Compass Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview Details – Being hired can be difficult, in the interview, you really have to impress them with your words and confidence. It can be hard but I was always told to be myself.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with Compass Group Chartwells   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Compass Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Interview Question – Completion of the business case   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – Work culture is somewhat unstructured. Interview was with senior management, short and mostly related to skill set.

Interview Question – Need knowledge of marketing, foodservice trends, and graphic design skill.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Server/Dishwasher Interview

Server/Dishwasher
Rockford, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Compass Group in April 2009.

Interview Details – Be open to working weekends and holidays. They are vey safety oriented-keep that in mind. One interview. 30 minutes. Be neat! This is a company that cares about the color of your socks-even if you work in the kitchen-so pay attention to your apperance.

My backgroud check took two months! But I think that's a record. I didn't mind, but it is unusual because I don't move around or had ever changed my name.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? Do you have any problem working with a racialy diverse team? Do you understand the importance of confidentiality?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told the job paid $8.50/hr (min wage?) like negotiation was out of the question.

Very Easy Interview

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef
Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Compass Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – received the interview through a friend that worked there. Met with the head chef and talked for about 30 mintues. Asked basic questions about techinques and recipes. Every recipe is off the top of the head, so there are no formal recipes. Offered me the Job and I took it.

Interview Question – Do you know how to cook a turkey?
Do you know how to make sushi?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay rate is low.. due to high volume of employees

Hospitality & Catering Staff Interview Interview

Hospitality & Catering Staff Interview
Swansea, Wales (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Compass Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the post online and was emailed back inviting me to attend one of their interview days (this was in 2012). The interview was fairly informal and was focussed around you as a person and them just getting to know if you'd work well in their work environment. They asked if I had previous experience in retail and if I worked well in a team etc.

Interview Question – As it was an informal interview, none of the questions were taxing.   Answer Question

Resident Manager Interview

Resident Manager
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in February 2013.

Interview Details – HR Phone Interview. In person Interview. SIte Inspection. In person interview

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult client when working as a 3rd party supplier   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone offer followed up by letter via email.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Tilburg (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Telephone interview followed by a face to face interview. General questions, Why this company , why this type of job ? Important to notify about your interests in company and the specific job description. Salary is at market conform but negotiations about wages is possible.

Interview Question – How could you improve the sales/turnover of our department ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate about salary

Administration Assistant Interview

Administration Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview Details – Apply online and contact from Site Level Management

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just be prepared for duplicate forms filling process and waiting   Answer Question

Accounts Executive Interview

Accounts Executive
Ludhiana (India)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compass Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview with HR Executive then With Accounts Manager and Branch Manager at Ludhiana Branch

Interview Question – There is not any question which may be difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!