone, they dont care. You're not there because they think you can do the job, you're there because they need someone to warm a seat and call a bunch of random people looking for someone with money to burn.

Interview Questions
    • Management asking why you couldnt meet your sales goal for the week after increasing the expectation by 25k in a single week!   View Answer
    absolutely no negotiation. Either take what they offer or walk.