CompUSA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Interview

Retail Sales
Rego Park, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CompUSA.

Interview Details – Worked here in the year 2000 - 2001
Great Work Environment
Fun Atmosphere
Difficult Interview but manageable. Many prices were beat by online stores.
Quizes and tests online to test product knowledge
Technology shows

Interview Question – Many questions from A+ certification   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Basic questions and some out from left field ones

Interview Question – Who would you contact in the future and why   Answer Question

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

Commisioned Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CompUSA.

Interview Details – applied online got an interview within a week.

overal the interview was very simple just questions about my job experience and about how comfortable i am with working long hours and in a full commission enviroment.

Interview Question – how comfortable are you with working full commission with no guarantee or certainty of a wage.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Computer Technician Interview

Computer Technician
Edison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CompUSA in August 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the Manager of the technical department, basic PC tech questions to start. Big surprise was a written test. Told them I did not have the time as the test would take about an hour, but asked if I could come back to take it, they were find with that. Went home and studied like crazy, and went back and took the test. Similar to the A+ certification test but shorter. I guess I did ok, as I got the job.

Interview Question – Unexpected question, do you have time to take a written test today!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As my first job in the computer field, I was just happy to have an offer, so I did not really negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

B2B Sales Representative Interview

B2B Sales Representative
Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2010.

Interview Details – They'll claim you will make 50k+ your first year and over 100k by your second. You'll barely break 20k the first year if you're lucky and dont get fired first. They'll ask you for a drug test, but they'll hire pretty much anyone, they dont care. You're not there because they think you can do the job, you're there because they need someone to warm a seat and call a bunch of random people looking for someone with money to burn.

Interview Question – Management asking why you couldnt meet your sales goal for the week after increasing the expectation by 25k in a single week!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – absolutely no negotiation. Either take what they offer or walk.

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

Commisioned Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at CompUSA in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online and they called me after about a week. Met with sales manager (a great guy) and was told i might be called for a follow up interview. Next day the store manager asked me to come in to fill out paperwork and that an offer would be pending (drug and backround check). Started the next week.

Interview Question – Gerneralized sales and retail questions about interacting with clients and co-workers. I used to be in a fairly high level corporate sales position, so the interview was typical weeding out for non serious sales guys.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. 100% commissioned sales. After a couple months without much training my numbers are in the top third of the big earners at my store.

Sales Interview

Sales
Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty simple, submit app online then phone interview and in person interview. Asked about sales history, if ever been on full commission sales, computer and electronics knowledge, sales training, basic customer service commen sense questions. Must know how to build a computer from scratch for this position. Must know how to set up a wireless network. Offered position on the spot.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, full commission.

Retail Manager Interview

Retail Manager
San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompUSA in April 2008.

Interview Details – First you submit your resume to the store you would like to work for, then you wait to gt a call. You start your interview with the department manager. If they like you then they have you take this computer test with questions about how you would handle different life situations. if you pass that then you interview with the store manager, take a drug test and background check. if you pass all of those you will be hired!

Interview Questions

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Miami, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CompUSA in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was conducted over a two-day, Sunday-Monday period. Interviewing on only one weekday (Monday) providing you with a sense of a typical weekday ad weekend schedule. On Sunday evening I met with management in an informal setting over the evening meal. During this Sunday evening gathering management will also interview candidates. On Monday they provided an overview of the store. We were finished with this process by 1500 on Monday afternoon.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

SERVICE ADVISOR
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager was told I would be called for an interview. After a week no call, I went to the location and spoke with the store manager and did my interview on the spot. I was hired immediately and began working that same day.

Interview Question – what is your experience in the technical support field.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CompUSA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CompUSA interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by CompUSA employees and interview candidates.