Compass Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group.

Being hired can be difficult, in the interview, you really have to impress them with your words and confidence. It can be hard but I was always told to be myself.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Compass Group Chartwells   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Compass Group in April 2014.

Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in November 2011.

Work culture is somewhat unstructured. Interview was with senior management, short and mostly related to skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Need knowledge of marketing, foodservice trends, and graphic design skill.   Answer Question

Server/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Compass Group in April 2009.

Be open to working weekends and holidays. They are vey safety oriented-keep that in mind. One interview. 30 minutes. Be neat! This is a company that cares about the color of your socks-even if you work in the kitchen-so pay attention to your apperance.

My backgroud check took two months! But I think that's a record. I didn't mind, but it is unusual because I don't move around or had ever changed my name.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Do you have any problem working with a racialy diverse team? Do you understand the importance of confidentiality?   Answer Question
    I was told the job paid $8.50/hr (min wage?) like negotiation was out of the question.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Compass Group in August 2009.

received the interview through a friend that worked there. Met with the head chef and talked for about 30 mintues. Asked basic questions about techinques and recipes. Every recipe is off the top of the head, so there are no formal recipes. Offered me the Job and I took it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to cook a turkey?
      Do you know how to make sushi?
        Answer Question
    pay rate is low.. due to high volume of employees

Hospitality & Catering Staff Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Swansea, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Compass Group in August 2012.

I applied for the post online and was emailed back inviting me to attend one of their interview days (this was in 2012). The interview was fairly informal and was focussed around you as a person and them just getting to know if you'd work well in their work environment. They asked if I had previous experience in retail and if I worked well in a team etc.

Interview Questions
    • As it was an informal interview, none of the questions were taxing.   Answer Question

Resident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in February 2013.

HR Phone Interview. In person Interview. SIte Inspection. In person interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult client when working as a 3rd party supplier   Answer Question
    Phone offer followed up by letter via email.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tilburg (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilburg (Netherlands)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in February 2010.

Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview. General questions, Why this company , why this type of job ? Important to notify about your interests in company and the specific job description. Salary is at market conform but negotiations about wages is possible.

Interview Questions
    • How could you improve the sales/turnover of our department ?   View Answer
    negotiate about salary

Administration Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compass Group.

Apply online and contact from Site Level Management

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just be prepared for duplicate forms filling process and waiting   Answer Question

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ludhiana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Ludhiana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compass Group in April 2010.

First Interview with HR Executive then With Accounts Manager and Branch Manager at Ludhiana Branch

Interview Questions

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!