Compass Minerals

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.6

Operations Leader Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compass Minerals.

From initial contact to offer letter was approximately three weeks, so this company is obviously reasonably efficient. There were three phone interviews, each approximately an hour. Two were fairly casual, one much more structured. The proposed start date was two weeks out. Compass Minerals seems to know what they want to do, how to do it, and execute efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Why are you better qualified than any of the internal candidates?" It was unexpected because it assumed that I felt I **was** better qualified, when in fact I couldn't speak to the qualifications of internal candidates.   View Answer
    the first offer was solid in every way.

Corporate Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compass Minerals in November 2013.

I had a phone screen with HR which went great. I was invited to come in for a meeting with the Sr. Vps which I would report. When I arrived, it was another meeting with HR which repeated the phone screen. That also went well and they told me they would set up the meeting with the VPs, but then they refused to return my calls. As it turned out, they did not want to pay a recruiting fee and the outside recruiter sent in a dud before me. So HR was hesitant to review any more candidates from the recruiter.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Compass Minerals in August 2009.

Team of Interviewer's

Production Foreman Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compass Minerals in June 2011.

Phone interview with corporate. Lots of STAR scenarios.

Interview Questions
    I'm sure they would have paid more. I was more interested in the relocation package.

Maintenance Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Compass Minerals in September 2008.

Company looks online through resumes .They will call you if they are interested.You will be given a test and a tour .Background checks will be made and a drug screen and also a pysical.