Compass Group Interview Questions

2.6

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group.

Being hired can be difficult, in the interview, you really have to impress them with your words and confidence. It can be hard but I was always told to be myself.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with Compass Group Chartwells   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Group in April 2014.

Started with phone screen by HR department and then a phone screen from hiring manager. After making it though phone screens, participated in panel interview where case study was presented along with additional interview questions.

Patient Flow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Compass Group in April 2013.

Interviewed with the VP at TouchPoint (sub company of Compass). I personally was ready for the interview as I prepared myself. I did the best I could with my resume and research the company I thought I was applying to. I found out mid-interview when the VP asked me what I could tell him about the company, that I was interviewing with the wrong company. The VP asked me if I wanted to continue with the interview as he thought there would be a position I was qualified for or if I would like to leave. I chose to stay, partly because I was frozen in terror, but I'm glad I did. It really says a lot that it was handled the way that it was, especially by the VP.

Interview Questions
    • I was given five minutes to explain a procedure, any procedure and afterward he could ask me any questions.   View Answer
    I was very happy with the offer, there was no need to negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group in November 2011.

Work culture is somewhat unstructured. Interview was with senior management, short and mostly related to skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Need knowledge of marketing, foodservice trends, and graphic design skill.   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Compass Group in August 2009.

received the interview through a friend that worked there. Met with the head chef and talked for about 30 mintues. Asked basic questions about techinques and recipes. Every recipe is off the top of the head, so there are no formal recipes. Offered me the Job and I took it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to cook a turkey?
      Do you know how to make sushi?
        Answer Question
    pay rate is low.. due to high volume of employees

Server/Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Group in April 2009.

Be open to working weekends and holidays. They are vey safety oriented-keep that in mind. One interview. 30 minutes. Be neat! This is a company that cares about the color of your socks-even if you work in the kitchen-so pay attention to your apperance.

My backgroud check took two months! But I think that's a record. I didn't mind, but it is unusual because I don't move around or had ever changed my name.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Do you have any problem working with a racialy diverse team? Do you understand the importance of confidentiality?   Answer Question
    I was told the job paid $8.50/hr (min wage?) like negotiation was out of the question.

Food Service Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compass Group.

I applied online via the compass group website outside of their normal recruitment time, which at the time only had the Chef job available. I didn't hear back until they were actually recruiting. I received an email which specified a time and date for interview. The interviews themselves were very quick to accommodate for a large amount of people to be processed.

The interview itself was straight forward. Basic questions relating to the job, working on a team, relevant past experience, cooking, and education were asked.

A few days after the interview I received an email inviting me to the instruction day. I don't remember if I was told what my job would be, since I was not suitable for the Chef job. I did the general training, and not the food prep training, even though that was where I was put when I actually started working. Adjusting was not very difficult, however and the job was doable.

Resident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group in February 2013.

HR Phone Interview. In person Interview. SIte Inspection. In person interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult client when working as a 3rd party supplier   Answer Question
    Phone offer followed up by letter via email.

Administration Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group.

Apply online and contact from Site Level Management

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just be prepared for duplicate forms filling process and waiting   Answer Question

Hospitality & Catering Staff Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Group in August 2012.

I applied for the post online and was emailed back inviting me to attend one of their interview days (this was in 2012). The interview was fairly informal and was focussed around you as a person and them just getting to know if you'd work well in their work environment. They asked if I had previous experience in retail and if I worked well in a team etc.

Interview Questions
    • As it was an informal interview, none of the questions were taxing.   Answer Question