Compass Airlines

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Compass Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Compass Airlines in January 2015.

I had an opportunity to attend the Los Angeles Open House on January 6th. The experience was quite good. Upon registering/checking in they provided you with a name tag and a number. After turning in your required paperwork they also asked you to pick a number. The number that you picked correlated to a question that you would later be asked.

They gave you a detailed orientation on the company and the position and allowed time for questions. They gave a short break and you were asked to return within 15 minutes. Once back they gave directions as to the next step which was within 1 minute introduce yourself and answer a question. They listed 7 questions up on the presentation screen. The number you drew earlier at the at registration was the question you were to answer.

After everyone finished they gave us another break for about an hour. During this time they would select the candidates that they felt were the best fit to come back for interviews. They selected 50 people out of the 142 that showed up. They posted the numbers outside the room, and if your number was highlighted you were invited to come back for a second interview over the following two days. If you were one of the 50 you went back into the room to get further details, instructions, and your interview time.

Interview Questions
    • What would you find most difficult about adjusting to a flight attendant position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Airlines in January 2015.

The process was standard as other airlines. I applied in late October received and invitation to attend the interview session in LA for December. I had to reschedule for the next session in January which I attended. Advice to others if you're really want to know about Compass Airlines apply and attend and make your decision.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Compass Airlines in January 2015.

I applied online back in the fall and received an email in December inviting me to an information session in January. The information session had about 100 attendees all dressed professionally and with a smile. The compass hiring team started by introducing themselves and then went into detail about the company and everything you can expect if you become a flight attendant, such as pay and training. After that we took a short break and then came back to the room and everyone was given one question to answer and you had one minute to give your best answer. If you went over the one minute time limit, they rang a bell and thanked you and you stopped your answer and took your seat (this is not to be rude, but to keep the process moving). I don't think it matters as much what your answer is, but how you answer (ie. smile, be genuine). After everyone got a chance to speak, we took another break for about an hour while the hiring team discussed who would be invited to the 1:1 interviews. About half the people who attended were selected for the 1:1 (about 50ish people). Interviews were held over the following 2 days and you were assigned a specific day, time and location to meet your interviewer. My interviewer was wonderful and I was not nervous at all during the interview ( which has never happened for me!). None of the questions were very difficult, about 6 questions in total, a few situational, previous jobs and why you want to be a flight attendant (again, be genuine). After the interview, I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks whether or not I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do toy want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Compass Airlines.

I submitted my resume and about 3 weeks later I received an invitation to an Informational Session. At the session they weeded out some candidates by explaining the job and pay, causing many to leave. Next they gave us each a question to answer in front of the group and we had 60 seconds to give out answer. We were judged on this and from that some were asked to stay and others were dismissed. Those asked to stay we're given an appt time to have a face to face interview with two recruiters. Mine was scheduled for the next day. They were very kind and I didn't feel pressured at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you were challenged at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I was given a training date

Crew Scheduler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Airlines.

Phone and then in person

Not worth the move

Co-Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Airlines in November 2012.

Phone call to ask if interested in Interview. Accepted, set up a date almost a month out. They fly you to MSP on a paid ticket the day before and set you up at a basic hotel. Shuttle to and from. Early AM, a little presentation on Company and then the 3 Computer test that most airlines have you do. If you pass you go to a canned Panel interview with a recruiter, a captain and an FO. All questions are predetermined from a booklet. They don't digress very much. Offer is given a few minutes after the panel interview the is a cab to the airport to catch your flight.

Interview Questions
    • Found a discrepancy in my list of speeding tickets.   View Answer

Pay for regional pilots is way too low. The industry is really screwed up. Go build time at a corporate or charter outfit and make some money then go to the majors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Compass Airlines in March 2011.

Applied online and was given a date for an informational interview. There were about 35 other candidates there. It was all very relaxed. An HR rep came and talked about the position and the company as well as have a Q&A session with current employees. We had to stand up and give a 1 minute presentation about ourselves and why we wanted to work for Compass. We were then separated into groups and told if we were going to have a 1 on 1 interview the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were working a flight and your fellow flight attendant was not following regulations? What if they were your superior?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time that something you worked on did not turn out.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time that someone gave you the wrong information.   Answer Question

In Flight Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Compass Airlines in August 2008.

Interview Questions
    • Has your previous job experience put you in a position where you are now capable to preform the job functions listed in the job description?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Compass Airlines in March 2008.

It was ok