CompWest Insurance

Interviews for Top Jobs at CompWest Insurance

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CompWest Insurance in November 2011.

I received a call from their HR manager in order to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled three days after the initial call and it lasted one hour. The HR lady was very friendly and informative about the company history. Her enthusiasm encouraged me to continue further. Questions consisted of why I left each company, naming a scenario that I was most proud of, etc. She then indicated she would share my info with Management and get back to me. The interview was scheduled two weeks later and confirmed via email.

The office building was nice. Be sure to take your parking ticket because they validate it for you. There was a friendly male person in the reception area and I was interviewed by one supervisor and the manager. The supervisor was warm and personable. The manager a little more reserved. They were very interested in regards to gaps of my employment history and later went on to the technical questions. Somehow the manager appeared less interested and almost annoyed with my responses. The interview only lasted 30 minutes. Not a good sign since the phone interview was longer. They finished by letting me know they were still in the screening/interview process and someone in HR would contact me. I left with a negative feeling.

I received prompt response within two days that I was no longer being considered for the position and thanked me for coming to interview.

Interview Questions
    • We noticed there are gaps in employment. Why? (They went back several years to find out what I did and why I left and what were the circumstances)   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CompWest Insurance in January 2009.

The initial phone interview was with Human Resources and lasted about an hour. It consisted of your normal interview questions about your background, past experience, what you know about the company. The next interview was at the office and was with the head of HR and an employee in the department. It was a repeat of the phone interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with the Director of the department.

Interview Questions