Compass Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Hospitality In the Mining Industry Interview

Hospitality In the Mining Industry

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Inital communications was via email, sending cv then selected to go to HQ for a group session, presentation/information about the company, a small maths test and finally the 1:1 interview. The person interviewing me didn't even wait for my answers, was rude, took notes that looked impossible to read. I realised that there were a few people in line to be interviewed but there were at least 5 or 6 interviewers for about 30 applicants so no big deal as far as time etc.
Looked like a farily smooth operation except this is a recruitment company and with an interviewer like this a really bad representation of the company. In hindsight I should have waited for another interviewer.
The recruitment supervisor leading the presentation did a great job and was very thorough.
I had travelled a fair way early this morning - about 3 hours - so I was ready to do my best but was rather deflated after such a treatment. Drove back home for another 3 hours thinking about how silly the interview was and how on earth she would be able to work as a recruiter with that attitude.
Anyway, it's all experience I suppose but I would be very interested to know if there are other people with the same opinion and perhaps what to be aware of during these circumstances. There must be a right or a wrong answer to "why do you think you'd be good for this position?" I replied because I'm a hard worker, a great team player etc etc. So you can't help but think that there is a formula to live up to or maybe it's just about the interviewer and their attitude. This person definitely didn't like the job and should recruit herself to another position that doesn't involve other people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!