Compass Group USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Route Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Indeed ad was for $40,000 a year. I received an interview within 24 hours. The interview was in an awkward group setting with 2 other applicants. Upon a brief description of the job we completed a walk through of a kitchen that really didn't pertain to the job posting. At the end of the interview we were told the opening is $14 hourly which equates to $29,000 a year. It was a deceptive tactic. Perhaps including what the company contributes to benefits?

Interview Questions

• Do you have 5 years driving experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you think this would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Deceptive on ad, unfair compensation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group USA (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview process is very drawn out. I first interviewed with a hiring manager and was told that if invited to the next round, I would need to prepare a case study. The case study was very involved and took roughly 7-8 hours to prepare, and was presented to the hiring manager, her supervisor, and those who the position would be working with. Once I arrived, I could see from the interview packets scattered across the table that roughly 8-10 people had been interviewed that day. I understand wanting to get the best candidate, but come on. It was a situational based (SMART) interview in the second round and I was told I would hear within a week. After not hearing anything after a week and a half, I followed up and was told I was not selected.

AM Line Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group USA (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I like Compass as a company. You have to have compassion and drive to succeed here. If you just need a check this may not be for you. You will have a lot of on-hand training and can learn a large amount of information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate with ease.

Interview

First step is an accounting and Excel test, which if passed the next step is an online assessment. That should take 1 1/2 hours but, really lasts longer if you're trying to do well on it. Then there is a face to face interview with two individuals simultaneously. Questions, are mainly behavioural read from preselected questions, and your responses are noted in the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Tell us the type of excel formulas you've used?   Answer Question

Corporate Counsel Interview

Interview

They want the universe in terms of the skills and qualifications but are not willing to pay even the lowest six figures. Opportunities for growth are none, and there is little variety of assignments due to a siloed organization of the department. The position becomes open frequently as they are not able to retain talent.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the classic, unimaginative interview questions along the line name your strengths and weaknesses, or tells us about challenges in your previous positions. (zzzzzzz.......)   Answer Question

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Compass Group USA (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a job fair. We had to fill the app out then set and wait on an interview with the manager. He asked lots of questions then we sat and waited a min then the Chef came and did an interview. Then they camr e asked how low we would be willing to be paid. Then we sat and waited was told I was hired and given directions to the drug screening center.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Group USA (Rochester Hills, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The person the hired me in was not aware of my position or pay so it was not good did not tell me that they had layoffs without pay and also they were not working us the full 40 hours

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview

Made email contact with hiring manager. Scheduled for in person interview with 2 directors and executive chef. Received an email a week later telling me I wasn't selected. A week after that I was called and asked if I'd be interested in the job still. I was offered the job on the phone.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask difficult questions. They were concerned with my ability to read recipes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I just wanted the job at the time. You can negotiate for at least 10% or higher than what they offer.

Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Compass Group USA (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Originally contacted by a recruiter and the hiring process was relatively easy. Interviewed with food service director and with the client at the account.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding financials that I had not encountered at that time. This did not effect the outcome of the interview as I would come to find out later. They were just trying to see where I was and what might need to be learned on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary. I did my research and was able to provide necessary back up to my argument for an increased offer.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Group USA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, in-person interview with a group was scheduled the following week. Job posting had several mistakes including the location. The posting was not tailored to what they wanted to hire making the interview more difficult. The best advice is be who you are and hopefully you match what they need. Everyone was nice and friendly and the office looked nice.

Interview Questions

• The questions regarding my future plans since I didn't know what they wanted from the position were the most difficult. They were not hard in themselves, just difficult to align with their plans.   Answer Question