Compassion International

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Technician II Interview

IT Technician II

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Compassion International in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very very slow process. It takes months. You may not hear anything for several weeks, then give up. Then things seem to pick up again and then they don't call again. It's a very difficult place to get into and with all the management changes, it's hard to keep up with.

Interview Question – Romeo and Juliet found dead. No signs of foul play. Broken glass and water everywhere. How'd they die? Seriously, they asked me that.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Compassion International.

Interview Details – Compassion International has an insane hiring process. Because of the fact that they are a completely faith based organization the law determines that belief is a BFOQ (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification). The statement of faith is often scrutinized beyond what is fair. If you cannot articulate your Christianity in terms of Evangelical, protestant, conservative theology you probably are better off not applying. I had a total of 5 interviews then I had a mock performance interview for public speaking.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you came to know Jesus   View Answer

ISDS Associate Interview

ISDS Associate
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compassion International in April 2009.

Interview Details – Compassion's hiring and interview process, at least for me, was very smooth and hassle-free. As with most jobs, networking certainly helps: Compassion receives thousands of applications a month as it is one of the most desirable Christian ministries to work for in the world. I recall about a two-week window from when I applied to when I was hired, but this is not typical -- most applicants wait at least three months to receive an initial phone call if they're being considered.

The interview itself was calm and enjoyable overall -- my position was basically entry level and the interview questions were therefore what you would expect: "Tell us about a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it," "What are your strengths and weakness?" "Where do you see yourself in five years?" etc. Their favorite questions seems to be "What are you passionate about?"

After the interview, which was probably about 45 minutes, they got back to me the next day and offered me the job. Again, an atypically fast hiring process from start to finish, and I enjoyed it.

Interview Question – "What are you passionate about?" Make sure your answer is substantial and meaningful. For example, don't put all your chips on the fact that you're passionate about Ultimate Frisbee.   Answer Question

Events Specialist Interview

Events Specialist
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compassion International.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview, followed by an in-person interview with HR and office manager. Questions were very general. Initial interview to gain insight on applicant's spiritual foundation and if he/she would make a good match for Compassion. Questions also focused on work style, how one handles stress and inter-office relations. Also asked to highlight work experiences.

Interview Question – Tell of a time when you made an innovative new process and tell us about it. Most questions were general, not particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Financial Forecasting Intern Interview

Financial Forecasting Intern
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Compassion International in February 2012.

Interview Details – A generic phone interview is conducted by the human resources department in which the same questions are asked to all applicants for summer internships. From these interviews, three or four candidates are selected to continue on to a secondary phone interview which is specific to the internship they applied for.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you feel that you would be able to offer to the organization if you were hired to this position?   Answer Question
  • What are three things you hope to get out of your internship experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist III Interview

Human Resources Specialist III
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Compassion International in August 2011.

Interview Details – Since I was a contract worker, I was interviewed as a pre-screen with the HR department. Then the Hiring Manager had an interview with me one on one. I was not chosed for the panel interview. Typically at Compassion a person will have a pre-screen by an HR specialist. Then several panel interviews by different panels- the process can take almost as much as 4-8 weeks.

Interview Question – Tell us of a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought processes did you go through? What was behind your reasoning?   Answer Question

Sys Administrative Interview

Sys Administrative
Colorado Springs, CO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Compassion International in December 2009.

Interview Details – First received a basic screening call to see if I had basic skills, and if I was still interested in the position.

Then you get an HR interview where they ask you about your beliefs, what church you go to, ask for your testimony, etc.

Team interview. I have actually been in two separate team interviews for two different positions. If you are applying for an IT position, make sure you know your stuff!!! These are some of the most technical interviews I've been in.

Interview Question – Just be aware there will be an HR interview where they ask you person questions about your beliefs and participation in church. I can't remember the exact questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Compassion International? Contribute to the Community!