Compass Education Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Compass Education

Compass Education Verbal ACT Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Larkspur, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compass Education (Larkspur, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application to Compass Education and was contacted within 24 hours by an employee who wanted to set up a phone interview for that day. I was impressed by how quickly they responded to my application. The phone interview was great; the interviewer was friendly and asked great questions about my previous tutoring experience and skills. She explained the rest of the interview process to me and also sent a very helpful email detailing the stages of the upcoming interview as well as a more extensive application to fill out. I was also told to prepare a 5 minute "lesson" on a topic of my choosing (some examples given were: how to solve a sudoku puzzle, or how to make those frosting rosettes on cakes) which I would then "teach" to some Compass employees. The next interview was within a week from the phone interview. I arrived at their office in Larkspur with my application. Everyone was extremely friendly and accommodating. I then took a 30 minute verbal SAT test and a 30 minute math SAT test. After the tests, I gave my presentation/lesson to 2 Compass employees (I ended up choosing "How to Survive a Shark Attack"). After the presentation, I was asked a few questions by the same Compass employees who watched my presentation. I was offered the job on the spot, provided that I successfully completed the upcoming training. Overall, it was a very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Larkspur, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Education (Larkspur, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

There was an initial, brief phone screen, apparently to make sure I was who I said I was. For the in-person interview they requested that I prepare a short lesson on any topic and teach it to two staff members. I also had to answer about 15 SAT questions. Then there was a standard interview with a hiring manager, which was fairly casual and brief.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question