Compass Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.5

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Group (Sanford, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took a long time to get the call but once called I was interviewed, and had a background check. Basic questions about work history and experience.

Interview Questions

• Will anything come up on your background check?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pat was not discussed at the interview. I was told that Compass is a great company to work for though.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group (Rye Brook, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

VP Marketing interviewed me after a phone interview. Took 2 week for initial interview. no communication between phone and actual interview. interviewer did not know what i was there for. Interview was at 3pm. Attended me at 3:20pm. interview completed by 3:46pm. Told I was very qualified for position and would communicate with me after all interview were complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Did you bring a portfolio? Let's see your previous work?   1 Answer
    • Do yo know about us? Chartwell Higher Education?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldershot, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group (Aldershot, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was held in one of the house groups lounges. I was asked a few question regarding what was on my CV, told a little about the place and then shown around where i would work if i got offered the post. About a week later i got an email offering me the post as i was the best person fitted for the post.

Bookings Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compass Group (Redmond, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great, and the management realized I had much more potential than the position that I initially applied for and ended up offering me a better job after my first interview with higher pay.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to make your next position a career?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Compass Group (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

sit in room with manager sign a form and show i.d. and thats all i had to do there is no questions about the job role or anything. all i got told was they were very understaffed and always need people. it is very easy to get job with compass as no formal qualifications needed or skills required

Interview Questions

• were in cambridge am i from.   1 Answer

Waitree Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aintree, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Compass Group (Aintree, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

asked a range of questions which allowed from employees traits and personality to come out. as well as this we where asked to talk through as task and how we would break it into smaller task in order to get the job done. very busy interview day as there are loads going on at the same time. we were asked to bring our passports and bank details along to the interview with us.

Interview Questions

• how would you go about assembling a flat pack?   1 Answer

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Compass Group (Redmond, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I first received a phone call to discuss the interest and basic qualification. Then the HR recruiter invited to an in person interview with the hiring manager, which lasted about an hour. After three days, I was offered the position.

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group (Durham, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Detailed, informative, positive. Felt like I was informed properly about the job role I was being offered and was treated well. I could ask any questions I wanted and felt relaxed throughout. The interviewer was friendly and positive about the things she said to me. No problems at all.

Interview Questions

• Would you be OK with doing night shift   1 Answer

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Compass Group (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Quick, simple and resume based. I came in wearing professional attire. There was 3 managers there. The questions were fairly easy and food related. They made sure I was not a criminal. There was no drug test.

Patient Flow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Compass Group (Tucson, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the VP at TouchPoint (sub company of Compass). I personally was ready for the interview as I prepared myself. I did the best I could with my resume and research the company I thought I was applying to. I found out mid-interview when the VP asked me what I could tell him about the company, that I was interviewing with the wrong company. The VP asked me if I wanted to continue with the interview as he thought there would be a position I was qualified for or if I would like to leave. I chose to stay, partly because I was frozen in terror, but I'm glad I did. It really says a lot that it was handled the way that it was, especially by the VP.

Interview Questions

• I was given five minutes to explain a procedure, any procedure and afterward he could ask me any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very happy with the offer, there was no need to negotiate.