CompUSA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.2

Computer Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2012.

I got one interview with one of the manager and the manager from the technical department. They couldnt believe that I was so prepared for it. Then that I answered all their question, they show what to do and not to do and their expectation on the floor

they offered 9 and I asked for 11

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CompUSA.

Worked here in the year 2000 - 2001
    Great Work Environment
    Fun Atmosphere
    Difficult Interview but manageable. Many prices were beat by online stores.
    Quizes and tests online to test product knowledge
    Technology shows

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2013.

Basic questions and some out from left field ones

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompUSA.

applied online got an interview within a week.

overal the interview was very simple just questions about my job experience and about how comfortable i am with working long hours and in a full commission enviroment.

Interview Questions
    • how comfortable are you with working full commission with no guarantee or certainty of a wage.   View Answer

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CompUSA in August 2009.

Met with the Manager of the technical department, basic PC tech questions to start. Big surprise was a written test. Told them I did not have the time as the test would take about an hour, but asked if I could come back to take it, they were find with that. Went home and studied like crazy, and went back and took the test. Similar to the A+ certification test but shorter. I guess I did ok, as I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question, do you have time to take a written test today!   Answer Question
    As my first job in the computer field, I was just happy to have an offer, so I did not really negotiate.

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2010.

They'll claim you will make 50k+ your first year and over 100k by your second. You'll barely break 20k the first year if you're lucky and dont get fired first. They'll ask you for a drug test, but they'll hire pretty much anyone, they dont care. You're not there because they think you can do the job, you're there because they need someone to warm a seat and call a bunch of random people looking for someone with money to burn.

Interview Questions
    • Management asking why you couldnt meet your sales goal for the week after increasing the expectation by 25k in a single week!   View Answer
    absolutely no negotiation. Either take what they offer or walk.

Commisioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at CompUSA in July 2012.

Submitted application online and they called me after about a week. Met with sales manager (a great guy) and was told i might be called for a follow up interview. Next day the store manager asked me to come in to fill out paperwork and that an offer would be pending (drug and backround check). Started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Gerneralized sales and retail questions about interacting with clients and co-workers. I used to be in a fairly high level corporate sales position, so the interview was typical weeding out for non serious sales guys.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. 100% commissioned sales. After a couple months without much training my numbers are in the top third of the big earners at my store.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CompUSA in January 2011.

Pretty simple, submit app online then phone interview and in person interview. Asked about sales history, if ever been on full commission sales, computer and electronics knowledge, sales training, basic customer service commen sense questions. Must know how to build a computer from scratch for this position. Must know how to set up a wireless network. Offered position on the spot.

No negotiation, full commission.

Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at CompUSA in April 2008.

First you submit your resume to the store you would like to work for, then you wait to gt a call. You start your interview with the department manager. If they like you then they have you take this computer test with questions about how you would handle different life situations. if you pass that then you interview with the store manager, take a drug test and background check. if you pass all of those you will be hired!

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CompUSA in June 2010.

The interview process was conducted over a two-day, Sunday-Monday period. Interviewing on only one weekday (Monday) providing you with a sense of a typical weekday ad weekend schedule. On Sunday evening I met with management in an informal setting over the evening meal. During this Sunday evening gathering management will also interview candidates. On Monday they provided an overview of the store. We were finished with this process by 1500 on Monday afternoon.

Interview Questions

Worked for CompUSA? Contribute to the Community!