Compassion International

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

3.2

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compassion International in March 2014.

Had an initial phone interview which I thought went well although much of it was directed at your faith and coming to know Christ. Which based on the organization and what they do is fair but it did seem as though being a "professional Christian", if you will, played a bigger role during the interview than talking about your actual job skills. Overall the experience was negative because even though I thought the interview went well I heard absolutely nothing in regards to next steps or in this case that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • "What steps do you (have you taken) to make your faith your own?"   Answer Question

Mobile Experience Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Compassion International in February 2014.

Applied through their website. Initial phone screening was pretty basic. Second round was detailed questions about data analysis experience, and some general questions. HR was very good about contacting me, and were sympathetic over the phone, when they informed me another candidate had accepted the position. This is a great organization!

IT Technician II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compassion International in January 2014.

Very very slow process. It takes months. You may not hear anything for several weeks, then give up. Then things seem to pick up again and then they don't call again. It's a very difficult place to get into and with all the management changes, it's hard to keep up with.

Interview Questions
    • Romeo and Juliet found dead. No signs of foul play. Broken glass and water everywhere. How'd they die? Seriously, they asked me that.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Compassion International.

Compassion International has an insane hiring process. Because of the fact that they are a completely faith based organization the law determines that belief is a BFOQ (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification). The statement of faith is often scrutinized beyond what is fair. If you cannot articulate your Christianity in terms of Evangelical, protestant, conservative theology you probably are better off not applying. I had a total of 5 interviews then I had a mock performance interview for public speaking.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you came to know Jesus   View Answer

Events Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compassion International.

Phone screening interview, followed by an in-person interview with HR and office manager. Questions were very general. Initial interview to gain insight on applicant's spiritual foundation and if he/she would make a good match for Compassion. Questions also focused on work style, how one handles stress and inter-office relations. Also asked to highlight work experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you made an innovative new process and tell us about it. Most questions were general, not particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Financial Forecasting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compassion International in February 2012.

A generic phone interview is conducted by the human resources department in which the same questions are asked to all applicants for summer internships. From these interviews, three or four candidates are selected to continue on to a secondary phone interview which is specific to the internship they applied for.

Interview Questions
    • What are three things you feel that you would be able to offer to the organization if you were hired to this position?   Answer Question
    • What are three things you hope to get out of your internship experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Compassion International in August 2011.

Since I was a contract worker, I was interviewed as a pre-screen with the HR department. Then the Hiring Manager had an interview with me one on one. I was not chosed for the panel interview. Typically at Compassion a person will have a pre-screen by an HR specialist. Then several panel interviews by different panels- the process can take almost as much as 4-8 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought processes did you go through? What was behind your reasoning?   Answer Question

Sys Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Compassion International in December 2009.

First received a basic screening call to see if I had basic skills, and if I was still interested in the position.

Then you get an HR interview where they ask you about your beliefs, what church you go to, ask for your testimony, etc.

Team interview. I have actually been in two separate team interviews for two different positions. If you are applying for an IT position, make sure you know your stuff!!! These are some of the most technical interviews I've been in.

Interview Questions
    • Just be aware there will be an HR interview where they ask you person questions about your beliefs and participation in church. I can't remember the exact questions.   Answer Question

ISDS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Compassion International in April 2009.

Compassion's hiring and interview process, at least for me, was very smooth and hassle-free. As with most jobs, networking certainly helps: Compassion receives thousands of applications a month as it is one of the most desirable Christian ministries to work for in the world. I recall about a two-week window from when I applied to when I was hired, but this is not typical -- most applicants wait at least three months to receive an initial phone call if they're being considered.

The interview itself was calm and enjoyable overall -- my position was basically entry level and the interview questions were therefore what you would expect: "Tell us about a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it," "What are your strengths and weakness?" "Where do you see yourself in five years?" etc. Their favorite questions seems to be "What are you passionate about?"

After the interview, which was probably about 45 minutes, they got back to me the next day and offered me the job. Again, an atypically fast hiring process from start to finish, and I enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    • "What are you passionate about?" Make sure your answer is substantial and meaningful. For example, don't put all your chips on the fact that you're passionate about Ultimate Frisbee.   Answer Question