Compass Group USA

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview Details – Made email contact with hiring manager. Scheduled for in person interview with 2 directors and executive chef. Received an email a week later telling me I wasn't selected. A week after that I was called and asked if I'd be interested in the job still. I was offered the job on the phone.

Interview Question – They didn't ask difficult questions. They were concerned with my ability to read recipes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. I just wanted the job at the time. You can negotiate for at least 10% or higher than what they offer.

District Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compass Group USA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process went great - recommended by fellow manager. Interview was very informative job offer made within days.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position - you worked for your previous company for 10 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared to to let the interviewer know that you are looking to be compensated fairly for the position

Food Service Manager Interview

Food Service Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Compass Group USA.

Interview Details – Originally contacted by a recruiter and the hiring process was relatively easy. Interviewed with food service director and with the client at the account.

Interview Question – Questions regarding financials that I had not encountered at that time. This did not effect the outcome of the interview as I would come to find out later. They were just trying to see where I was and what might need to be learned on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the salary. I did my research and was able to provide necessary back up to my argument for an increased offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

Sales
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compass Group USA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly quick process - you will have to take a personality profile test that will take an hour+ to complete

Interview Question – typical "what are your strengths/weaknesses" questions - nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple - it is all handled through the company recruiter

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Compass Group USA in December 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview for contract position. Took place in one of the contract cafeteria. Employees of at cafeteria were friendly and helpful - especially since I was thoroughly confused with what was going on. I got an interview with each person separately and then with the whole panel together.

Negotiation Details – It was terrible - mostly due to my naivety. I was low balled.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Compass Group USA in June 2010.

Interview Details – Understand Corporate Foodservice. Ability to follow procedures but also think through creatively to solve problems is a plus.

Interview Question – Driving sales in a fixed population demands a consistent focus on daily execution and building relationships with key revenue drivers (admins, execs)   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Compass Group USA in June 2011.

Interview Details – craigslist posting, 2 interviews, offer

Interview Question – What is a situation where you did not get along with management, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Compass Group USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – initial in person interview, interviewer talked more than listened or asked questions. second interview was "chef test". silly list of questions, how do you calculate food cost, come up with three sandwiches, etc. then a low ball offer. stick to your guns, they will come up. they try to get you for cheap, telling you it is a "quality of life" decision and you should take less pay because of that. They don't tell you that you will be working 12 hours a day and coming in on your days off.

Interview Question – it was a pretty easy interview process overall but my interviewer was not the sharpest tool in the shed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the recruiter makes a low ball offer and demands an immediate answer, then gets agitated if you ask for a little time to decide. Mine told me, "take it or leave it". They were advertising $60K for the position but offered me $57K. I said I needed $60K and they buckled.

District Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Compass Group USA in June 2010.

Interview Details – Apply through Resource network, phone Interview with recruiter, site visit with senior leadership, intelligence tests, presentation test, final decision

Interview Question – as difficult as they can come up with   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender
College Station, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Compass Group USA in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview/hiring process was a joke. I went in to apply for another position and they offered me a bartending position. Management did not know what they were doing, and merely asked me 5-6 normal interview questions. Then they did not follow up with any sort of certification check or anything...

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Compass Group USA

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group USA interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group USA employees and interview candidates.